Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought that figure recently just for the robe, and it fits very well. It takes some futzing, and I had to stitch the hood down to keep it where I wanted it, but for the $28 I paid, I'm super pleased. Here's a photo from when I first go it, I've gotten the hood to sit nicer since.
ca75f9ba97658430413db2b941ec3f98.jpg

Thanks Dixmois, I have the chance of getting one for $10, so think its a good deal :)

My WL converted and my EX will be here tomorrow. Looks great in everyone's pics and I'm hearing the praise in this thread has me pumped.

I came across people talking about crooked saber blades. Is this common?

I came across people talking about crooked saber blades. Is this common?

Seems common. There was no way to fix my saber by heating and bending the blades because the holes they mounted in were TOTALLY out of alignment; for the price we paid for the figure I think SS should have done much better...maybe even a diecast hilt. Anyway, because I'm a model builder and have the tools and materials, I drilled out both ends and inserted a section of styrene tubing the blades would fit in and you can't even see it once the blades are inserted. It was an easy fix and something that would have really bothered me when I first started collecting; now, not so much.

I also mentioned in an earlier post the hilt is actually made in two sections, glued together at the center; I may mod it further.

How the blades looked out of the box:

19_05_53_73_340230_martyfeldman.jpg

How does he compare height-wise to the HT stuff like kylo ren? Are they to-scale? If anybody can post a pic that would be awesome :D

Edit: Woops. There's one in page 196 but idk if they're on the same platform

He is almost exactly the same height as Hot Toys Luke Skywalker, if that helps. I think that's pretty accurate for Darth Maul, since he was not a tall character.

Could someone display him next to Farmboy Luke or even Leia? I think that would give a good idea of his scale. I always thought Kylo was a bit too tall.

I agree about the scale. Yes Ray park is shorter than Adam Driver, but his body type, or build, is more muscular than Adam Driver. So it's fine for Kylo to be taller, but since he technically isn't wearing any form of armor, he should not be bulkier than Maul as the figure portrays. I think they are both a little off, one a little too short and skinny, one a little too tall and bulky.

Adam is 6'2". He seems to tower over everyone just fine. The angles in the movie may not have given that impression but the guy is tall comparatively.
14069b10644acc56f768f7ffb5e2be9e.jpg

8f6e2a573df0d87e3930f95156a9d68c.jpg

a17d506f6350233a4ecc78ed60ebd5e9.jpg

I paid a lot of money for a custom Maul that looks amazing, and never thought the SSC one would come close, but it really does. Amazing job, Sideshow.....now, if we can just bring the prices down 20% or more, I'd buy a lot more...

So if Driver is 6'2" naturally and Prowse was 6'6' naturally, then yeah, Kylo fig is way too tall....Prowse told me in full Vader costume, he was basically close to 6'10" with boots and helmet on, etc. Assuming he is recalling that accurately, of course!

Back