Statue Sideshow - Dinosauria - Gastonia Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Red version of Quetz is in the 'Join wait list' now...they don't even show the number of edition. It seems like we can't wait till the in hand pics to make decision, you must pre-order otherwise you may not be able to get it. :dunno

So I just ordered the yellow version before it's out of stock. :rotfl

I am thinking about the Allosaurus bust, both male and female version look pretty. Hope they do full body too based on the bust design.

I'm just hoping they go more into full statues since they killed off Dinosauria. Busts are lame in my opinion.

I like the busts, for the price they are nice large solid pieces, i agree i want to see more full statues too but i don't mind them doing the busts in-between.

I'm guessing Spinosaurus will be their next full size as that was teased last. So far we have Carnotaurus, Smilodon and Quetzalcoatlus as full sizes.

There are a couple of other full size pieces i've seen on convention videos but haven't seen more officially...

vNhocGW.png

44882442_1448245431975065_1430433764101586944_n.jpg

I think they could do both bust and full statues to provide more choices for fans. And hoping Damtoys' Museum Series can be the reborn of the dying Dinosauria line since Sideshow lost their spirit of the original concept.

Someone got information from Jorge Blanco himself that he no longer work with Sideshow, and basically this line is almost dead. And...in fact, Gastonia is not the last piece, there’s STILL ONE MORE, BUT Sideshow currently decides NOT to produce it for unknown reason. It’s a bit foolish to wait them for so long, right? Hahaha

Someone got information from Jorge Blanco himself that he no longer work with Sideshow, and basically this line is almost dead. And...in fact, Gastonia is not the last piece, there’s STILL ONE MORE, BUT Sideshow currently decides NOT to produce it for unknown reason. It’s a bit foolish to wait them for so long, right? Hahaha

And wich species is it?

This line has been dead for almost 2 and a half years now. I wonder how bad the sales got later in 2015/2016 since there were quite a few pieces just sitting in stock for a while. But Damtoys is not a replacement. Their paint quality is even worse than what we were getting with stuff like the Styracosaur and carnotaurus repaint. And on top of that the sculpts don't seem to be at the same level too, so even repainting the piece won't bring it to the same level as a touched up Dinosauria piece.

Well my guess is that they released too many limited number of Triceratops and Trex then, oversupply. Also the paint job of Triceratops and all the repaints are too much different from prototype. On the contrary, Ceratosaurus and Gastonia became much better and were sold out in 1 year or more I guessed...not a long duration in stock.

Another reason is—-Jurrasic Series can bring more fans and profit...all Sideshow has to do is to become a distributor of some companies such as IS, Damtoys, Chronicle Collectible, Prime1Studio, etc. That means SS doesn’t need to make dinosaurs themselves anymore...

These are just my personal opinions. And I also agree that Damtoys can NOT replace SSDC so far, not even close, the only one I expect is Quetzalcoatlus. Sorry to say that.

Anyway, I will keep being with this line even no one cares about it anymore.

Back