Sideshow Diablo III Overthrown Polystone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow has Diablo III License

legato,nice pics...but this cannot pass doom in popularity...it's very difficult task for a statue to pass doom in popularity..this dio is awesome but doom...oh doom...

Ya know Grail is a word that has been bandied around all through this thread. All those that have it or have it on order seem to be screaming "it's gonna be a Grail"

Wishful thinking guys?

All you guys that say Grail, tell me why please?

Not being an arse here, just wondering what your reasons are.

Incidentally, did people shout Grail when Doom was released? Was he hotly tipped to be grail status on release?

I wasn't around then hence the questions.

Legato, your pics are awesome:banana

Well the reasons that this "might" surpass doom in popularity IMO are the following....

Very detailed like doom's throne.
No real clothing which can cover some of the detail on the sculpt.
This is huge and heavy though not as big as doom.
Has a lot of accessories like two axes and 3 swords.
Diablo is pretty popular also.
Low edition number 1500 for dr. doom vs 1150 for diablo overthrown.

But I think time will tell and as statue collectors we all want our collections to be "grails" . :lol

Last edited:

Indeed we do mate (want them to be grails) :joy

I do already have the EX on the way from SS or will have when they decide to send it.

I like it, it's not my line but peoples pics really blew me away. I'm sure I'll fit it in somewhere.

I think the EX edition size is 400, no? I suppuse one piece doesn't necessarily need to surpass another in popularity in order to be "Grail" does it? Being from very different genres, they could both be Grail, I suppose, fetching high prices as owners would be loathe to part with them. I know I have a Grail piece or two in my collection, but the Barb just jumped to the top of the hold list for me. I suppose it comes down to preference in the end.

Last edited:

I don't let the potential grail status influence my purchase decision. It's all gravy if it grows in value over time. It's not a grail 'til you sell it.

I've received mine the other day but haven't had time to open it yet.

I'm still bummed about not getting the Doom dio when it was announced because it's a great piece. The value thing just makes it worse.

Cpt

I'm still bummed about not getting the Doom dio when it was announced because it's a great piece. The value thing just makes it worse.

Cpt

Now that by definition is a true grail.:D

Why is everyone comparing this to Doom.... lol thats like comparing apples to oranges...

Why is everyone comparing this to Doom.... lol thats like comparing apples to oranges...

I did not know that it was a crime to compare Dr. Doom to the diablo 3. Dr. Doom has set the bar high ( I know some might not agree with this) so any comparison made to it means a statue like the barb translated really well in 3D form. I guess in the end, when it comes to collecting we can all say to each their own or whatever floats your boat.

This statue is PHENOMENAL! That is all.

D3-1.jpg

D3-2.jpg

D3-3.jpg

D3-4.jpg

D3-5.jpg

I just got mine today. This is easily the most detailed piece I own. It looks nasty in person and is huge. The base weighs a ton, and the production paint is fantastic on this. I was so close to letting this one go. I am glad I made the choice to keep it.

The only bad thing, well for me, with limited space it is hard to find a place to display him because of the huge footprint of the base. I might just put him where my TV is, as he might be more fun to watch for awhile. :wacky

This one gets a 10/10 from me. Total Homerun from Sideshow.

I dunno. I'm aware of the screencaps . . .but then I suppose the more iconic pose is the bald barbarian from D2, especially when you're using him as a character. Case in point, when Blizzard consigned SS to make the Starcraft II Terran Marine statue, his pose was iconic, and so, that drove the piece into grail status. I liken this to how Weta came out withvarious character statues from the Hellgate game.

As awesome as this Barbarian pose is, the look doesn't do anything for me, because I'm not used to seeing this version of the barbarian from my game-playing. Of course, I will regret it if the new Barbarian from D3 looks like this . . . but from the screenshots on blizzards website there is that slight similarity. Maybe it will grow on me, and I eventually need to pick it up down the line.

I dunno. I'm aware of the screencaps . . .but then I suppose the more iconic pose is the bald barbarian from D2, especially when you're using him as a character. Case in point, when Blizzard consigned SS to make the Starcraft II Terran Marine statue, his pose was iconic, and so, that drove the piece into grail status. I liken this to how Weta came out withvarious character statues from the Hellgate game.

As awesome as this Barbarian pose is, the look doesn't do anything for me, because I'm not used to seeing this version of the barbarian from my game-playing. Of course, I will regret it if the new Barbarian from D3 looks like this . . . but from the screenshots on blizzards website there is that slight similarity. Maybe it will grow on me, and I eventually need to pick it up down the line.

I think it will be pretty Iconic. It is from his skill Warcry.

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

This statue is exceptional....pics can't convey how great it looks in-hand.

qp42tg.jpg

24612d0.jpg

2wfjofp.jpg

24vjfd5.jpg

15mfxj9.jpg

nfrw4j.jpg

2u4q1ll.jpg

x3dbhf.jpg

2mi2rsn.jpg

These are all badass but I would rather play the game first...2011 cannot come soon enough.

Where did you hear that the game's to be released in 2011? At this rate, there's new technology coming out like the new 3D gaming, and Windows 7's multitouch monitor capability . . .

I seriously wonder whether Starcraft 2 or D3 will come out first.

Where did you hear that the game's to be released in 2011? At this rate, there's new technology coming out like the new 3D gaming, and Windows 7's multitouch monitor capability . . .

I seriously wonder whether Starcraft 2 or D3 will come out first.

Thought this was common knowledge. I believe it was stated at Blizzcon.

Here is another reference, take it for what it is worth but I don't think it will be a long time before this game comes out.

https://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=227246

Also did they not just announce they are completely revamping the skill tree.

You guys take far better pictures than I but here is #158 that came in this morning.

P1020830.jpg

P1020831.jpg

I was quite impressed when I opened this box:chew:banana

Back