Sideshow Darth Maul Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the fixed stare captured in the Sideshow sculpt. It reminds me of the predatory gaze of a tiger, even the markings on their face share a resemblance.

IMG_4988.JPG

From the pic, I prefer SS.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

84fe1846c91259d14a40c3bbda47eda3.jpg

I’m sure the quality of the HT Maul is excellent, but the head sculpt looks like Bradley Cooper as Maul. It can not be unseen lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no need for a Maul in my collection but that newer Sideshow Maul is pretty superb... and that Bradley-Cooper-as-Maul thing from the HT fig is pretty lol. Amazing how HT can 100% nail so many characters, yet misses the mark as much as they hit it when it comes to SW characters. You'd sort of think Maul would be easier to nail too - he's almost as much a creature as human sculpt.

Wow, looks like you are major Maul fan.:monkey3:lol

I don't really have any connection to anything he did onscreen, but he's another really cool PT design that's grown on me over the years. A great visual concept with the red skin/horns, face tatts and double ended saber. Looks great in all the different scales in MF's display.

Blasphemy! If Hot Toys made it, it must be better ......because......right? It’s a joke. This figure is better.

Ok RogueRunner the FUTZ is strong with your poses!!! A couple of your photos look like screen grabs from the movie. Maulfan your photo is pure EPIC!!

I think Sideshow’s attempt makes the belt sit too high and there isn’t enough material for the top to spill over the belt. Every time I look at the SS version all I see is a high waisted old man pants.

c86abf80a77c1b8751c3de3741af0082.jpg

70e317c1c4f204fa58a80a84be297684.jpg

d0324bfd16b15281911880d308a64c4b.jpg

c5426e39be8cc7472eca13b7b78d7d8f.jpg

The belt is too tight to be lowered around the waist and the fabric is too short the spill over the belt. Mine is like that too and every pic I’ve seen of the SS looks the same. IMO the HT is an upgrade in that regard.

Back