Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see. Yes, that’s interesting. Is yours from the second batch then?

I bought mine from ebay just the end of last year. I have no idea which batch this is.. but from the look of the face paint, I assume it's the first batch since mine still have the dog nose.

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

Well, with my naked eye it's impossible to see, but even from my camera pics, it's only visible for just a little bit.. So I almost didn't notice it. Here it is:

View attachment 452486

View attachment 452487

That's why the previous photo with the seam lines shocked me!

I do see it in your pics, but it's blended much better than on mine and some others I've seen. Very interesting how many variations of this headsculpt seem to be out there!

I do see it in your pics, but it's blended much better than on mine and some others I've seen. Very interesting how many variations of this headsculpt seem to be out there!

Yes, in the naked eyes, it's perfectly smooth. Only with camera pics it appears, but just very very slightly! and yeah, it's so very interesting indeed.. so many different batches showing different results!

First batch?
Second batch?
Dog nose???
Many variations?????

I'm late to the party, but could anybody please enlighten me as to the issues above?
Thanks a lot dudez.
m.

just bought a used ss darth maul from ebay and his right arm + torso is so weak and loose, anybody else has this issue? when i try to pose his right arm up, it just steadily droops back down.

So, what's the general consensus on the Sideshow Darth Maul now that we have Hot Toys DX Darth Maul as an alternative?
I think SSC V2 is still a worthy contender for a place in ones collection, mainly with the headsculpt the body and tailoring not as luxurious as DX Maul.

I have Maul 2.0 and I like it quite a bit; granted I don’t have a vested interest in the prequels, but I like some of the alien designs — like Maul — and I think SS did a good job on this.

The SS V2 head sculpt is still tops when it comes to likeness to Park...both the HT sculpts look more comic book/video game to me. I'll still be picking up that set as it all looks very impressive...with the PERS system giving numerous options for posing.

I love that the SSC sculpt has got the upper lip snarl. Real distain on his face.

The HT still looks amazing as well.

Seeing I am Toys review...I'm liking SSV 2 better. HT Maul too dark, too chubby, wrong red...a combination of these two for the ultimate Maul sadly....

If available i'll pick up some parted out DX accessories for my Darth Maul. I'm not a fan of either Hot Toys headsculpts or the PERS system.

IMG_4904.JPG

I might do the same and just pickup some DX bits for my SS. He just looks more like a menacing Darth Maul than HT’s does. The SS eye color, expression and overall head shape just look better to me. HT’s looks almost cross eyed in most pics I’ve seen too. Maybe he’s drastically different in hand.

I might do the same and just pickup some DX bits for my SS. He just looks more like a menacing Darth Maul than HT’s does. The SS eye color, expression and overall head shape just look better to me. HT’s looks almost cross eyed in most pics I’ve seen too. Maybe he’s drastically different in hand.

I think a lot of people will be looking for those bits :) ...and I agree that SSC has the stronger sculpt. But the cross eyed thing is only because the owner hasn’t been very good with the PERS system.

Just pick up the SS V 2 from LCS for a good price... Damn the Sculpt and paint are nice in hand! I will grab some loose HTs parts when they eventually come available.

Fantastic pose! He does look really good there.

I'm still holding onto my HT order, but if that figure ends up looking underwhelming in hand I might just pick up this one instead.

Back