Sideshow Commander Bacara Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just received my Commander Bacara in the mail - I knew he was going to have some inaccuries to the film, but after opening I noticed his patch is centered right on his belly and not his right peck..

I noticed other people got him like this - I know it's a pretty easy fix but I'm letting sideshow know. I think it's ridiculous they allowed a lot of these items to ship like that. I shouldn't have to modify a $135 figure straight out of package.

I'll let you know what they say.

You'd be surprised...

For those of you trying to sell your Bacara -

Per the Forum Admin:

"Starting today to post in this forum you must be a Premium Member.

Anyone posting sales elsewhere on the forum will have that post deleted and it can lead to infractions and/or banning.

You do not have to be a Premium Member to buy - just send a Private Message to the seller to purchase.

To become a Premium Member - go here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/premium.php"

Thread resurrection time. Thanks to Darkseed I finally have Bacar on the shelf. Great looking figure. Just needs a new body.
D1E6D65B-A7CB-44E4-9124-BE9019AAE0BC.jpeg

So I just received my Commander Bacara in the mail - I knew he was going to have some inaccuries to the film, but after opening I noticed his patch is centered right on his belly and not his right peck..

I noticed other people got him like this - I know it's a pretty easy fix but I'm letting sideshow know. I think it's ridiculous they allowed a lot of these items to ship like that. I shouldn't have to modify a $135 figure straight out of package.

I'll let you know what they say.
LOL! Just thinking of the reissue of Grievous. Sideshow has done some great achievements in the 1:6 realm recent decade.

Nice shots, all....

Lopie's pauldron redux really sold this figure way back when. Wish I had picked it up. It's the only other Clone Commander I would consider if HT does it correctly and of course, includes those Galactic Marines!

Here he is again...yes the joints a plenty loose now. But he still looks pretty cool...

BACARA-018.jpg

@jedibear @Cocoboloboy from your posts joints are quite loose. How loose are we talking, not able to stand on its own without stand? If you lift his leg and arm to 90 degrees, will it stay in position or drop like a barbie doll?

Might bite the bullet for one if not too bad.

We’re talking marionette limbs. Limbs will drop mostly; very little friction left. Of the 15 Sideshow Clones I still have, I wouldn’t trust any without a stand. They can stand sort of, but they could also fall over at any moment.

They still look great though. And you can do a body swap if you want to. Bacara is a very nice figure as well.

IMG_2989.jpeg

I have them all standing so close together not only to get them in frame but also because they’re supporting each other to stay standing. Which is at least accurate to the show.

@jedibear @Cocoboloboy from your posts joints are quite loose. How loose are we talking, not able to stand on its own without stand? If you lift his leg and arm to 90 degrees, will it stay in position or drop like a barbie doll?

Might bite the bullet for one if not too bad.
Pretty loose if I remember right. I sold him a while ago but I would never have been able to display him without a stand.

I am guessing the best way to fix the looae body is to replace with a Hot Toys slim (or similar slim) body.

The other way might be to strip the figure down then re-stiffen all joints using loose joint fix liquid or the old super-glue/nail varnish tricks.
Could do, but it's another ~$75 and can the hands even be attached to HT bodies..?

Could do, but it's another ~$75 and can the hands even be attached to HT bodies..?
Take some modding to gets hands/feet/head to fit but thqt used to be the standard for kitbashing back before brands started to standardise around HT body joints and connectors.

There were some good quality cheap KO HT slim bodies before but they seem to have dried up, hopefully another batch gets made as they were maybe 20 bucks.

Although not exactly an upgrade to Sideshow (It was an upgrade for the fragile Marmit troopers though) I have used Barbie "made to move" Ken bodies for armoured troopers since they are slim. They lack torso articulation but can at least stand most of the time.

Barbie Made to Move Ken trooper while I was assembling it

Attachments

• 20220804_061919.jpg
    20220804_061919.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220804_060425.jpg
    20220804_060425.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220804_060303.jpg
    20220804_060303.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Back