1/6 Sideshow Collectibles R2-Q5 Imperial Astromech Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I would definitely love to have a full-sized BB-8, but I'm not sure it would really make for an interesting 1/6 figure. Plus it would be so damn small anyway.

Maybe $119 or $129 since it doesn't have anything new like R5. It seems strange that all these droids will likely have opening panels (with holes to insert things?) but no tools to insert.

Would they stick with the working lights? Can't remember how often other R2 units are seen with lights on.

Since they skipped lights for R5-D4, i can see Sideshow follow the same path and (maybe) keep retail lower than R2.

Well, yes, R5 does not feature lights in ANH but what i meant was that they didn't try to include any electronics, be it lights or sounds. On a background R2, my guess is they are gonna play it simple and avoid anything that would bump the price up.

It's funny how in ANH the rebels had black astromech droids (and the Imperials had "normal" astromechs,) but by ROTJ, black droids were always Imperial.

It better have light up features, coz that would look awesome in black.

My 1:6 DorgmalSnow customs of R2-Q5 and R5-J2 Imperial astromech droids:

Display Sideshow Vader Emperor 01.jpg

Looks good... but he'll be a pass, not a lot of interest in dipping that far into the astromech pool. But if he ends up as a giveaway or deeply discounted I might be interested.

It better have light up features, coz that would look awesome in black.

Can't see why it wouldn't unless they were aiming for a lower price... all the R&D is done on the deluxe R2, why not have this one light up too :huh

I have a feeling he'll be $140 just like R5, regardless of whether he lights up or not! But yeah, since all the R&D work has already been done, why not include the lights?

Nice figure though! No interest at all, but nice anyway!

And nice customs, jkno! Great display!

I might be wrong, but I think this will be the first clean droid from Sideshow, it will be interesting to see if the final product has sleek metallic look, or ends up being plasticy.

Back