Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already have SS ANH and Deluxe Vader. Dont need this or HT release.

Gonna scoop up the Boba however as I missed it the first time and refuse to pay aftermarket prices... and also because im a Bobaholic.

wish it was palps or dooku instead but what can you do?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This site is going to need a name change at this rate...:rotfl
(no longer) Sideshow Freaks

Sideshow Quit Freaking Us Out

In all seriousness I hope SS keeps in the Star Wars game. I think they have done a good job with the Scout Trooper, AT-AT Driver, and Tie Pilot. I think that needs to be their focus. Maybe release some new Imperial Officers??
Not sure I understand, are you tempted by the new ones?

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

they arent going anywhere!!! sideshow will continue to make their own SW figures and statues for years to come with HTs doing their own as well. they are doing just fine. trust me.

you freaks never stop to amaze me how freaky you can be, but its also the same thing over and over after every release. the freaks step by step process in a nutshell...

1 love love love
2 hate hate hate
3 Ssc going out of biz
4 HTs stole my money
5 sold my figure
6 wish i didnt sell it so ill buy it again for more $$
7 selling it again to buy something new
8 repeat step 1

:)

I've been thinking that ever since HT opened the Star Wars flood gates. Nobody even talks about SSC figures anymore unless it's to make fun of their poor paint job or price point. :lol

Yeah, cause it's not like their just released Tie Pilot or Deadpool are great figures.

I don't care about their bizarro motivation for doing this, whatever it may be-- I'm just annoyed that my SS Deluxe Vader will forever have the oversized hands, and this new release corrected that issue... and I'll never buy this just for some new hands.

Now that Sideshow is charging Hot Toys prices for their figures I'll be passing on pretty much everything except PT, creatures, vehicles and environments since HT won't be doing those. I also don't think HT will make any Aliens or Droids outside of the main characters. So that still gives Sideshow a ton of possibilities. Why they are releasing another Vader with nothing special is beyond me, but I'm sure there are buyers. If they really want to test the market they should produce a 1:6 X-Wing and 1:6 TIE Fighter. They could probably sell those for $500-$600 each, if not more.

It's actually a smart move from a business stance. Take popular a recently sold out item that you still have good tooling for, make minor tweaks / improvements and price it at $50 below Hot Toys.

You get the new curious customers who come to make a purchase after being whipped into a frenzy by the movie and all the marketing and they can't really see too much difference between the SSC and HT at a glance except the price difference. Boom!

These re-releases are not aimed at us freaks.

If I buy a 1/6 Vader, it'll probably be this one. It looks better than HT to my eyes.

If the dewback, tauntaun, e-web blaster, and probe droid were such good sellers, why doesn't SS focus on more niche items like that? Honestly, all these different 1/6 scale characters coming out are a big boring. I want licensed environments, creatures, and other unique accessories that aren't readily available to accompany the plethora of 1/6 figs already out there.

they arent going anywhere!!! sideshow will continue to make their own SW figures and statues for years to come with HTs doing their own as well. they are doing just fine. trust me.

you freaks never stop to amaze me how freaky you can be, but its also the same thing over and over after every release. the freaks step by step process in a nutshell...

1 love love love
2 hate hate hate
3 Ssc going out of biz
4 HTs stole my money
5 sold my figure
6 wish i didnt sell it so ill buy it again for more $$
7 selling it again to buy something new
8 repeat step 1

:)
I thought you weren't going to post again for 6 months. Holy smokes, can the patronizing routine, morphosis.

Please reissue Snow Bunny Padme.

review_padmeilum_8.jpg

:lol

That was terrible, even back then.

Ah the good ol' days... when we were satisfied with less.

:lol

That was terrible, even back then.

Ah the good ol' days... when we were satisfied with less.

It doesn't look to bad when angled correctly. I wish SSC would start reissuing PT characters. I would upgrade them for the prices they are charging now if it meant new sculpts.

i was thinking that since this isnt due out until june-august 2016 people who missed out on the deluxe and might miss the HTs version which probably be sold out by then can get this one and its cheaper. :) so it helps collectors next year who want a nice Vader.

Maybe this is SS's answer to the money they've lost due to the lack of interest in their clones that were releasing every week?

i'd actually buy a reissue of Jabba and throne.

Back