Statue Sideshow - Dinosauria - Gastonia Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never could figure our ss release schedule, took pen to paper for years and its just about random. My guess is Comic Con took precedence with more recognizable name brands.

Pachy VS Raptors? I don't recall that art.

Dimetrodon isn't a dinosaur, not even close really.

Rebor is quicker but they are a pain personally to deal with and their product is nowhere as good as Sideshow's.

Curious why you find Rebor a pain to deal with? Is it just the limited distribution outlets? Or something else?

@Blade of the Moon quotes

Dimetrodon isn't a dinosaur, not even close really. >> I Know it's no do dino, but you know that you also would buy one ;)

Pachy VS Raptors? I don't recall that art >>>> Scan taken from the Sideshow Collectibles Book Volume Eleven.

Pachy dio.jpg

Last edited:
I hope so. I don't know why the announcement is taking so long since they can always push back the preorder or release dates. I just wanna see it

I saw their video 2 months ago, the man in the video mentioned that more photos of Gastonia will be released 'around Fall', I wasn't sure if it's correct.
The video is about all the current available Sideshow dinosaurs including Ceratosaurus...I think some people have seen this video before.

And I think 'Fall' means from September and no later than October end......
Maybe there're too many statues waiting for pre-order, and Gastonia is just one among them but not the first priority, so......I guess that's why we are still waiting for.

It was an off hand mention during one of the Sideshow Lives on YouTube. I don't recall exactly which one though. Was it "Sideshow Live Flametrooper Unboxing"???

Here is their channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SideshowCollecting/videos

Here's the link I saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUnZ4fIFiJo

It was in the part of this 'Sideshow Live Joker Unboxing' video. Don't get me wrong, they only mentioned Gastonia, they didn't show its statue for preview in video.

Ow i missed out this video.
Skipped DC and Marvel stuff everytime (no offense).

The guy has no passion for Dino, he just wanted to quickly finish all the introduction and go back to his DC/Marvel lair. I can figure it out :pfft:
I need Jorge to introduce for us.

Anyone else starting to get nervous that there is something up with this release?

Anyone else starting to get nervous that there is something up with this release?

No not only with this one, but with the complete Dinosauria line.
Those Sideshow guys are only paying attention on Marvel, Star Wars, DC etc...
They should do more releases in a year like in the beginning...
I have the complete line including the special Parasaurolophus Heard statue, my glass cabinets are full, but I'm missing so many cool dino's that they should do like the Pachycephalosaurus vs Raptors (from the concept art) like mentioned by me in another post.

Hello Raveleijn. In the same situation I am too , and like you and me ...... I'm sure there are other true collectors from this series that are extremely disappointed that Sideshow has somehow lost interest for this line:mad:, or if not, surely there are issue in long-term strategy for this line. It is ridiculous to show a glimpse of a picture in May with Gastonia and do not show whole picture even in September???:((( ..... Many times, I feel like SC treats fans of this line with disregard, and fans of Marvel , dC, Court of the dead are spoiled non-stop. Sideshow Dinosauria at SDCC has not had a table full of dinosaurs since 2009. In lack of inspiration, they decided to commit in a bad way with the line "repainted",,,,:banghead:banghead:Flush

Although this is obviously due to a business standpoint, I too am dissapointed how this line and its fans are being treated by SSC. But I am still hopeful that Gastonia will be fully revealed soon, and since a lot of "repaints" have been released, I still sincerely hope that the Euoplocephalus egg maquette will be re-released.

I still sincerely hope that the Euoplocephalus egg maquette will be re-released.

Yes I hope also for you, but on the other hand I hope they don't.
The whole repaint line was more boost in the market for them due to the release of Jurassic World.
But as a collector I am proud to have al the statues and as a big adrenaline rush to "Gonna catch them all".
Now with those repaints, the exclusivity is not so cool anymore because everybody has those 2nd editions for sale or in their collection.

Euoplocephalus egg won't be a bad idea, but I don't hope Sideshow spend too much time repainting the PAST (just let it go), I hope they can put more effort on new dinosaurs.

Well, I think Dinosauria line never ever be popular, and it doesn't have to, I don't care 'popular', it's always a small group. I think SS has their schedule, we can't do anything. Lets just wait, I think we always wait longer than other line in the past 5 years. Like Dyscrasia said it's all about business stand point. So don't be too disappointed. I think it will release before early October. :)
It seems that Ceratosaurus will be the only one dino that we can receive in 2016. Maybe they decide to make 1~2 dinos per year.

The following is the rough history list of past dinosaurs with their corresponding 'ship year', the year that they shipped, the year that we got. So average only 1~2 NEW dinosaur we can unbox each year since 2011:(:

2009: T-Rex-VS-Triceratops→Carnotaurus→Tyrannosaurus-Rex→Styracosaurus, and Brachiosaurus Hatchling
2010: Deinosuchus-VS-Parasaurolophus→Allosaurus VS Camarasaurus→Protoceratops-VS-Velociraptor→Spinosaurus
2011: Tupuxuara-Pterodactyl→Apatosaurus
2012: Stegosaurus
2013: Euoplocephalus in Egg→Dilophosaurus
2014: Mosasaur
2015: Tyrant King→Tripceratops
2016: Ceratosaurus
2017: Gastonia→???

(I don't include the repaint, bronze version and other dinosaur statues that are NOT belong to 'Sideshow Dinosauria')

Dinosauria_Logo_FramedBrass-740x237.jpg

It may not be fully correct, just for reference.

I don't care about the repaints myself, but in case of the Euoplocephalus egg maquette, due to how it was announced and released, a lot of Dinosauria fans never got a chance to get it (or at least at a reasonable price).

Back