Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow’s Dual on Naboo version (there were two versions: Collector Edition — the only one left — and Exclusive— sold out); I’m assuming you’re referring to the other version by Hot Toys when you say “two versions.”

Correct. Which is considered better. The SS version or the hot toys? As we all know. Hot Toys is typically better.

Correct. Which is considered better. The SS version or the hot toys? As we all know. Hot Toys is typically better.

Can't really say right now, Sideshow's been in hand with collectors and photos posted of production pieces, Hot Toys is only a prototype and in prototype form, some aspects don't seem much better. I would probably say the Hot Toys release will end up equal to or better overall value for your money because it includes so much more, Sideshow's is a nice figure with the price tag of one that should come with a lot more.

8ad14a6c1e9dd9839cd77cbea0e878a1.jpg

Question about Sideshow's Darth Maul Duel on Naboo Figure

Does anyone know if his boots + gauntlets are removable? (not his hands, the part above his hands)

If anyone has this figure, can you verify and/or send photos of it removed? Thanks for your help!!

Also, anyone know what the differences are between the upcoming hot toys version and this version? I know the hot toys one will come with more items, but in terms of articulation and clothing quality-wise, are there any big differences? I see the hot toys images are more dynamic, but I feel that could just be the way they have him posed?

Hey guys,

Im trying to obtain a SS darth maul figure to use for a custom figure. Can someone confirm his gauntlet/boots are removable? (the gauntlet/wrist (not his hands)).

both are removable my friend. Not hard to do either, very simple. I also happen to have some maul parts here if you need anything shoot me a PM.

Re: Question about Sideshow's Darth Maul Duel on Naboo Figure

this figure, I must say is def one of sideshows best! his clothing is spot on in size and quality to be honest its a surprise how good it came out, th eface sculpt is a 9.5 out of 10. I currently own over 60+ star wars figures and aside from the bounty hunters the only other sideshow i have in my collection is darth maul.

I can also confirm that his hand/glove is two pieces not one, so if you pull the hand out you still have the gauntlet/upper glove reaminig and it can also be removed, i used his droid caller to place on his wrist by placing it in betwen the hand and gloce/guantlet, as fas as his boots they are removable as well but are one piece, they have great articulation, althou i hae heard some complain about a loose body i never exoerineced that issue my maul is nice and tight and i have him in a partially dyanmic pose as if he is about to strike with his sabre. hope that helps.

Does anyone know if his boots + gauntlets are removable? (not his hands, the part above his hands)

If anyone has this figure, can you verify and/or send photos of it removed? Thanks for your help!!

Also, anyone know what the differences are between the upcoming hot toys version and this version? I know the hot toys one will come with more items, but in terms of articulation and clothing quality-wise, are there any big differences? I see the hot toys images are more dynamic, but I feel that could just be the way they have him posed?

lastly forgot to add sideshow maul does not have the robe, the first release did but the qaulity isnt there, the second one is just that of the dual version, the hottoys one will have the robe giving him a darker more menecing look for those that do musuem poses

good to know! one more thing, i dont plan to use his headsculpt, do you know how his head sculpt is linked together? is it connected to the neck? or can i pull the head out from the neck? thank you for the response!

Has anyone purchased this figure in the past month or two? I am planning to maybe buy it direct from SS but am concerned with some of the recent reviews about downgraded quality. Is the figure still loose feeling?

I bought mine about a month ago from SS, and it’s fine. No problems at all. The one down-side would be a lack of a light up saber, but then I generally don’t turn them on more than once anyway.

This just is an insanely good sculpt.
aacc08f5035eb3670b959312fc271135.jpg

Slikkerias,
I assume you took this picture yourself, and that you actually own the SSC Maul V2. If this is not so, please ignore what follows (even though somebody else reading this might be able to answer it?).

My question: on this picture you posted I think I see a seam surrounding the top of Maul's head. It sort of goes from horn to horn, and by the looks of it I'd say the top of the head surrounded by this seam, along with the upper half of each horn, might form one single piece, glued onto the rest of the head. Is this correct? I had never noticed this before, but the particular lighting on this pic highlights the aforementioned seam (or so it seems to me).

LMK!
Thanks,
m.

Slikkerias,
I assume you took this picture yourself, and that you actually own the SSC Maul V2. If this is not so, please ignore what follows (even though somebody else reading this might be able to answer it?).

My question: on this picture you posted I think I see a seam surrounding the top of Maul's head. It sort of goes from horn to horn, and by the looks of it I'd say the top of the head surrounded by this seam, along with the upper half of each horn, might form one single piece, glued onto the rest of the head. Is this correct? I had never noticed this before, but the particular lighting on this pic highlights the aforementioned seam (or so it seems to me).

LMK!
Thanks,
m.

It’s a casting seam. It’s not glued together.

The seam is much harder to see from the naked eye on mine, but it shows up clearly in pics for some reason.

It’s not very noticeable in other lighting, maybe yours is even less noticeable. But I can’t imagine they changed casts doing production, so it’s there. Maybe just not visibly.

The seam is much harder to see from the naked eye on mine, but it shows up clearly in pics for some reason.

Well, with my naked eye it's impossible to see, but even from my camera pics, it's only visible for just a little bit.. So I almost didn't notice it. Here it is:

IMG_8804.jpg

IMG_8805.jpg

That's why the previous photo with the seam lines shocked me!

Back