Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amstel, I will give you $240 if you promise me you won't buy this figure. What say you!?

I am actually going to watch all 6 movies this weekend.

Why!? It's Halloween, there are thousands of better things that you can do than see movies you have already seen. Forgoe the marathon and attend a Halloween party, troll for some tight sliz, anything but Stah Wahs!

:lol:lol:lol

I am actually going to watch all 6 movies this weekend.... so my opinion may change... probably not though :lol

I keep meaning to do this. I haven't made it through the Phantom Menace though. It's so long in between my attempts that I start over each time. So far, I've only made it to 30 minute into the Phantom Menace about 4 times. :lol

Definitely going to watch them all before Episode VII.

Amstel, just to be clear, that wasn't an attack on you or your decision. Some of us are just shocked at the price of this and having a laugh. Not meant at your expense.

Sculpt looks nice, outfit MUCH better than the previous SS release (that sits in a box in my cabinet somewhere. . .), and the paint is pretty good. BUT, for that price point, SS MUST get some articulation in those ankles. My Hoth Luke and Han have bupkis in the ankle movement department, and a dynamic character like this guy MUST be able to take deep stances.

I keep meaning to do this. I haven't made it through the Phantom Menace though. It's so long in between my attempts that I start over each time. So far, I've only made it to 30 minute into the Phantom Menace about 4 times. :lol

Amstel, just to be clear, that wasn't an attack on you or your decision. Some of us are just shocked at the price of this and having a laugh. Not meant at your expense.

I started doing this recently and somehow made it through TPM and AOTC. But the same thought comes back to me every time. If I want to spend 2 hours watching Star Wars, why on earth did I put in a PT movie. I still plan on doing ROTS and then the OT before TFA, but after that I may be done forever with the PT.

Sculpt looks nice, outfit MUCH better than the previous SS release (that sits in a box in my cabinet somewhere. . .), and the paint is pretty good. BUT, for that price point, SS MUST get some articulation in those ankles. My Hoth Luke and Han have bupkis in the ankle movement department, and a dynamic character like this guy MUST be able to take deep stances.

They seem okay to me due to the soft rubber they used, but I guess I'm not aiming to put them in crazy positions. Maul does beg for a bit more dynamism.

It's Halloween, there are thousands of better things that you can do than see movies you have already seen.
5ftwrKv.gif

I keep meaning to do this. I haven't made it through the Phantom Menace though. It's so long in between my attempts that I start over each time. So far, I've only made it to 30 minute into the Phantom Menace about 4 times. [emoji38]

I want to refresh myself on all of them before Force Awakens too, but i don't know if i can sit through Phantom Menace and Clone Wars again. I actually don't mind Revenge of the Sith, but i don't want to start at part 3. I guess it is best for me to just watch 4-6. I'll be showing a friend them for the first time too and i don't want to turn her off to the series with the politics and bad acting in the PT.

Why!? It's Halloween, there are thousands of better things that you can do than see movies you have already seen. Forgoe the marathon and attend a Halloween party, troll for some tight sliz, anything but Stah Wahs!
Well... I am watching them Sunday/Monday, to busy the next two nights to watch.

I want to refresh myself on all of them before Force Awakens too, but i don't know if i can sit through Phantom Menace and Clone Wars again. I actually don't mind Revenge of the Sith, but i don't want to start at part 3. I guess it is best for me to just watch 4-6. I'll be showing a friend them for the first time too and i don't want to turn her off to the series with the politics and bad acting in the PT.

Machete edition my friend...watch Episodes 4 and 5, then flashback to 2 and 3, and end it on 6. Then you say if you want to see the most badass character ever who has maybe 10 minutes of screen time in one of the worst movies ever made, we'll watch TPM...

Just start at Episode 1 and go through all the way to 6. She has no idea about anything Star Wars if she never seen them yet..... give the PT a chance.

And you think HT's will be cheaper?
I find it funny how people like to defend Sideshow in regards to pricing yet are so down on Hot Toys regarding it. Hot Toys in my opinion has much more gradually increased their prices whereas Sideshow has upped their's in a shorter span. Perfect examples are the Scout Trooper, Tie Pilot, and AT-AT Driver. Scout was $189 a couple years ago, Tie went up in January for $199, and AT-AT went up this same year and is $209. Also for comparison look at Sideshow's Red 5 Luke versus Hot Toys' farmboy Luke. The Sideshow figure is bare bones as can be and $240 whereas the Hot Toys figure is loaded and $230.

Machete edition my friend...watch Episodes 4 and 5, then flashback to 2 and 3, and end it on 6. Then you say if you want to see the most badass character ever who has maybe 10 minutes of screen time in one of the worst movies ever made, we'll watch TPM...
I've heard of this Machete edition way to watch, but never actually did it. I may think about it.
Just start at Episode 1 and go through all the way to 6. She has no idea about anything Star Wars if she never seen them yet..... give the PT a chance.
I don't want to turn her off to Star Wars right off the bat especially since i already bought all our Force Awakens tickets so shes going. Episode 1 is so darn bad I'm afraid she'll hate it off the bat. If i show her the PT it may be after the OT so she sees how good Star Wars can be.

Man, I was looking forward to this figure! But no cloak and that price? I'll stick to my original SSC and hope that Hot Toys does one...

I think HT and SS have made a deal on PT (or HT just doesn't care), so you probably won't see a HT Maul for the foreseeable future considering their focus is going to be on NT and some OT figs. That means SS essentially has carte blanche on PT pricing and why I'll probably now hold onto the Jango I was going to return. That said, I'll likely pick up the Maul.

Back