Sideshow Commander Bacara Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday, guess i'm not the only one with the breastplate position issue but alas its still a sweet figure.
Not sure if this has been already said but looks like there is alittle extra slack that can be used to move the breastplate up on the bottom right strap.

p1000165g.jpg

Nice picture! I have my guy in the same pose... Think I'll hold onto him for a bit to see if he grows more on me. I think I need to work on getting him set up correctly and doing a little modding.

Hi all, I just received my Bacara today, and there seems to be a problem with the belt centering! Please look at the attached photo.

As you can see, the belt is not centred, and so it pulls one side of the kama strap to one side. I have tried to move the belt because at the front it does not seem to be glued on. But at the back, it seems like it is glued in place??

Can someone please tell me if there is a way I can move the belt and correctly centre my belt so the strap doesnt pull to one side???

Thanks!!!

Hmmmmmmm.... I'd gently separate the belt from the armour at the back using a small screw driver to wedge in there, or just use your finder nail. Pry them apart CAREFULLY and you should be able to twist the belt into position. My belt was not glued back there so I'm thinking the belt glue leaked onto the armour and welded it into place.

Good luck!

Hmmmmmmm.... I'd gently separate the belt from the armour at the back using a small screw driver to wedge in there, or just use your finder nail. Pry them apart CAREFULLY and you should be able to twist the belt into position. My belt was not glued back there so I'm thinking the belt glue leaked onto the armour and welded it into place.

Good luck!

You, my friend, are a genius!! All I had to do was pry only a tiny bit, and it came loose with a little twist. Not even a scratch!! :) Now it's centred and looks great, and now even moves the chest patch a little closer to the shoulder!!

Thanks so much for your advice! :)

WTF!?!!? The packaging says this figure was supposed to come with TWO DC-17 pistols, but my package only got one included!?!?! Is this normal, or have I been shafted?!?!!? I looked at online reviews, and most only show one too. Did Sideshow just screw up the packaging description???

Glad I could help! And about the blaster, I'd ask Sideshow for one. The package says it comes with TWO after all.... :wink1:

WTF!?!!? The packaging says this figure was supposed to come with TWO DC-17 pistols, but my package only got one included!?!?! Is this normal, or have I been shafted?!?!!? I looked at online reviews, and most only show one too. Did Sideshow just screw up the packaging description???

The site used to say two. Now it says one. Those that ordered before they changed description I believe got an email confirming there would be only one pistol. You could call and they may send you a second just to be nice, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Direct answer, yes, one pistol is correct.

okay, my Bacara finally arrived and his chest piece is firmly in his abdominal area. I have to send "pics" to SS, but I have a feeling theyre going to want me to send it back. Is there a place to buy the strapping that holds the chestpiece? I'll cut and make it myself, am really not wanting to send it back. The lady said they've been having these issues and I told her it would have been nice if someone had checked mine in the last 3 months before sending it out. :lol

You could remove the diagonal strip holding the chest piece from the belt and then adjust it. Maybe someone just glued it too deep onto the belt.

Woke up this morning and to my surprise found Commander Bacara on Amazon for $67.50. Of course I jumped on it right away. Ended up getting the last one. I'm new to the scene, so this was a pretty big score for me, since he was on my wish list anyways! :yess:

Woke up this morning and to my surprise found Commander Bacara on Amazon for $67.50. Of course I jumped on it right away. Ended up getting the last one. I'm new to the scene, so this was a pretty big score for me, since he was on my wish list anyways! :yess:

Congrats! Welcome to the addiction. :clap

Clone Commander Bacara, or Neyo?

Hello!

I'm just looking for suggestions - I haev a $25 dollar gift card Sideshow graciously gave me and can't decide between the two.

Commander Bacara would have been a definite choise, but upon seeing reviews on him he looked poorly made/rushed.

Neyo looks good, but he just isn't as memorable as Bacara was.

If anyone can offer feedback that'd be great - even though I like Bacara I don't want a poorly made figure.

Thanks!

Re: Clone Commander Bacara, or Neyo?

Commander Bacara would have been a definite choise, but upon seeing reviews on him he looked poorly made/rushed.

Only problem was placement of the breast patch, easy fix, talked about in the Bacara thread. I have both and like them equally, just go with Bacara, you'll be happy with him.

So I just received my Commander Bacara in the mail - I knew he was going to have some inaccuries to the film, but after opening I noticed his patch is centered right on his belly and not his right peck..

I noticed other people got him like this - I know it's a pretty easy fix but I'm letting sideshow know. I think it's ridiculous they allowed a lot of these items to ship like that. I shouldn't have to modify a $135 figure straight out of package.

I'll let you know what they say.

Attachments

• picture090.jpg
    picture090.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 239
Back