Sideshow cured my desire for Hasbro toys...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say that I am completely cured of my 3 3/4" action figure affliction yet. And I also can not say that it is because of Sideshow's offerings. I love have the 3 3/4" AND the Sideshow 1:6 scale.

But I can say that I have allowed Hasbro's choices in the 3 3/4" line to seriously decrease my interest in that line.

I am a die-hard completist and I love variations and errors (I actually noticed a variation in a Sideshow figure, but don't want to open that c-o-w), but Hasbro's repacks and repaints (of individual characters, I love the huge number of repainted clones representing different legions) have turned even me off. Also, I like variations like animated AND live-type versions of the figures like they did for the original Clone Wars cartoon. But I want the live-action versions primarily so that they can be displayed with my other figures. And the Hasbro people are trying very hard not to say that they are not intending to do the new Clone Wars figures in live-action versions. But I pressed the guy who did the Falcon and he hesitantly told me that they are "considering a few of them".

And I hate the animation style being used for the new Clone Wars cartoon.

So, even though I have not completely lost my love of the 3 3/4" figures. I can tell you that right now, the only Hasbro 3 3/4" figure I have the most remote interest in getting is the new repaint of the SA clonetrooper. The grey one.

I walked into TRU at midnight, and this is only because I was visiting my sister who lives nearby, and the first thing I saw was a fat biker scout. I then walked out. I am cured or I've moved past that. I'm proud of myself.

I also dumped most of my Hasbro stuff after starting with SSC. I'll probably never buy another regular 3 & 3/4" figure from the movies, but I LOVE the animated stuff so I did go out this morning for Clone Wars figures and I think they're great.

The release of the Clone Wars toys and also the new "Legacy" line. I got what I wanted tonight, a new B-Wing pilot and a new Ewok. I still like the Hasbro stuff and more of it will slowly trickle into my collection over the weeks... and you can bet your ass Im getting that BMF = Big Millenium Falcon :rotfl

Just got back from "acquiring" it.:D

Just got back from "acquiring" it.:D

Pictures man, pictures! I have to either con my g/f into making it a Christmas present or blow parts of my first two paychecks on it. Either way I MUST have that playset, and we all know that's what it really is :lol

I was tempted to go to MM, but 1/6 collecting's really changed me. Hasbro was the top of the game for a long time, but then Sideshow and Medicom and Hot Toys introduced me to the next level of figures. I still collect Hasbro's 3 3/4" line, but I'm not so into it to go to TRU at midnight to be the first to get figures, I'll swing by the local one on Monday cuz I need to take some stuff back to the mall, but I definitely would rather save money for higher end stuff now.

I thought it was Saturday night. Oh well. There's a T R U 5 minutes from my house and I figured I'd head down there to check out the fun if I was up. No big loss.

Not me. All it ever did was make me sneeze every now and then, so I never bothered to get it treated. I'm pretty sure it'll clear up completely any day now. :)

Apparently there is no cure for the common Buck. It might disappear for while, but rest assured it will return. Like herpes.

Hello, my name is Scott and I am a recovering "Hasbro Action Figure Addict" (and rare poster but frequent lurker on the boards). Well, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm thinking of starting a group by the way, anyone interested? (Just Kidding, LOL! :lol).

Last night was the first time in the history of Midnight Madnesses that I did not attend. I have been a one of every 3/4" figure/vehicle carded collector since the modern line began UNTIL NOW. I decided to stop with this new line. First, was due to my budget. I just don't have the funds to support my Hasbro addiction and my Sideshow addiction. Also, I just don't get to enjoy the Hasbro stuff I have. It's all packed in Rubbermaid containers in a spare bedroom, that is packed and can't hold anymore. On the other hand, my Sideshow stuff is very nicely displayed in a glass cabinet in a room that I am in everyday because they don't take up much room. Finally, the new figures just aren't doing it for me any longer. Maybe its due to the last few months of nothing new being in the store, but Hasbro lost me somewhere. The stuff that is coming out from them now is primarily fluff. While, admittedly I'm not a SW comic or novel reader, I'm wondering who half the characters are they are producing now. I'm sure some folks love them and may have waited for years to see some of them in plastic, but I just think they are milking it for all it's worth. Also, there's too darn many exclusives to have to run around and find. To be honest though I did have withdrawals last night and I had to get up early this morning to head to Walmart just to see what kind of a feeling I would get standing in front of all those new toys. There aren't a lot of collectors in my neck of the woods so I could have had one of everything I normally would have gotten easily as I was the only one there and the stock person was just leaving the area. Those figures were like coke to a crack addict to me, but I'm proud of myself. . . I looked through them all, even had an armful at one point, but put them back and walked out of the store with a lone Vader with two piece mask. I figured that was an excellent figure to end it on. While I may go back later to pick up a Millenium Falcon just because it is THE ULTIMATE vehicle, that will be it for me and Hasbro.

Thank God for Sideshow showing off that Vader and surprising us with the Stormtrooper and Rebel Fleet Trooper this week. It made my quitting so much easier (now if I can just nail an exclusive Vader and Stormie on Firday). The quality in Sideshow stuff is beyond compare and is just a much better fit for me now. Also, with gas being so high, I'm glad I no longer have to run around not just to store after store, but sometimes town after town. I can get my rush sitting in front of my computer and ordering knowing that once my order goes through, the figure will be on my door step in months (sometimes many many months, but at least I know I have one coming). I have one of every exclusive Sideshow 1/6 item and have never had problems getting them (knocks on wood, hope my first isn't Vader). Their customer service has also always be excellent. I just hope Sideshow doesn't let me down and they keep up the good work. If I could only get a good looking Chewie with real fur from Sideshow, that would be the icing on the cake.

Hope all you recovering Hasbro addicts out there "stay clean" through the weekend. Stay strong!

Last edited:
I got herpes from a Hasbro figure once, that pretty much "cured" my desire for Hasbro figures.

Between them Sideshow and to a lesser extent Medicom have just about cured my desire for 1/6 Star Wars figures and made me want to start collecting Hasbro 3 3/4" stuff again :naughty

Same thing happened to me with the Marvel Legends figures.

Once I started to buy Bowen statues I "outgrew" my desire for crappy toys.

Im still shocked they're making a big deal out of this movie.

Anyway, I only buy Hasbro figures if they're my favorite characters.....Boba Fett is always a must. I buy every re-paint, re do ect, they're all different and cool. And Grievous. Grievous may suck in Lucas land, but in Clone Wars land (the series, the one that matters) he's a badass.

Which brings me to this question, anyone know when the NEW Saga Grievous (the one thats in scale) comes out?

Im still shocked they're making a big deal out of this movie.

Anyway, I only buy Hasbro figures if they're my favorite characters.....Boba Fett is always a must. I buy every re-paint, re do ect, they're all different and cool. And Grievous. Grievous may suck in Lucas land, but in Clone Wars land (the series, the one that matters) he's a badass.

Which brings me to this question, anyone know when the NEW Saga Grievous (the one thats in scale) comes out?

Sometime in the fall. If you search through the presentation on Rebelscum I believe they give an onshelf estimate for the US. I have to say that new Grevious looks AMAZING. He's one of the figures I'll probably break my "remakes and updates of vintage only" rule...which tends to get broken a lot. :lol

Back