Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Sideshow keeps revisiting their older PT figures, if they bring this level of production design (the way they solved Maul's boots is brilliant) and craftsmanship to characters like Anakin, Obi Wan, Windu and Qui-Gonn, I'd be all over them.

Just got mine at the local hobby store, and I am mightily impressed!
A very simple (some might say bare-ones) figure in terms of extras and gear, but fantastically executed.

The head sculpt looks brilliant, the fabric and cut of the outfit are fantastic, the body works great, and what little accessories there are -extra hands, lightsaber, belt- are excellent.
I have to say I find this to be one of Sideshow's best figures, if not the best figure of theirs I have. Just standing there with his double lightsaber (I like the new one a lot better than the old one) he looks amazing.
Very happy I got it.

I'm not too happy with the saber. It's thicker and more pronounced but the whole blade is curved like it wasn't cured long enough after molding. I tried softening it up with really hot water (not boiling) to straighten it but it's still warped and doesn't look right. Any ideas? While I do love the figure, for the price and few accessories, what they did give us should have been pretty spot on. My old sabers look fine but still.

It was the exact opposite for me, the blades on the first figure came bent and I never could straighten them out, whereas these new ones are well-nigh perfect.

Hmm, guess it's not widespread problem then. Maybe I'll send them a pic and try to get a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not too happy with the saber. It's thicker and more pronounced but the whole blade is curved like it wasn't cured long enough after molding. I tried softening it up with really hot water (not boiling) to straighten it but it's still warped and doesn't look right. Any ideas?

You can buy some 3mm acrylic bar and cut it to shape. I use that for sabers all the time.
It also absorbs UV light and so you can use a UV torch to light it up.

Last edited:
Pretty awesome figure. The old saber looks better than the bent ones they sent. Robe is great.
c9bfa256c6a37cad53931c08d04d86cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly if the figure came with the cloak and a base similar to what you have along with the accessories he has stock and maybe add the exclusive as part of the regular package this figure would have been worth getting. Looks really good in this picture.

You didn't have to take the pics down. I wasn't offended, just highly amused. Now my comment makes absolutely no sense. :p LOL!

It was just meant to highlight how easy it was to fabricate custom blades. I just assumed every comment afterwards would be related to yours. And that figure was only thrown together for those pics. I have already deleted them from my photobucket gallery.
Here's the same saber in the hands of another custom that hopefully won't be as distasteful.
It's all about the saber blade, not the figure.

F0FBCB92-1821-4F5B-BB61-1ABDADB605DF.jpg

Sorry, Username. It was an innocent joke. It just struck me as funny. Not meant as a mean spirited comment or a jab at you at all. :duff

You can buy some 3mm acrylic bar and cut it to shape. I use that for sabers all the time.
It also absorbs UV light and so you can use a UV torch to light it up.
Acryillic bar huh? Not sure where to find that but you custom saber is great

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

20e6065cdb90bab9213d5ce3815c4640.jpg

Just received it ; the most beautiful head sculpt that Sideshow has ever produced in my opinion.... good body and articulation too.
Great figure !! [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Back