Sideshow Collectibles X Hot Toys - Star Wars Collaboration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::lol

Another one I prefer Sideshow to do is the Hoth Rebel Trooper. Nik Sant and the Rebel Fleet Trooper are awesome figures. With what they've been doing with the Joe figures, I want to see what they can do with Hoth military.

But I don't think I have to worry about a DX Hoth Rebel happening anytime soon.

The Hoth figures could be pretty epic... I'd definitely be down for some troopers as well as main cast :duff

I have been thinking about this "collaberation" and I posted this in the Grievous thread. But it seems more appropriate here.

I am wondering if this "collaboration" is anything more than Hot Toys having helped Sideshow with the armored figure mannequin and Sideshow letting Hot Toys put a few Star Wars items in their "DX" line. It is not like Hot Toys has announced an entire Star Wars specific line...at least not that I have noticed.

This is more how I envisioned it when I read the announcement. SS has been working with Hot Toys for a while on various projects, so it's not like this is a brand-new working relationship. I see the HT DX figures as central to this new partnership, with help on some key humanoid characters.

This is the best news I've heard in a long time. I'm glad they're starting with Bespin Luke since I've always wanted one but wasn't satisfied with the SS version.

Hopefully we'll also see Hoth Leia, Chewbacca, ESB/ROTJ Vader and an updated Bespin Han.
:exactly::goodpost:

Who do you guys think they will announce next?

Darth? Han? Leia?

Darth Vader would be sick.

Han Solo - would prefer ANH or Bespin.

Leia - would prefer Slave, Hoth/Bespin Escape DX.

Other than ROTJ, how do you DX Vader, electronics aren't anything DX, regular MMS figures come with that all of the time. There's not much for Vader to come with, and a base alone isn't enough either. The only way I can figure Vader could be DX is if you did a single Vader with all the parts needed to make the various looks over the 4 films.

my guess is that Hot Toys will continue with the ESB mode and offer Han and Leia.

Other than ROTJ, how do you DX Vader, electronics aren't anything DX, regular MMS figures come with that all of the time. There's not much for Vader to come with, and a base alone isn't enough either. The only way I can figure Vader could be DX is if you did a single Vader with all the parts needed to make the various looks over the 4 films.

here's a good piece for a DX vader.
a special head and hands set.
or perhaps just the head

molded in a semi-transparent black plastic. not completely, but enough that if you shine a light through it, it can be seen.

inside the helmet is a light-up skull.

that would be something up HT alley, and could possibly push it to a DX status.

Just a thought.

I'm fine with HT just releasing human characters... Sideshow seems to be rocking out on everything else.

Back