Sideshow dealers in the UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwaboi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I noticed the featured Sideshow dealer link was pretty much dead (this one: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?49997-Looking-for-a-Sideshow-dealer-in-your-neighborhood) so yea. I'm a newb at this Sideshow collecting hobby (I've collected other figures from other lines, but that's another story) and I'll be moving to Manchester, UK in September. Would be great if anyone could recommend a Sideshow dealer in that area, or nearby wherever. I don't suppose it'd make much economical sense to get statues direct from Sideshow since well, they're located in the States and shipping would cost an arm and leg. Would appreciate any advice at all, like I said, Sideshow newb in the house.

Hi I'm just about to start collecting myself and having same problems

Hey thanks for the links. Sideshow still seems to offer more competitive prices for most of them though, that being said, I'm not sure how VAT is calculated either, so I may be wrong.

You have to pay Customs Duty and Import VAT if you order direct from Sideshow as they are outside the EU. Some people on here still order direct so I'm sure someone else can give you a more accurate cost but I believe it works out roughly the same or even more expensive as the prices over here once you add that on.

I think it's only worth ordering direct if you want the exclusives or earlier delivery.

If you buy direct from Sideshow your looking at around £35 on top of the price thanks to UK customs.

I don't have a website but i have had a shop for over 15 years and i have been a Sideshow Seller since the early days. I only buy direct from the official UK Sideshow Distributor too. I am in the dealers section you can also find me on facebook Comics N Toys

Welcome to the boards mate.

It really depends on a few things but what ditch said basically.
Direct from sideshow normally works out between £10 - £35 difference than local retailer, so ONLY go with SS for exclusives that you must have.
For resale value, it's often a better choice to go direct from SS as exclusives always go for more in the secondary market if you need to sell some older pieces to buy newer (maybe something to consider - pay now, collect later). And you get reward points.

However, for local UK sellers I go with collectiblesdirect.co.uk as they do the same payment scheme and offer rewards points.
There is also forbidden-planet.co.uk, forbiddenplanet.com, Zaavi.co.uk, directcollectables.co.uk to name but a few.

It really depends on a few things but what ditch said basically.
Direct from sideshow normally works out between £10 - £35 difference than local retailer, so ONLY go with SS for exclusives that you must have.
For resale value, it's often a better choice to go direct from SS as exclusives always go for more in the secondary market if you need to sell some older pieces to buy newer (maybe something to consider - pay now, collect later). And you get reward points.

However, for local UK sellers I go with collectiblesdirect.co.uk as they do the same payment scheme and offer rewards points.
There is also forbidden-planet.co.uk, forbiddenplanet.com, Zaavi.co.uk, directcollectables.co.uk to name but a few.

Ah alright, thanks for the advice. I suppose to locals it doesn't make a difference, but the pound is rising, and being a user of neither at the moment, there're some tough decisions to make. Pound sterling's on the rise after all. I'd prefer to settle down in UK before deciding on my next step, but pre-orders and limited exclusives can be quite unforgiving :p

How much would VAT and import tax set me back if I ordered from SS instead of the local UK retailers? Is there a percentage for it (I'm sure there is... right)?

Ah yes apologies, I should've just looked that up. And how much handling fee are we talking about here?

Also, I can't seem to get an estimate on the shipping from SS to UK (the postal code thing just isn't working for me), how much does the shipping usually cost on a PF or Star Wars Mythos? Cos those are the ones I'm most interested in.

Sideshow use fedex. The fee is £10.50 on top of the 20%. Shipping depends on the statue.

Wow that's alot of misc fees to consider. Local shop would actually be less costly, as many members here have mentioned. But no sideshow exclusive, damn :(

I just got my first Sideshow in last week. I wasn't expecting the huge box, and so probably wouldn't be able to bring it with me to UK, but wow I'm impressed. Like really really awestruck by this figure. Blew me away, and I hope I don't get hooked cos my wallet wouldn't be able to handle it.

14641600965_322345a606_b.jpg

Congrats!

You also have to consider shipping costs if the item is damaged/faulty.

As people as said, unless you really can't wait for the uk suppliers to receive their stock simply have to have the exclusive. Then it's better to order from a UK supplier and keep the businesses alive!

Back