Statue Sideshow - Dinosauria - Gastonia Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Sideshow might surprise us by announcing something new.
If they continue to keep this line going, they might release a new statue every few years.

I will also be immensely sad if the line is indeed gone for good, but I am also thankful to Sideshow for providing such high quality dinosaurs statues at a somewhat reasonable price (custom kits and statues from professional paleoartists are generally very expensive).

Well this sucks. Dinosauria is what got me into the high end dinosaur collectibles market.

I kind of figured Sideshow was on its way out with this line. Seems what DamToys is doing has replaced it as a product on Sideshow's site. I had the opportunity years ago to get in on the ground floor of Dinosauria. In fact I had the original T-rex, but sold it years ago as I felt the scale was too small. I dropped the line in favor of other things that were being released at the time, because, I couldn't collect everything. Now that much of what Sideshow produces really doesn't interest me, I came back to Dinosauria when the Mosasaur was released. I've since been able to pick up a few pieces, and, of course, now that I want to focus on it, it appears they've discontinued it. Just one more sign that my collecting days are coming to an end. lol

Congrats to those who spent those years collecting Dinosauria and have a complete line-up. They are beautiful pieces.

Thank you Choopie! I am one of those collectors who came in this game pretty late, and I managed to get every piece! You are right, these pieces are absolutely sensational. These are the best on the planet! Dear collectors,I want to tell you that because of this line I started collecting more and more expensive statues . even very expensive statues form my budget : This line has raised enormously the standard of paleo-sculptures on the entire planet!

Oh my god...are we starting to write the goodbye letter here now? :crying I really hope it's not the end. With 95% of the dinosauria old pieces I currently have, a late collector begin from 2013, I think I should be satisfied with what I own. Ten years is not a short time but not yet a long journey, no matter how this line will go, we should be glad/lucky that we were in this group.

I will keep watching this line in 2018, maybe SS plan to release a dinosaur every two years or only on special holidays instead of one piece per year. It's OK.

But I will stop collecting dinosaur statue if Gastonia is the last, only prefer Jorge Blanco's team in SS due to many reasons. I don't consider statues from other great artists.

I wouldn’t ring the death knell just yet. It’s not the first line to be sold out and nothing on pre-order only to have a new product show up later. As for SS not giving an answer if the line is dead or not, historically they rarely have. I’ve been with this line since day one. I had every thing they released in this line (since sold off the dioramas) and it would be sad to see this line end but we can’t say it hasn’t had a good run if it has.

On a selfish note I would be happy for a short hiatus. I had to leave my collection back home in Australia while I’m living in the US. The only one I have with me is Gastonia because that came out after I moved. It would be too expensive to take too many back home with me.

Last edited:
Dear friends from all over the world. I have absolutely sensational news. Sideshow Collectibles responded to my mail and told me that this line will still exist and to be focused on what will come in the near future. I was extremely happy when I found out that Gastonia was not the last one.

" In regards to our Dinosauria, I am happy to confirm that at this time, we still have plans to continue our Dinosauria line, so keep an eye on our newsletter an blog for further updates!

We look forward to hearing back so we can take care of this for you!

Best regards,
Aliesha | Sideshow Support"

Great news, but this line is so slow I don't know if I'll believe it until they put something else out.

May Dinosauria live and prosper for many years to come. Great news that Sideshow will continue this line, can’t wait to see what’s next.

Hello Divo. Do you have new information from Sideshow? If so, please develop it a little.

No I do not, as I have not been following the line lately, but am very happy to hear that it will continue. I only managed to collect 8 statues from the line so far, but my biggest regret is missing out on the Allosaurus vs Camarasaurus diorama, twice!!!

If anyone out there is willing to sell, or knows where I can purchase the Allo vs Camarasaurus dio, please let me know.

My photo of Gastonia.

orjDVsKqXu4.jpg

Full photo set coming soon.

Dear friends from all over the world. I have absolutely sensational news. Sideshow Collectibles responded to my mail and told me that this line will still exist and to be focused on what will come in the near future. I was extremely happy when I found out that Gastonia was not the last one.

" In regards to our Dinosauria, I am happy to confirm that at this time, we still have plans to continue our Dinosauria line, so keep an eye on our newsletter an blog for further updates!

We look forward to hearing back so we can take care of this for you!

Best regards,
Aliesha | Sideshow Support"

Greatest news. I've been so worried...

Greatest news. I've been so worried...
Too bad that was over 5 months ago and we haven't even been given the slightest hint of a new piece being announced any time soon. Seems like just a while ago there were multiple products going up for order a year, now there isn't even a section of it on the site.

Too bad that was over 5 months ago and we haven't even been given the slightest hint of a new piece being announced any time soon. Seems like just a while ago there were multiple products going up for order a year, now there isn't even a section of it on the site.

I still has faith in them. If you go to their shop page https://www.sideshowtoy.com/shop/, this is what you see:

QQ截图20180801102519.jpg
Considering them having so many brands but they picked Dinosauria as one of the eight to put in display window. It'd be crazy to do that for a brand that is about to be discontinued.

22.jpg

Back