Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Key word... Clone. What do expect when he says the clone wars?

I believe the implication of the statement was a belief that the Clone Wars involved good guys fighting evil clones of themselves, not one side being fought by an army made up of millions of clones of 1 man.

I recently read that Lucas was planning on making an EP7 and then selling the franchise. Sadly, it seems like since EP1, Lucas has always concerned himself with what he wanted, not how the story should progress naturally and that he cannot do all of this himself. He got greedy. I believe he mentioned how he wanted EP1 to be for his kids, but I really believe it was for him to launch a new generation of fans to give him more money.

Lucas had such an opportunity to do EP 7,8,9 16 years ago and could do the prequels at anytime. The big three could've been more active in the story line. But with Lucas creating more demand by holding back some, Disney is doing the opposite my saturating the market with what 6 planned movies now? Like the other members on this board say, they will hold no mysteries back and milk every story for every cent its worth.

Its unfortunate that Disney seems to be completely ignoring the EU. I was into alot of that stuff and the characters are phenomenal. To ignore Grand Admiral Thrawn, Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn and many other just breaks my heart. Except we get Poe Dameron, Rey, (Huckleberry) Finn, and Kylo Ren. :slap

:exactly:

We are a rare creature. We both love the EU. I also heard the same that Lucas was going to go ahead with Episode 7 with or without Disney. I also agree that 7, 8, 9 probably should have been done in 99, 02, 05 and right now Disney should be doing Episodes 1, 2, 3.

I said "dopplegangers" meaning they could have been clones of the Jedi themselves. Would have been a lot more interesting than a bunch of Kiwi Clonetroopers spawned from Papa Jango.

Also, Disney and Netflix are in talks for four live action Star Wars TV Shows. More and more content is a good thing.

Nope. I subscribe to the philosophy that less is more. More does not make it a good thing, in fact, too much of a good thing is not a good thing at all.

I believe the implication of the statement was a belief that the Clone Wars involved good guys fighting evil clones of themselves, not one side being fought by an army made up of millions of clones of 1 man.

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture :clap :duff

:exactly:

We are a rare creature. We both love the EU. I also heard the same that Lucas was going to go ahead with Episode 7 with or without Disney. I also agree that 7, 8, 9 probably should have been done in 99, 02, 05 and right now Disney should be doing Episodes 1, 2, 3.

:hi5: Here's my theory: Adapt the characters, not necessarily the events of the books, like Marvel does. Thrawn would be the one of the most badass characters on screen. His cloaked asteroids launched at Coruscant would be one awesome event to see. I don't know about you, but the way EP7 is setting up, I don't like it at all.

:hi5: Here's my theory: Adapt the characters, not necessarily the events of the books, like Marvel does. Thrawn would be the one of the most badass characters on screen. His cloaked asteroids launched at Coruscant would be one awesome event to see. I don't know about you, but the way EP7 is setting up, I don't like it at all.
I completely agree with this.

It's just that MY interpretation of Kenobi's throwaway line about the Clone Wars in Episode IV sparked a hell of a lot more imagination and fantasy with Jedi fighting Dark Jedi dopplegangers and betrayal rather than the juvenile tripe of stormtrooper clones fighting dumb battledroids.

Couldn't agree more!

... cloaked asteroids launched at Coruscant ....

ZAPxm.gif

*must be this age to appreciate*

Lol okay Vader from the PT is such a great character and wonderful villain. That's why you need to use the comics and other EU sources to justify how lame the movies made him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I always envisioned Anakin pre-Darth Vader to be something like Aragorn. As it is in the PT, it's not even interesting to watch him fall because he's so deeply flawed to begin with (also something that bugs me about Jack Torrence in The Shining... guy starts out as a d-bag, kinda ruins watching him go crazy). If he was someone to be admired then it would be interesting and tragic to watch as he slowly becomes compromised and ultimately completely corrupted. (And just continuity wise... how does the 'Anakin' of the PT even relate to the ultra-confident, trash-talking Vader?) Hopefully in ten or twenty years the PT will just be ret-conned out of the continuity and replaced with good movies. :)

I always envisioned Anakin pre-Darth Vader to be something like Aragorn.

Funny you say that. I had a similar vision many, many years ago.... but mine was more a cross between Errol Flynn and RDJ's Tony Stark. Excellent at everything, charming but cocky, smooth but dangerous, crafty, cunning, and frustrated by the lack of order around him due to the wars.

I always felt the breath screen around Vader's mouth looked like a goatee so I envision Anakin with one...

Now just hold on there one second....! Oh, nevermind.... please look down now...
Oh, lol, I hadn't even considered your peerless sig, haha. I just never liked how Jack was dismissive to his wife and kid at the beginning of the movie. Soured me on him!

Funny you say that. I had a similar vision many, many years ago.... but mine was more a cross between Errol Flynn and RDJ's Tony Stark. Excellent at everything, charming but cocky, smooth but dangerous, crafty, cunning, and frustrated by the lack of order around him due to the wars.
Yes, exactly, same general vision (character wise he might've made for a good 'Julius Caesar' type where he does great work but is resented for it and say survives an assassination attempt, then joins Palps for revenge). Lots of ways this story could've been more immersive, that's for sure.

