Statue Sideshow - Dinosauria - Gastonia Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still waiting for the regular edition....

Even if SSC keeps this line going, it seems that they will be releasing a new statue every 2 years or more from now on.

I do think that there might be a batch of new repainted releases when the new JW movies comes out.

Pre-ordered. Due to limited space and budget, I don't allowed to have many choices, only collect Sideshow's. It seems like 2017 will be a hard year for me because I won't be able to receive any new dinosaur from Sideshow until the very end of 2017...:dunno
Hope they can at least release another new dinosaur in middle 2017.

Amargasaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Olorotitan, Iguanodon, Corythosaurus, Pterodactyl, Deinonychus, Oviraptor, Plesiosauria, Brachiosaurus, Gigantoraptor, Giganotosaurus, Ouranosaurus, and Ornithomimus.

Hadrosaur is one of the kind that I'm always waiting for, I haven't collected any kind of their statue. That's a very big and important group among all dinosaurs. Truly deserve a statue. Olorotitan is pretty.

Olorotitan.jpg

parasaurolophus-beside-saurolophus-a-late-cretaceous-herbivore-with-BB4BAG.jpg

Pre-ordered!! I honestly didn't think it'd happen this year. :)

And put me down for a hadrosaur too!

That's a fantastic one, indeed. Great work of Foulkes. Also like the way they paint, very hadrosaur.

Hello dear friends. I am very happy for preorder GastoniaEX, but I am I am very disappointed by this long period of waiting for a dinosaur If we talk about Hadrosaurs this kit, definitely worth every penny. I chose Shane to assemble it and to paint the statue, as he thought it better, and certainly not wrong. I took a few pictures of what I got from him. I hope you enjoy it .

That's some amazing paint and a great sculpt. How much did it cost to get done?

Glad you like the statue guys. I paid about $ 550 complete with transport to Europe. It worth the financial effort because it is another thing when we talk about professional painting. Shane is still one of the most talented one of the paleo-artists from the U.S. This scheme of painting is absolutely insane . It is above 10 classes more than any offered by Sideshow painters from factory in China. Now we are not talking about Anthony or Steve from SC who paints prototypes. I spoke with Steve and told me that unfortunately painting technique from China and paints are not very close to the prototype. Because of this we get the statue after a year or two, and we receive a very poor painting technique

That looks incredible tupuxuara. I didn't know you could get Shane Foulkes to actually paint them for you. How long of a wait was that? Probably insignificant next to the wait for gastonia :D

Just noticed that the SS Gastonia piece is not scheduled to come out for another year.

Little off topic message but this is the most recent Dinosauria topic.

For all Dinosauria Collectors especialy Bob and Dinokiwi!
Don't buy this one on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/162321699326

It's a fake recast, not the original.

Regards

Wow, thanks for the info, and including me. But how do you know it's a recast?
other than that it's very expensive even if it's original.

Back