Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teeny-bop Leia? Mousey Maul?

I'm not taking anything on the Disney cartoon seriously. It's just a matter of time before it becomes "Disney's Frozen Star Wars Marvel Muppet Babies"

Please let it stop....

Back to this figure...I'm with everyone who is hoping to see a stand and a cloak added before the release....

I'm not taking anything on the Disney cartoon seriously. It's just a matter of time before it becomes "Disney's Frozen Star Wars Marvel Muppet Babies"

Please let it stop....

Back to this figure...I'm with everyone who is hoping to see a stand and a cloak added before the release....

..it's always been just lucasfilm from what I understand

Please let it stop....

...Maul was revived in Clone Wars. Prior to the Disney acquisition. Why are there so many people in a Darth Maul figure thread completely unaware that he never died? Educate yourselves.

It doesn't even register on the scale of dumb **** DC/Marvel has done in their years. There was a Sith who learned how to prevent dying. Having one that was a different alien race not die from being cut off at the waist isn't that crazy.

Yeah, but it's pretty asinine.

I am a huge Darth Maul fan and I have never liked his cybernetic revival, in practice. Palpatine using his corpse to create a clone, albeit potentially unstable, is another thing entirely. I would actually be in favor of that in the films even. Granted, Palpatine is dead.

For me though I generally like just sticking to the films and Maul just died getting cut in half.

But yeah I can respect that some fans love the fact Maul is still around.

Maul had human looking legs now I believe. They may be mechanical but they look like regular boots. He doesn't have those robot chicken look to him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I actually thought he was way more interesting in Clone Wars than he was in TPM. They really fleshed him out. He conned the head Mandalrorian (Vizla) and took over their whole planet, as well as the Night Watch. If Sidious hadn't detected his treachery who knows what he could have done.

After he was resurrected in the Clone Wars saga and it was cancelled,there was a follow on comic where he eventually escaped Sidious...and got back with the Mandalorians.
Cannot wait to see what they do with the character!

Looks superb, but I'd still prefer a mechanical legs Maul or Dooku before him. Or Maul 2.0, then Dooku, then Mechanical Legs Maul, then Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine 2.0, then Savage Opress, and then maybe an Ventress 2.0? I think she and Sidious need and update as well, and they could use more and better Dark Side users. Revan, Malak, Sion, Nihilus, Traya, Bane, Plagueis, Talon, Nhil, and Krayt would be cool too.

I think Palpatine was an amazing figure, especially the SS Exclusive head sculpt. That figure to me does not need redoing IMHO.

Still can't make my mind up on this one, but I do love Darth Maul and so far he looks AMAZING!!!

How much do you reckon the original SS Exclusive 1/6 Scale would go for now?

Not much. If I had to guess, I'd say $150 tops, and that's being generous. He was a $50 or $60 figure back in the day and like a lot of figures from that era... hasn't aged well.

If the headsculpt had been really good, I would put him around $260 or thereabout. But he was one of the first handful of figures in the SW line that Sideshow produced. He was my first high-end 1/6 collectible, and is a nostalgic piece, so I'll be keeping him for that reason above all.

So, yeah, anyway... like the RotJ Luke, both are going to plummet in value when the newer versions release. That's not even a question of if, like with some figures, but when.

I'm really looking forward to this release! It's about time Maul got an upgrade.

Same. that proto is one of their best ever. Paint and sculpt are masterful.......but let's see what happens when it hits mass production.

What happens with the prototypes? Do they ever go on sale?

They can be part of a givaway or a charity auction. Don't hold your breath though as it doesn't happen very often and when it does prices will make you think twice.

Back