I always envisioned Anakin pre-Darth Vader to be something like Aragorn. As it is in the PT, it's not even interesting to watch him fall because he's so deeply flawed to begin with (also something that bugs me about Jack Torrence in The Shining... guy starts out as a d-bag, kinda ruins watching him go crazy). If he was someone to be admired then it would be interesting and tragic to watch as he slowly becomes compromised and ultimately completely corrupted. (And just continuity wise... how does the 'Anakin' of the PT even relate to the ultra-confident, trash-talking Vader?) Hopefully in ten or twenty years the PT will just be ret-conned out of the continuity and replaced with good movies. :)

Poor dialogue and script notwithstanding, to me it's Anakin's deeply flawed nature that makes him interesting as a character.

If you mean some sort of Shakespearean 'fatal flaw', sure, but as he's written in the PT, no. I could've enjoyed that concept, too, if it were written half well.

Maul coming back was fine, nothing stupid about it. Him hanging with bounty hunters and pirates, do you expect him to sit alone in a corner the whole time? What do you expect him to do?

Now calling Vader "special olympics." He never looked weak during the PT, I am not sure where your "logic" is coming from. He was a boy. Then a teenager. He grew during the clone wars as one of the top five greatest Jedi and in Episode 3 takes down hundreds of Jedi and Dooku. He is not weak at all. You must not understand the story or wait, let me guess, only a movie watcher, never delve into any other source material. He battles Jedi in the temple, it is just not really shown, in the comics he hunts them down when he turned into the Vader we all know. He takes out nine in one fight and survives. He is the furthest thing from weak.

I like these ideas. Would be interesting to see them play out.

Wow, that would have been so anti climatic. He kills Qui-Gon why Obi Wan watches and then runs away?

As I said before, would be interesting to see how it would have played out if Maul was alive. I still say Grievous could stay though, Palpatine is the Master, Maul the apprentice, Grievous the General, it could have all worked out.

Well considering there were countless and countless books from the 80s, I am not sure what you mean. By your own logic, it was ruined way back then to, because of all the extra material, did you forget about those? Announcing more movie does not ruin Star Wars. It is a galaxy worth exploring.

We know nothing about the Han Solo, so why assume anything?

Not taking about you, but it will be real cute everyone annoyed with all these new movies still buying the figures.

I already explained this, Vader is not weak and the PT does not diminish him, that is stupid to think.

Well, he only got chopped in half yet you expect him to still be able to keep his fighting style? Seriously? His torso and legs are metal.

Apparently Lucas was indeed working on a new trilogy before Disney called, so....

Also, Disney and Netflix are in talks for four live action Star Wars TV Shows. More and more content is a good thing.
The denial is strong in this one.

Yes, Maul coming back from being sliced in half just because he hated Obi Wan is stupid. Maybe it's not a stupid marketing move but it's a silly narrative move.

Yes, Vader was diminished in the PT. I'm glad you like them but many people were disappointed by the build-up and portrayal of one of the best movie villains of all-time. So the logic isn't that "stupid". Maybe you just need to take the fanboy goggles off?

And I specifically said the PT made him look weak. Those are movies. So why would I include books comics or other EU? I did mention Anakin was much better in both clone wars shows. The movies are the main source of canon a little and the only source for many viewers, so the movies are at fault for not making him as badass as some of the comics or shows. Hopefully rebels can clean up his image for some of the longtime fans but if they had a better narrative in the PT then they wouldn't need to.

:rock

I agree, although Episode 7 looks good to me. I am excited to see it, just wish they would have followed the EU.

So. Much. Content. And. Stories.

I like the idea of adapting the books for the movies, no one complains about it with Marvel, I think EU fans would be very happy with that approach.

The denial is strong in this one.

Yes, Maul coming back from being sliced in half just because he hated Obi Wan is stupid. Maybe it's not a stupid marketing move but it's a silly narrative move.

Yes, Vader was diminished in the PT. I'm glad you like them but many people were disappointed by the build-up and portrayal of one of the best movie villains of all-time. So the logic isn't that "stupid". Maybe you just need to take the fanboy goggles off?

And I specifically said the PT made him look weak. Those are movies. So why would I include books comics or other EU? I did mention Anakin was much better in both clone wars shows. The movies are the main source of canon a little and the only source for many viewers, so the movies are at fault for not making him as badass as some of the comics or shows. Hopefully rebels can clean up his image for some of the longtime fans but if they had a better narrative in the PT then they wouldn't need to.

I disagree.

Useless discussion though.

I am just tired every Star Wars thread is filled with PT hate, whining for ten years won't change it.

It's just that MY interpretation of Kenobi's throwaway line about the Clone Wars in Episode IV sparked a hell of a lot more imagination and fantasy with Jedi fighting Dark Jedi dopplegangers and betrayal rather than the juvenile tripe of stormtrooper clones fighting dumb battledroids. Some things are better left to the imagination than served up on a silver platter and having it spoiled.

I had the EXACT SAME INTERPRETATION. As did most of my friends growing up.

I don't mind the clones being an earlier iteration of Stormtroopers though.

Last edited:
... I subscribe to the philosophy that less is more. More does not make it a good thing, in fact, too much of a good thing is not a good thing at all.

Exactly! :goodpost:

For some reason, Lucas attempted to tie up everything together between the OT and the PT, and in the process destroyed the mystery and shrunk the Star Wars universe.

Let's not even dredge up his biggest failure, the midichlorian "disease"...

"...The disease is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that infection too."

Before the PT I only imagined Anakin as a old man. Never a thought about who he was as a young man. Kind of like Colonel Sanders....ever think of him as young man?

Back