Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would make no sense for them, they still need to entice buyers and crafting techniques get better over time so improvements will be made. Making an inferior, barebones product is not realistic for a company looking to actually SELL their current item.

The way they can entice buyers is to let all the current versions sell out and wait a year before releasing a new version.

Sorry I'm just venting :D

Not interested in them at all. I think this reissue stunt is a load of crap. I bought the original figures thinking they were limited. I guess in a way they are, but I think SSC should not only offer less in the box (as they already are) they shouldn't rework or upgrading parts. In vader's case they should actually offer an upgrade pack with the new items that we can add to the original release.

As much as I love this idea, (which is essentially what I'm going to do with my Sideshow Vader)it'll never happen. They would still have to offer the full figure for those who don't own a Vader. Then they'd end up selling way more upgrade packs than full figures, resulting in boxes upon boxes sitting in their warehouse collecting dust.

Man, im surprised Sideshow just doesnt come right out and say "we are hurting, please buy our stuff"

very sad and pathetic state of affairs

It's just an odd decision on their part. They really think it's worth the production cost to produce the same subpar figure that when first released, was pretty great. But now that the Hot Toys Vader is out, who would really spend their money on this? Yes, it's less expensive but you get a much better package with HT. The interrogation droid itself is worth the extra expense, IMO.

I think we're in the early stages of SS throwing in the towel as far as Star Wars 1/6th is concerned.

As much as I love this idea, (which is essentially what I'm going to do with my Sideshow Vader)it'll never happen. They would still have to offer the full figure for those who don't own a Vader. Then they'd end up selling way more upgrade packs than full figures, resulting in boxes upon boxes sitting in their warehouse collecting dust.

They can offer the full figure... to the people that didn't buy the deluxe figure. I would've liked the new hand for my deluxe set without buying an entire figure. It doesn't matter. At this point SS is just scrambling because HT blew their sales away this year with Han and Chewie!
Anyway, I have a feeling SS will end up with boxes upon boxes of these in their warehouse. Then they can try to recoup some money with my idea. ;)

I think we're in the early stages of SS throwing in the towel as far as Star Wars 1/6th is concerned.

Agreed! :goodpost:

They should re-release Yavin Luke minus the medal just for the lolz.

Maybe a Bespin Han re-release with an even bigger head and an even tinier jacket.

I've heard that theory a few times, maybe that's true. It is odd to start rereleasing figures all of the sudden. I hope it's not a trend that continues... but as it stands I'm pretty happy with my 1/6 collection between what I've bought from Sideshow in the past, what I have on Pre-Order from Sideshow and Hot Toys.

So if this is the end, then so be it, it's had a good run :lol

They should re-release Yavin Luke minus the medal just for the lolz.

Maybe a Bespin Han re-release with an even bigger head and an even tinier jacket.

Bespin Han would be released with just some handcuffs, no jacket, no belt/holster, and be dubbed the pre-carbonite Han. Pull a string on the back and he says "I know," but buyers have to tell him they love him themselves.

Please reissue Snow Bunny Padme.

review_padmeilum_8.jpg

This site is going to need a name change at this rate...:rotfl

I've been thinking that ever since HT opened the Star Wars flood gates. Nobody even talks about SSC figures anymore unless it's to make fun of their poor paint job or price point. :lol

Back