Statue Sideshow - Dinosauria - Gastonia Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still has faith in them. If you go to their shop page https://www.sideshowtoy.com/shop/, this is what you see:

View attachment 421404
Considering them having so many brands but they picked Dinosauria as one of the eight to put in display window. It'd be crazy to do that for a brand that is about to be discontinued.

View attachment 421405

I'm pretty sure that's just been up there since the announcement of the Rex statue, back when the line still had a beating heart. Dinosauria being put out by Sideshow made sure it was promoted very often on their website. Probably a lot more than it ever would have been if the statues were produced by another company.

I was expecting to see something new in this SDCC, you know, with all this hype for JWFK. Mattel did that, also Chronicle and Prime1... maybe SS no longer has the license, but the Hype for dinosaurs it's higher than ever. I hope they show something, at least a tease or just a mention about this line.

I was expecting to see something new in this SDCC, you know, with all this hype for JWFK. Mattel did that, also Chronicle and Prime1... maybe SS no longer has the license, but the Hype for dinosaurs it's higher than ever. I hope they show something, at least a tease or just a mention about this line.

I don't think SS needs any license for the line, it's owned by them. They don't make 'Jurassic Park/World' dinosaurs, they make dinosaurs in general, which is why I love this line so much.

I don't think SS needs any license for the line, it's owned by them. They don't make 'Jurassic Park/World' dinosaurs, they make dinosaurs in general, which is why I love this line so much.

Agreed, one of the best parts about this line in the lack of licensing. I couldn't care less about JP, but have to suffer through the worst parts of their fanbase, ugly logos everywhere and ridiculous mark ups for any other dinosaur statue. That's if it's of a real dinosaur to begin with.

Agreed, one of the best parts about this line in the lack of licensing. I couldn't care less about JP, but have to suffer through the worst parts of their fanbase, ugly logos everywhere and ridiculous mark ups for any other dinosaur statue. That's if it's of a real dinosaur to begin with.

Yes, not to mention the JP license makes the products significantly more expensive because you end up paying a good portion to Universal. That also keeps SS free from any boundaries set by the Franchise so they can make any dinosaurs in any colors and any poses they want.
It's really sad if SS decides to discontinue dinosauria, knowing that we will probably never be getting species that are not in the movie. I know Prime 1 is good, but they don't make Ceratosaurus, Gastonia or Deinosuchus VS Parasaurolophus...

Yeah, I know, I refereed to the Jurassic Park license that they once had, just to clarify that they don't need to do JP stuff to sell dinosaurs, like P1 and c.

I would like to see the great David Krentz make at least one more contribution to this line. Maybe Sean Cooper being hired to sculpt prehistoric mammals, though he also sculpts excellent dinosaurs. Nothing against Mr. Blanco, but I feel the line needs a more diverse sculptural scope to keep things fresh.

I would like to see the great David Krentz make at least one more contribution to this line. Maybe Sean Cooper being hired to sculpt prehistoric mammals, though he also sculpts excellent dinosaurs. Nothing against Mr. Blanco, but I feel the line needs a more diverse sculptural scope to keep things fresh.

Why not all 3? lol
To be honest, I don't really care who sculpts the next one as long this line comes back to life! But yeah, if this line continue it'd be nice to have different sculptors.

Have to say that I have enjoyed this line thoroughly.
I have most of the pieces in the collection and am torn between wanting more and running out of room. I'm not big on the new line (DAG?) for the simple reason that the Dinosauria line felt like they were animals and very naturalistically posed and sculpted, for the most part.
Possibly the best line of dino pieces I've ever seen, and that includes the legendary Kaiyodo Dino Land line, simply because these came painted and the more successful pieces had their own story within the piece.

Maybe there's a chance to see new release photos in 2019 and ship in 2020......if we are lucky. It's so haaarrrrrd to wait for a new one when Sideshow tells us they still have plans. I think the next one will be a carnivore, if anyone here expect herbivorous...it may take much longer to come.

I honestly don't expect anything, despite them saying it's not outright canceled.

But hey! we got some good news from DamToys! a complete Carnotaurus maquette! 44320783_580951105658250_6919969217605271552_n.jpg

Below is the mail I got yesterday,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear ****,

Thank you for contacting Sideshow Support.

We do apologize but there is no current information on the Dinosauria line. I know that the production team talks about that line from time to time, but nothing has been decided in one direction or the other at this time. Fingers crossed there will be an announcement in the near future.

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Jeff Dean
Operations Coordinator
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been discussed almost every time but they can't make further decision at the next step. Anyone knows SS Jeff Dean?:dunno Hope his information is always correct.:pray:
FYI~guys.

Yup, pretty much what I expect. If we ever get lucky enough to have another piece it won't be for years, and by then it might not even be great quality.

When I saw the Spooktacular email newsletter tonight with the Carno, I spooked my dog really bad yelling "Oh my gosh!! New Dinosauria!!". But not quite. Close though. And yes I agree, going to wait for in-hand pics before buying another Carno statue.

But speaking of Damtoy, I have to say damtoys quetzalcoatlus looks really amazing. I am waiting for it’s release date and see what it looks like instead of prototype. Such a cool quetzalcoatlus, and very rare. Wait for in hand pics too.

AA26060A-9D01-4CAA-BB8E-54A7B9AB53F5.jpeg

18ED0E03-EFB7-42B8-82E1-3210266F0647.jpeg

0FC74979-51FA-4EFC-8E9C-121253B5861C.jpg

The paint on that Rex bust looks pretty good, as does the in person image of the Quetz. Unfortunately I still will need my Quetz in hand before I consider buying the Carnotaurus. I really hope this line takes off with really great quality.

Back