Premium Format Sideshow Cyclops PF 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Cyclops PF 2019

Tough crowd indeed lol. But i get it. I personally cant wait to pair him with wolverine and gambit dead center. The only thing that irks me a lil is the base. But no biggie. I like everything else about it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Been waiting for cyclops, guess he wait continues.

Been waiting for cyclops, guess he wait continues.

Are you waiting for a different version of the character or just don't like the sculpt? I'm in the same boat you are. I'm passing on this and my long wait for a classic or Astonishing Cyclops continues. This is an instant pass for me and I desperately need a Cyclops in my X-MEN PF collection. My problem is that while I LOVE Jim Lee's art, I LOATHE most of his costume designs. Cyclops, Jean, and Storm's costume redesigns by Lee are the costumes I absolutely HATE the most. I couldn't stand his NEW 52 redesigns for DC either.

It's incredibly frustrating to see what's basically a Astonishing Wolverine, Colossus, and Emma PF get released and then get yet another Lee Cyclops PF. We've already got nothing but 1/4 Lee Cyclops statues to choose from. Sideshow's first PF, XM's Cyclops, the custom Bel Lee Cyclops, and now this new Lee PF. Now I have zero hope of seeing a modern black costume Storm. We'll more than likely see a Lee Storm PF to go with Cyclops and Jean. Yet again, sideshow goes and screws up and gives us another incomplete PF lineup. Just once I'd like to see sideshow complete a lineup I'm collecting. Especially when it comes to the X-MEN. They are my all time favorite Marvel team and sideshow simply can't or won't complete even the most basic of X-MEN lineups. Byrne lineup missing Cyclops, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. Lee lineup missing Ice Man, Storm, Beast, Archangel, and Jubilee. Astonishing PF lineup missing Cyclops, Beast, and Kitty. What a f'n mess sideshow has created for their customers/collectors and they just don't seem to care.

Last edited:

OG for the win.

Attachments

• 1728c75c717b2b56bff8a8722bcc707d.jpg
    1728c75c717b2b56bff8a8722bcc707d.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 94

Are you waiting for a different version of the character or just don't like the sculpt? I'm in the same boat you are. I'm passing on this and my long wait for a classic or Astonishing Cyclops continues. This is an instant pass for me and I desperately need a Cyclops in my X-MEN PF collection. My problem is that while I LOVE Jim Lee's art, I LOATHE most of his costume designs. Cyclops, Jean, and Storm's costume redesigns by Lee are the costumes I absolutely HATE the most. I couldn't stand his NEW 52 redesigns for DC either.

We've already got nothing but 1/4 Lee Cyclops statues to choose from. Sideshow's first PF, XM's Cyclops, the custom Bel Lee Cyclops, and now this new Lee PF. Now I have zero hope of seeing a modern black costume Storm. We'll more than likely see a Lee Storm PF to go with Cyclops and Jean. Yet again, sideshow goes and screws up and gives us another incomplete PF lineup. Just once I'd like to see sideshow complete a lineup I'm collecting. Especially when it comes to the X-MEN. They are my all time favorite Marvel team and sideshow simply can't or won't complete even the most basic of X-MEN lineups. Byrne lineup missing Cyclops, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. Lee lineup missing Ice Man, Storm, Beast, Archangel, and Jubilee. Astonishing PF lineup missing Cyclops, Beast, and Kitty. What a f'n mess sideshow has created for their customers/collectors and they just don't seem to care.

SS has pulled me back in X-men line when I saw their latest wolverine and magneto with sentinel base. The updated costume on wolverine is nice. Also rogue, colossus, gambit n juggernaut with danger room base. I love the unity of the base and how well SS made those character. After seeing those, this cyclops seem plain and wont fit in with the other theme too. Instead of jumping everywhere, I prefer if SS focus on those two base instead of the snow stuff.

Its only this weekend I realised what they are doing with the bases.

Wolverine and X23 sentinels
Gambit Rogue DR
Cyclopse Jean snow rocks

Wooooops lol

Now im gonna have wolverine gambit and cyclops with 3 different bases. At least im really happy with the sculpts

Its only this weekend I realised what they are doing with the bases.

Wolverine and X23 sentinels
Gambit Rogue DR
Cyclopse Jean snow rocks

Wooooops lol

Now im gonna have wolverine gambit and cyclops with 3 different bases. At least im really happy with the sculpts

Yeah problem with this is that Cyclopse and Jean at least this iteration is not comparable to the other 4 listed there which is why I'm skipping these two.

Not bad but I prefer the XM version. I also think the original PF is nicer. I do like the new Jean Grey though.

Face on jean is beautiful...

Yeah, Jean is gorgeous. And she'll need Scott next to her, so this Cyke PF is a must.

This just flows better, IMO. It also looks more accurate with its comic based costume. And the proportions and sculpt just looks nicer than the XM version, IMO.

I'm not big on either SS or XM's poses, that being said I've already ordered XM's... between the two I prefer the textures of the XM, it makes it look like he has a suit on where SS looks like he has painted skin. Just my personal preference.

Love it. Can't wait. Yeah these 3 bases next to each other is weird but damn the statues themselves are great[emoji2379]
c344fdb201eafae4f8be7410f8dce8b7.jpg

That's a nice grouping. It's a shame they've gone with three different scenes for the bases. He'll look good paired with Jean though.

The Cyclops PF is growing on me. At first I wasn't feeling the base and the right arm but it's less detracting each time I see it.

If all matching base, would have look a million times better

I'm okay with the snow base because I'll get Jean and I've got a custom wolverine with a snow base coming.

What ever happened to the full sentinel idea they had though? Didn't Igo or someone say they'd basically cut up a full sentinel to use for bases?

I'm okay with the snow base because I'll get Jean and I've got a custom wolverine with a snow base coming.

What ever happened to the full sentinel idea they had though? Didn't Igo or someone say they'd basically cut up a full sentinel to use for bases?

Yes, Igo did say that, but he also said not all the X-Men characters were going to have a Sentinel base. He said that some X-Men will have a Danger Room base and environmental base.

That's a nice grouping. It's a shame they've gone with three different scenes for the bases. He'll look good paired with Jean though.

The Cyclops PF is growing on me. At first I wasn't feeling the base and the right arm but it's less detracting each time I see it.

I'm with you about the bases. If I owned all three I would just consider them all danger room bases. The danger room can change terrain and pretty much anything else around. Good way to look at it maybe?

Love it. Can't wait. Yeah these 3 bases next to each other is weird but damn the statues themselves are great[emoji2379]
c344fdb201eafae4f8be7410f8dce8b7.jpg

I really want that Wolverine. I just didn't want to drop the cash on it. I would never display the EX head, but I'm a little sad I missed out on it. I might pick this one up one of these days if I could get the collectors edition for a good price.? I'm all in on Cyclops though. Day 1 PO.

Back