Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grown men (?)
hmjpi0a.gif

Last year people were saying HT's wouldn't release a Vader so close to SS's. A year later we have a HT Vader and a re-release SS Vader, no doubt with another HT ESB/ROTJ Vader to be announced in the new year with HT's 1/4 Vader to follow. :lol

I didn't get the HT ANH Vader which is A LOT better than this ones, so no way I'll be buying SSC Vader. I'll wait for HT to make a ROTJ reveal Vader with better gloves.

I have the Deluxe SS one but I'm also waiting for the super duper diecast Hot Toys ROTJ Vader for $450.

Does that mean the previous one is rarer now? I'm trying to get rid of it to make some funds for the HT one.

Thought the base is pretty sweet.

Also, there's no exclusive ver for this release?

Indeed.

As for the rare question. I think far more of the deluxe was sold than this version will sell.

From the description it sounds like they updated the body suit?

"Finely tailored costume featuring a two-piece fabric body suit, quilted vest, pants, undershirt, inner robe and cape"

I did notice that, Razz. The original was a one-piece, wasn’t it?

And shouldn’t it be considered an ESB Vader and the other one officially now be the ROTJ since it had the severed hand and Anakin sculpt?

This does stink of desperation on Sideshow’s part. So far, the re-releases have been of their “last wave” of figures (except for Maul but he’s pretty much a re-do), so I suppose they’re taking advantage of still having all the moulds.

If they’re gonna do re-releases, they really should re-release things like the snowtrooper which sold well and seems to be sought after still, and the Tusken Raider. They should have avoided specifically Vader and Fett since HT is currently doing them! People will pick HT’s quality over having the figure from the right movie.

I also don’t think Sideshow should give up yet. Go for those last couple of bounty hunters. Do more cantina aliens. Do more officers and droids. If they can keep the price right around $200, I think they will sell.

Back