Statue Sideshow - Dinosauria - Gastonia Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the same notification as well. I've got space left on my dino shelf for one more piece and this is it.

Last edited:
I started buying Resin Kits in the likely event that Dinosauria is done for. There's enough good ones there to double my collection of statues if they're really cast as well as the pics.

This line has slowed down so much that Gastonia really seems like it is the last one. Extremely unfortunate but pretty ridiculous.

Everytime I think that a certain piece will be the final one for the line, SSC keeps surprising us with a new one although the cycle of new pieces being announced has slowed way down as others have already mentioned.

Even if this isn't the last statue from the line, based on the steep price increase of newer Dinosauria pieces and the competetion with Chronicles Collectibles JP line (which is doing really well), I don't this line will last more than 10 years since its inception.

Although there are countless dinosaur (+ prehistoric animals) fans around the globe and probably a majority of them purchase dinosaur collectibles at a regular basis, no matter how appealing the SSC dinosauria statues are, it is pretty obvious that these pieces are out of the price range for most dinosaur collectors, and are geared towards statue collectors.

But the Chronicle Collectibles Rex was more expensive than the average Dinosauria statue. And way ****tier. I'll never buy another CC statue again after I got such an awfully painted piece from them. That won't stop the Dinosauria line from dying but I sure as hell won't support that company again, especially after looking into what happened with their Terminator bust.

Hopefully another like comes along and gives them more competition.

Looks amazing. Can't wait to have mine in hand. If we're lucky enough to get anything else out of the line I hope they announce it soon.

This came faster than I expected. I received the statue this afternoon. This guy is heavy. The painting is good, I think they reduce the limited number to 200 and increase the quality.

If you are interested in SS Dinosauria, and if you have plenty space and budget, I suggest you grab one!!(only 200 available) It's pretty. Can be my top 5~7 of all the SS dinosauria. Some photos share with you guys below.

I think it's not easy to find a statue of Gastonia in the market, glad Sideshow did it. Love those cool sharp spines, and I really hope there's a story behind like SS used to make.

PS: I didn't put the removable spine on the right way so it seems not fit in the picture, but actually it fits.

Gastonia_1.jpg
Gastonia_3.jpg
Gastonia_4.jpg
Gastonia_5.jpg
Gastonia_6.jpg
Gastonia_7.jpg
Gastonia_8.jpg
Gastonia_10.jpg
Gastonia_13.jpg
Gastonia_14.jpg

Due to stringent and inefficient custom clearance procedures of our country, my statue is stuck at the customs office until early September... :( (I was actually incredibly surprised that a couple of my friends already received their statues).

Therefore, I really appreciate folks sharing pics of their statue :D

The receive date can be various depends on different area/country...it happens every time they ship. But early Sep. is a bit too long for me. I used to have a long wait too.
Based on Sideshow's convention (one herbivore, one carnivore), if this is not the last piece, I think the next one will probably be a carnivore again. Lets hope and pray.

Let me do 2 more dioramas, I think below two close relatives should one day take a picture together. :rotfl
Gastonia01.jpg

The Tupuxara is like saying 'Kid, get down here!!!'
Gastonia02.jpg

The piece is not as large as I was expecting but that's a good thing as my display case is starting to run low on room.

Got mine yesterday, but had no time to take photos worth taking. But indeed no photos are needed, just look at the sideshow photos, this is exactly what you get!

Great that the pieces are going up with quality again. I would say qualtiy wise the Gastonia is on par with the original Rex (Krentz) and Styracosaurus!

The Styracasourus had a horrific paint job though. Mine looks like I got it from Walmart.

Back