Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto. I'm getting him for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

why did marvel approve this cosplay cap??? I can see why ssc may have sent it off-with their delusions of grandeur and inflated ego's- for approval but i cant understand why marvel approved it. Marvel doesnt care that some other company is making significant changes to one of their characters costumes, or how these changes may confuse or impact their fan bases opinions of said character? I thought the whole point of approval was to prevent **** like this from happening, whats next cap in a black & red costume with a soviet emblem on his chest and a hexgon shaped spiked shield, or maybe a cap with a red cape, hammer and S on his chest instead of a star. Would they approve that too???

I'm assuming you don't follow the comics too closely? The ultimate cap was a variation of the cap that looks fairly similar to this and has existed since 2002. Marvel also updated Cap's look to a very similar design with the Marvel NOW initiative in 2013, which can be seen starting with Hickman's Avengers run and Rick Remender's initial run on Cap in 2013, which is based off the Avengers film of 2012 (the helmeted armored and gauntlet look). Unfortunately I can't access hosting websites and therefore can't post pictures but this type of suit on Cap is not new.

300524_Captain-America_PF_12.jpg

Reminds me too much of this unfortunately:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNjMvMzYzL29yaWdpbmFsL0FybW9yQ2FwLmpwZw==

Pass for me.

The pose seems awkward to me. Something about the shoulders and torso. Kind of looks like the shield weighs a ton and he’s struggling to hold it up.

Edit: My wife also pointed out (over my shoulder) that he looks a bit “stumpy.”

why did marvel approve this cosplay cap??? I can see why ssc may have sent it off-with their delusions of grandeur and inflated ego's- for approval but i cant understand why marvel approved it. Marvel doesnt care that some other company is making significant changes to one of their characters costumes, or how these changes may confuse or impact their fan bases opinions of said character? I thought the whole point of approval was to prevent **** like this from happening, whats next cap in a black & red costume with a soviet emblem on his chest and a hexgon shaped spiked shield, or maybe a cap with a red cape, hammer and S on his chest instead of a star. Would they approve that too???

Marvel also approved the new Wolverine PF and Thanos. Collectors seems gaga over those changes. To each their own.

Wish he was standing more upright.. but it is growing on me.

I am a strictly DC collector and I love this. I wonder if the other avengers are coming with the same kinda theme? Ultron bots and all.

I wonder too. I hope not if it sacrifices the Avengers Assemble line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're probably their target audience because this definitely wasn't made for Cap fans, lol.
Why can't cap fans like the look of something modern? If he were designed today, a super soldier, this is a good look at what it might be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Why can't cap fans like the look of something modern? If he were designed today, a super soldier, this is a good look at what it might be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Don't blame "modern" for this oddly over-designed look. Modern updates can look quite cool as we've seen in the current live-action films. This statue not so much. IMO of course.

Pretty mix review of this piece it seem. Some love, some hate... =)

Back