Sideshow Collectibles Spooktacular 2011! October 24th – 31st

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rancor.jpg

Priceless!!!! :clap

Last nights storm knocked out my power. My town is out 100% and they are estimating a week before it'll be up again. The house is freezing. Im posting from my fiances phone and the power will die on it soon. This is the first Spook in years that Ill be missing the big day and Im still in this year's loser club. I. Know the Mistress does not allow sniveling but I believe these are qualifying circumstances. Save for a miracle, my spook is ruined (and my tropical snakes might die). Worst Halloween ever! Keep me in your Spook thoughts!

So my power is still out (I'm posting from work). I ended up missing the entire end of Spooktacular. I relocated my animals safely and they're fine. They're projecting that I may get power back on Sunday.

WORST SPOOK EVER!

Thanks buddy! Not winning anything this Spook is not important to me seeing as I was able to safely secure my pets! :D I have a clownfish in a 7 gallon bucket with a powerhead and some live rock too. lol

So my power is still out (I'm posting from work). I ended up missing the entire end of Spooktacular. I relocated my animals safely and they're fine. They're projecting that I may get power back on Sunday.

WORST SPOOK EVER!

Glad to hear everyone is ok, sorry you missed spook, hopefully you won't have to wait until Sunday.

But I have many memories which I shall not forget, such as:

1) Jen winning her Templar
2) Swabie's Dennis Hopper story
3) the Midnight Sunday debacle when Mistress Fortunes said Spook was over, when it still had one day left!
4) The WOLFY incident
5) MORTALE
6) Vander's awesome stickers (which is now a Spook tradition!)
7) BuffyGirl showing off her Buffy expertise, winning the only Buffy trivia question asked

that's my girl! :stake

:rock

Have the winners of the decorating/pumpkin/scavenger hunt contests been announced? I am curious to see who won :)

WORST SPOOK EVER!
WOW, I'm so sorry to hear your power is still out. What island do you live on? Glad to hear the animals are OK.

I was in chat so long that I heard that Dennis Hopper story not once, but twice.

Me too!

I don't think I'll ever forgive that storm for knocking my power out Saturday night. I missed chat from just after midnight, all the way until almost 5pm Sunday. Then I had work Sunday night, the computers here wouldn't support the chat program, and by Monday, I had lost the groove completely.

I am glad you got to spend the amount of time with us you did. Glad everyone who lost power is OK!

I was blessed to win two prizes this year (but no contest wins or freebies whatsoever). Still a successful Spook, as far as I'm concerned. I spent a LOT of time in chat, and in this thread, but it was nothing but FUN (well, and perhaps a little stress). But I have many memories which I shall not forget, such as:

1) Jen winning her Templar
2) Swabie's Dennis Hopper story
3) the Midnight Sunday debacle when Mistress Fortunes said Spook was over, when it still had one day left!
4) The WOLFY incident
5) RANCOR2026
6) Vander's awesome stickers (which are now a Spook tradition!)
7) Robodad's awesome banners (also a Spook tradition)
8) BuffyGirl showing off her Buffy expertise, winning the only Buffy trivia question asked

And I was there for all of those things with you! What a great time I had this year.

Great Spook all around! I'm flattered to be listed among the great traditions, too!:hi5:

I would also add the t-shirt project, which jumped from 17 participants last year to 24 this year, and I hope grows even more next year!

The highlight of my spook was watching Shropt slowly devolve from "I don't care about the freebies and contests" to "I WILL ____ING KILL A HOBO FOR A UNDYING CARCASS!!!!!" :rotfl and then finally get one! :hi5:

Spook turned out pretty good. I will admit though my entire Spooktacular joy was condensed into about two days. Saturday night when a lot of us were jammed into the Chat room expecting the Mistress or a deal and ended up chatting for almost 6 hours (a lot of jokes, fun was had there) and Halloween from 9-12. Literally the giveaways, the excitement, the games were all in one particular day as opposed to other years where every day of Spook had a day like the last one.

I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would but overall I think the 8 days of Spook are much too many. I think had they condensed it down to 4 days October 28th to the 31st maybe with a lot of activity instead of a longer period with a lot of "down time" would be best.

Back