Sideshow DC Animated Series Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will probably end up being heavily discounted. Best way to show them how overpriced it is, don't pre-order.

This will probably end up being heavily discounted. Best way to show them how overpriced it is, don't pre-order.

I agree. Even though I love the SS Star Wars McQuarrie 1/5 line, 2 of the 3 (Stormtrooper and Boba) both went down to $375 and had free shipping in the end. I think for Wonder Woman I can wait for that price.

I'll still get it, because I love 1/5 scale and I think this is an awesome WW, but not pre-order worthy.

Isn't this 1/6 scale?? $425 is ridiculous. No way it will keep that value on the aftermarket. This shouldn't be any more than $250.

I’m with you. These honestly don’t look any better than the cheap piggy banks they made for the animated series that I picked up at a garage sale for $5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is sad that they won't sell a lot due to the price then the line will get binned

Yeah, definitely agree. That's the thing I hate most about the price. They just cut out a huge chunk of potential buyers. At $300-$350, there would have been so many more people in on the whole line to the point where could have conceivably had the whole 8 JLU and the main BTAS Villains. Now, we'll get the 5 they've shown and maaaaaybe 1-2 more (if that).

I love Bruce Timm's art but its made for 2D animation. When you translate that to a 3D sculpt it lacks a lot of detail. This price is a joke, like everything else about this company.

Yup, charging nearly half as much as a Prime 1 statue despite being two scales smaller and 90% less detail is a joke. I'd love something to represent the animated Conroy Batman and Hamill Joker but it won't be these statues at this price sadly.

I’m with you. These honestly don’t look any better than the cheap piggy banks they made for the animated series that I picked up at a garage sale for $5

I made a similar point in a previous post. A PVC version of this same statue (maybe a little smaller but close) can probably be had for a fraction of this statue/price. And it probably won't look any different due to the nature of the animated character look. Pass.

Problem is. They are not the same size. The DC Animated statues are bigger and that's a fact. Now if you think they are priced fairly is up to the individual.

Check your facts. This animated Batman is 16" tall. The Tweeterhead Batman is 18" tall has far more detail and costs $274.99. There is no one that can rationally think that the animated Batman is fairly priced.

I made a similar point in a previous post. A PVC version of this same statue (maybe a little smaller but close) can probably be had for a fraction of this statue/price. And it probably won't look any different due to the nature of the animated character look. Pass.

I would imagine so. I would actually really love a cheaper, PVC run of the animated series. I have the Dark Knight Returns statue from DC collectibles and it’s one of my favorite pieces and it cost literally less than 20% of what they’re asking for this guy. If DC collectibles was able to maintain that price point it’d be possible to get, say, a Batman, robin, Joker, two face, and catwoman PVC for LESS THAN THIS!

Check your facts. This animated Batman is 16" tall. The Tweeterhead Batman is 18" tall has far more detail and costs $274.99. There is no one that can rationally think that the animated Batman is fairly priced.

They are not the same scale. I have seen both in person. And while the Tweeterhead version according to posted measurements may be taller because of the pose it is not a larger statue. Height is but 1 unit of measurement. The sideshow piece is 16" H x 14" W x 16 "D . The only official number from Tweeterhead i can find is 19' tall. generously i would say the width/depth measurements are 10" x 10 ". Not the same size. And being that only people that work at Sideshow or DC has any credible knowledge as to what went on as far as pricing. I think its perfectly rational that someone may see this as priced accordingly.

I wish this was BTAS seasons 1-3. Was never a fan when they changed the look.

Likewise! That's the version of Batman most of us wanted I think.

Hopefully they go with the first version of the Joker but unless reduced or in a sale I won't be buying them anyway.

They are not the same scale. I have seen both in person. And while the Tweeterhead version according to posted measurements may be taller because of the pose it is not a larger statue. Height is but 1 unit of measurement. The sideshow piece is 16" H x 14" W x 16 "D . The only official number from Tweeterhead i can find is 19' tall. generously i would say the width/depth measurements are 10" x 10 ". Not the same size. And being that only people that work at Sideshow or DC has any credible knowledge as to what went on as far as pricing. I think its perfectly rational that someone may see this as priced accordingly.

Uh, ok, whatever you say. They are pretty much the same scale, but regardless, you seem to be missing the point of the comparison. Not even really sure what this "credible knowledge" has to do with everyone (except you apparently) thinking this is overpriced.

Uh, ok, whatever you say. They are pretty much the same scale, but regardless, you seem to be missing the point of the comparison. Not even really sure what this "credible knowledge" has to do with everyone (except you apparently) thinking this is overpriced.

No , No they are not the same scale. I'm not asking anyone to think they are a good value that's all up to the individual collector. I'm not missing the point of the comparison I just think its not apples for apples. Also "credible knowledge" means just that. I surely don't know the costs of what it took to bring this to market but people on both forums sure act like they do.

Bottom line, SS have clearly in their recent pricing models across the board (and selection of characters) alienated many of their core fans. I like this animated WW, I will get her in time. But the complaints on here are the same on all the threads pertaining to their price increases is all.

Unfortunate, but true. These price hikes are getting harder and harder to swallow. Its even getting harder to believe their justification.

Back