Sideshow Collectibles TIE Pilot - Rogue One Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, perfect. I found that clip on YouTube. Thanks!
Yes, you see a close-up of the TIE pilot that blasts "Red 5" and then again when Blue Leader bites the dust. Both pilots have the grey stripes on their masks.

For some reason, I am loving the Satin look of the flight suit. Accurate or not, me likes shiny things! Only thing holding me back from ordering: waiting to make sure final production doesn't have that tiny waist the first one did. It was more of a suit issue, clearly not due to the base body, which was fine

Updated: used some points and ordered this one. Free shipping in U.S. won me over!

Last edited:
Looks good, the pleather will turn to snot in 2 years.

That could go for most figures. Including Vader. Heck my desktop pleather directorial chair has some issues too, and is only 4 years old... Pleather can be really crappy sometimes

I just noticed this, does the RO chest box look smaller than the OT one? Also, the RO chest armor has a curve at the belly a la a stormtrooper's, whereas the OT armor is straight at the bottom.

star-wars-rogue-one-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100416-05.jpg
star-wars-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-sixth-scale-100294-07.jpg

Also, in the NYCC 2016 photo the suit looks more to be made of nylon than pleather... at least that's what I'm hoping.
11__scaled_600.jpg

Last edited:
I just noticed this, does the RO chest box look smaller than the OT one? Also, the RO chest armor has a curve at the belly a la a stormtrooper's, whereas the OT armor is straight at the bottom.

Also, in the NYCC 2016 photo the suit looks more to be made of nylon than pleather... at least that's what I'm hoping.

I had looked these two over awhile ago in their product pictures when I was deciding if I should buy one or the other. I noticed some strong differences between the two beyond the flight suit, belt with boxes, or helmet paint; like the curve on the belly armor, a differently sculpted chest box with different proportions, the lack of a holster for the blaster, and the back of the upper torso armor has that Stormtrooper "OII" detail for the R1 pilot. These two TIE pilots are actually very different from one another.

I eventually decided to get the exclusive AT-AT Driver instead. I'll wait and see how the R1 turns out in hand before picking one of the two up.

I went ahead and preordered this figure. I like the shiny jumpsuits they used in RO, and all the other updates on the figure look really good so far. But I'm really hoping the final product turns out well.

i just noticed the code cylinders on his sleeve. i still think ill wait until i can get a deal on this since i already have the sideshow and a marmit(which might get turned into an imperial ground crew if someone comes up with a helmet).

I like that addition, along with the new helmet sculpt and paint. Looks like it's going to be on display at Celebration so I'm looking forward to more pictures.

The chest box is pretty close to the same size on both, but the buttons are all smaller on the ANH which makes the chest box look bigger. The RO chest armor does in fact have the curved bottom to the armor plate whereas the ANH (and RotJ) were much straighter.

Originally I didn't care for the look of the RO version with the plasticy looking jumpsuit over the OT cloth suit, but after seeing this in person at Celebration I think it actually looks nicer. But not sure if worth $20 more...

The figure looks great, I love how different this looks from the OT Tie Pilots.

That does look great. Never noticed the gray on the helmet before.

Gray markings were also on the Tie Pilot helmets in ANH, something I never noticed until a few years ago.

I don't have a TIE Fighter Pilot and I'm getting antsy waiting for HT. I might have to nab this guy while I've got some extra cash.

Back