Sideshow Collectibles X Hot Toys - Star Wars Collaboration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While not high on my list, I'm wondering if they might do an Amidala figure. If there's someone who could use the HT treatment, it's her.

I'd agree with you on that one... Sideshow's Padme is easily one of the worst figures they've made :lol

Luke is just the tip of the iceberg, they wouldn't have announced a whole collaboration over 1 figure. We already knew of HT helping to develop certain things for figures, and a single figure isn't worth making an announcement the way they did. There'll be more.
Actually they would have they had to announce it or people would think that HT has license when they made Luke.

Oh wait never mind people think that anyways:slap

Why would people think Hot Toys has the Star Wars license? :cuckoo:

Literacy: it ain't what it used to be.
Yeah, read this and luke thread and people keep saying they will do all these figures, i cant believe they finally got license, etc....

I'm just underscoring your point. :duff

You've been pretty busy setting them straight. Maybe you need a club or something for emphasis. The message doesn't seem to be sinking in.

There will certainly be more Star Wars figures coming out of the Hot Toys/Sideshow collaboration, but Hot Toys are probably limited in who they can make. Certain figures SSC will let them do. Like "remakes" of older figures.

We shall see where it goes, but this definitely isn't a one-off.

There will certainly be more Star Wars figures coming out of the Hot Toys/Sideshow collaboration, but Hot Toys are probably limited in who they can make. Certain figures SSC will let them do. Like "remakes" of older figures.

We shall see where it goes, but this definitely isn't a one-off.

I really hope they do some remakes, Anakin and QuiGon come to mind right away for me. Where Sideshow is at now makes those early figures look like they're from an entirely different company.

I'm not worried about more Lukes and Hans, no matter who does it, there'll always be more of those characters. Either way, I'm glad Hot Toys is doing Star Wars.

I'm actually hoping HT go for ROTS Anakin next, if there are more figures coming from this collaboration.
Sideshow's Anakin is not a good example of likeness or paint apps...

I'm not even sure I would expect any prequel figures from this collaboration. Really I can see Han, 2 or 3 Lukes, a Princess Leia and if we are really lucky, a chewbacca and HT's stab at Vader.

I'm not saying there definitely won't be more, since Star Wars is a very lucrative license, but I wouldn't start speculating past the most core of the core characters.

I wouldn't speculate beyond Dx Luke which has been shown. I haven't kept up this thread but last time I buzzed in the collaboration was still in question. Did HT or SS officially announce more figures to be produced by HT beyond Luke?

I am all for a partnership producing more figures even have several I want produced. However, I won't count the chickens before they hatch.

I'm not even sure I would expect any prequel figures from this collaboration. Really I can see Han, 2 or 3 Lukes, a Princess Leia and if we are really lucky, a chewbacca and HT's stab at Vader.

I'm not saying there definitely won't be more, since Star Wars is a very lucrative license, but I wouldn't start speculating past the most core of the core characters.

Well, you can't get much more "core" with a character than Anakin... Anakin and Luke define the entire saga, so if there should be more characters, I'd say Anakin would have to be there. Besides, with ROTS you could do the same type of offering: two head sculpts (one Anakin, one Vader with yellow eyes), two outfits (one brand new, one battle-damaged), a base and an extra limb (robotic arm). Not saying this will be it, but it makes sense... at least nothing speaks against it... and Father and Son, both protagonists of each trilogy would make a nice statement.

As for an ESB Vader, which also makes a lot of sense, I'm not sure HT can bring so much more ot the table beyond what Sideshow has shown they can do with their latest figures, i.e. Boba Fett, IG-88 and their latest clones.

I wouldn't speculate beyond Dx Luke which has been shown. I haven't kept up this thread but last time I buzzed in the collaboration was still in question. Did HT or SS officially announce more figures to be produced by HT beyond Luke?

I am all for a partnership producing more figures even have several I want produced. However, I won't count the chickens before they hatch.

Well, the press release seems to indicate an ongoing collaboration beyond just one figure:

ideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to announce a unique collaboration, a union of talent and artistic vision aimed at bringing the very best products to life in 1:6 Scale.

and

"For the first time ever, our two companies will be working simultaneously on complementary products for key properties, including Star Wars, Indiana Jones, DC, Marvel, and others. It's a refreshing way for us to look at the collectibles business, bridging the creative powers of artists around the globe, so that we can bring to life many exciting new products."

and

As a Star Wars super-fan, it is my dream to produce the 1:6th scale collectible figures of the Star Wars saga.

It's always in plural, so I'm expecting at least a few HT DX SW figures, as well as others. I can see Sideshow using HT's Arnold and Royce type of bodies for their DC super heroes.

Well, you can't get much more "core" with a character than Anakin... Anakin and Luke define the entire saga, so if there should be more characters, I'd say Anakin would have to be there. Besides, with ROTS you could do the same type of offering: two head sculpts (one Anakin, one Vader with yellow eyes), two outfits (one brand new, one battle-damaged), a base and an extra limb (robotic arm). Not saying this will be it, but it makes sense... at least nothing speaks against it... and Father and Son, both protagonists of each trilogy would make a nice

I don't disagree with you about Anakins importance, I just think that if HT does get around to Prequel characters, it will only be after they have made most of the core characters from the OT. So, if it does happen, it may be a long way off, but hey, I could be wrong.

Hasnt hot toys always worked with sideshow on the star wars figures? All of the boxes have hot toys logo on it. I may be mistaken.

Hasnt hot toys always worked with sideshow on the star wars figures? All of the boxes have hot toys logo on it. I may be mistaken.
All of my Sideshow clone figures have the Hot Toys logo on the box and I never noticed that before today. My Order of the Jedi figures, however, do not. Guess Sideshow needed some help to realize the full potential of the 1/6 clones.:dunno

Armored bodies were developped by SsC in association with Hot Toys, hence the HT logo on Vader, Stormtroopers and Clones 12" boxes.
Bespin Luke is a step further in both companies collaboration with SSC letting HT fully developping a figure.

Back