Sideshow Diablo III Overthrown Polystone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow has Diablo III License

Diablo12.jpg

Diablo14.jpg

Diablo15.jpg

Diablo16.jpg

Nice pics, mate.

OMG, i'm sooo glad i kept my ord..oh wait...FU BAGELS! :lol

Hmm, I put in a wait list res for the EX yesterday and it converted today :lol

I'm still not 100% sure as I don't do this line or anything similar but it's a nice piece.

I can always flip it if I don't like it. I'm sure with that ES of 400 it will be easy enough to get shot of without taking a hit.

In hand I will know more but those pics do look very nice!

Hopefully I'll love it as a standalone which will be great :banana

omg!!!we had many years to see such a statue!!!congrtas to those we bought one!:rock:rock:rock

#281 just arrived in perfect condition. What an awesome piece! I had no idea who this character was when I pre-ordered on August 1st of last year but, when I opened the box and inspected the statue, I have to say it is one of the best I have ever seen. The detail is unbelievable in person and is more than worth every penny and the wait. Anyone who has this piece, or the regular for that matter, will be appreciating it for a long time.

Ryan

#281 just arrived in perfect condition. What an awesome piece! I had no idea who this character was when I pre-ordered on August 1st of last year but, when I opened the box and inspected the statue, I have to say it is one of the best I have ever seen. The detail is unbelievable in person and is more than worth every penny and the wait. Anyone who has this piece, or the regular for that matter, will be appreciating it for a long time.

Ryan

I still don't know who this character is, just know that this is a great sculpt!

Move over Berserker PF there is a new KING in town.

I must say that this is one of the most amazing pieces I have ever had the pleasure of owning. When we first saw this over a year ago we knew the detail was there, but how much is a different story. The attention to every single detail is phenomenal, from the barbarian's strands of hair to his weapons having intricate symbols. I definitely prefer the regular head over the exclusive for it makes the piece just that little more dynamic.

This is a HEAVY piece, base especially. And on the note of the base, I see others have a nitpick of the paintjob and I agree to an extent that it is a little grey, but mine has a slight red tinge to it that the pictures don't pick up that make it look like Diablo has just been extinguished.

On the matter of paint, this has to be hands down the best paintjob I have seen yet. The skin tones are spot on, the eyes are fantastic and overall everything has the most realistic feel to it.

Bravo Pablo V, Sideshow, the factory painters for creating one of the most stunning and remarkable pieces that has been a long time coming. :clap:clap:clap (And yes I am biased b/c the Diablo series is my all time favorite game:D)

If you haven't picked this piece up DO IT NOW!!!

And now for some pictures :rock

IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

Edit: I was texting below response while isildur was posting pics and I hadn't scene his post until later. Looks like we are mostly in agreement. :lol
~~~~~~~~~~

From my iPhone....

Okay, couldn't wait till this weekend. This guy is Bad Ass. I don't know the character either, but when I saw at sdcc I liked it a lot so got it anyway. The piece is heavy, something like 27 lbs. The base is at least half of the weight. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting this on a quarter inch glass shelf. The base has a detachable piece for diablo's broken off left horn secured by a magnet. I wish the diablo's skull had a little more color variation/detail, it is a little flat as someone mentioned already, but that's my only complaint.

The barbarian is awesome. So much detail. Both hands are removable and I think they had light/medium strength magnets to secure them. The paint work/ detail on axe handle to make it look wooden is very good. The silver paint with the bloodsplatter looks frickin really good. No slop, good fading and transparency, looks like this guy just killed a demon. The swords on his back are also a separate piece, the strap is flexible and I moved it so you could see the tatoos, which are sculpted and inset on his skin. I do wish the muscle tone had a little more shadowing but that's just a nit pick. His tunic or kelt looks fragile, so his body should be handled catefully when removing him and placing him on table. Ther is so much other detail on his weaponry and shields and clothing that I'm not covering.

I like the unhelmeted head the best and it's how he is displayed now. The helmet head is also good, but the eyes do stand out in the helm and much more detail in the head without the helm

I know term is thrown around loosely, but this may become a Grail. So much detail, like "Doom" has detail. Maybe not because not as popular of a character, but this may be my third favorite statue after doom and IM CMQ.

Last edited:

Edit: I was texting below response while isildur was posting pics and I hadn't scene his post until later. Looks like we are mostly in agreement. :lol
~~~~~~~~~~

From my iPhone....

Okay, couldn't wait till this weekend. This guy is Bad Ass. I don't know the character either, but when I saw at sdcc I liked it a lot so got it anyway. The piece is heavy, something like 27 lbs. The base is at least half of the weight. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting this on a quarter inch glass shelf. The base has a detachable piece for diablo's broken off left horn secured by a magnet. I wish the diablo's skull had a little more color variation/detail, it is a little flat as someone mentioned already, but that's my only complaint.

The barbarian is awesome. So much detail. Both hands are removable and I think they had light/medium strength magnets to secure them. The paint work/ detail on axe handle to make it look wooden is very good. The silver paint with the bloodsplatter looks frickin really good. No slop, good fading and transparency, looks like this guy just killed a demon. The swords on his back are also a separate piece, the strap is flexible and I moved it so you could see the ratios, which are sculpted and inset on his skin. I do wish the muscle tone had a little more shadowing but that's just a nit pick. His tunic or kelt looks fragile, so his body should be handled catefully when removing him and placing him on table. Ther is so much other detail on his weaponry and shields and clothing that I'm not covering.

I like the unhelmeted head the best and it's how he is displayed now. The helmet head is also good, but the eyes do stand out in the helm and much more detail in the head without the helm

I know term is thrown around loosely, but this may become a Grail. So much detail, like "Doom" has detail. Maybe not because not as popular of a character, but this may be my third favorite statue after doom and IM CMQ.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Listen to this Man

Yeah. This is a grail for me. Diablo 2 was great and I bet Diablo 3 will be better.

DSC08832Custom.jpg

DSC08838Custom.jpg

DSC08844Custom.jpg

DSC08845Custom.jpg

DSC08848Custom.jpg

DSC08852Custom.jpg

DSC08855Custom.jpg

DSC08860Custom.jpg

DSC08864Custom.jpg

Back