Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This and Deathstroker are my biggest disappointments from sideshow. I needed classic versions of both for my collection so I'll will be passing on them. They both would've been day 1 POs for me if it wasn't for the horrific looking sideshowified costumes.

Sideshow: “You’ll learn to like em. “

anigif_enhanced-25872-1458243324-2.gif

Sideshow: “You’ll learn to like em. “

anigif_enhanced-25872-1458243324-2.gif

:lol I already feel like I'm gonna hurl when I see some of these sidshowified costumes. At this point, all I can do is pass on these modernized PFs. It won't be hard with the way some of them look.

They both look like designs from a computer game, I agree the costumes are pretty bad. Wasted opportunity

Don't know what to say. The art direction on Cap is unreal. Part of me wonders if the full reveal pics will show a better piece ...but I'm not confident.

attachment.php

SSC, if you are going to go crazy with the art direction on these, why don't you go all in? Maybe a rectangular shield? Or a red helmet? Or a light up star? Geez. I don't know if it is that much different than what you are showing here. :gah:

Simply stunning. They came out of the gate swinging with the Wolverine PF... and then fell right on their faces. $750 for Magneto with some ridiculous changes to the base... and now these two. I don't even know where to begin. They look like Marvel meets G.I. Joe. Not a fan at all. Completely uninspired bases as well. Why do they always have Black Widow holding a gun that's half her size? It looks as ridiculous as it did on the last PF.

I'm going to stick with their new DC statues for now until they find a way to mess that up as well. Maybe the new Batman PF will be holding a gun and wearing body armor.

Simply stunning. They came out of the gate swinging with the Wolverine PF... and then fell right on their faces. $750 for Magneto with some ridiculous changes to the base... and now these two. I don't even know where to begin. They look like Marvel meets G.I. Joe. Not a fan at all. Completely uninspired bases as well. Why do they always have Black Widow holding a gun that's half her size? It looks as ridiculous as it did on the last PF.

I'm going to stick with their new DC statues for now until they find a way to mess that up as well. Maybe the new Batman PF will be holding a gun and wearing body armor.

A very good and fair rant lol. My stance: with the reveal of these 2 im out of that marvel line. Im awaiting the batman pf reveal to decide if i jump in the dc line. I like the way supes and ww turned out. I dont mind missing the ex with both if it comes to it. Ill get wolverine and skip mags. Looks like my highlight of the year will be completing the avengers assemble line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand people being unimpressed. But it is clear that it is an art direction they chose to go in. Modern takes on the classic heroes. People saying it's garbage and crap are just being a Holes. Guess what, this industry dies if they (meaning the comics, films and even these collectibles or toys) put out the same **** in the same style over and over again. Live a little bit. If you don't like it, say your opinion and do not buy it. But don't say the piece is crap because it doesn't fit your "ideal style". Gtfo with that negative nonsense.

I understand people being unimpressed. But it is clear that it is an art direction they chose to go in. Modern takes on the classic heroes. People saying it's garbage and crap are just being a Holes. Guess what, this industry dies if they (meaning the comics, films and even these collectibles or toys) put out the same **** in the same style over and over again. Live a little bit. If you don't like it, say your opinion and do not buy it. But don't say the piece is crap because it doesn't fit your "ideal style". Gtfo with that negative nonsense.

This looks fantastic.... I get that people wanted a classic piece, but Marvel pushed them this way I am certain of it. Hell some are saying this while gushing over the Rebirth Superman that looks great in his full body onesie, but it is just as much a modern take on the character as this one.

To be fair I think these look bad and it’s not because they’re “modern” looking it’s because I think they’re poorly designed. Are forums not meant for discussing negative and positive opinions? I don’t care to read page after page of posts gushing over a statue with no critiquing.

To be fair I think these look bad and it’s not because they’re “modern” looking it’s because I think they’re poorly designed. Are forums not meant for discussing negative and positive opinions? I don’t care to read page after page of posts gushing over a statue with no critiquing.

It's all about opinions. But some of these people on here are acting like the sculptor or sideshow are like betraying them because they produced something different.... Like I said, post your positive or negative opinions. But don't speak as though they are fact and sideshow needs to like scrap this whole project because this one random guy on the forum thinks the "knee pads look ****". (Not talking about you specifically Chronos but you know what I'm saying?)

I get it. My complaints stem from really wanting to get into this line but being disappointed with their pricing and design choices. I should probably just be grateful I’m saving money.

I get it. My complaints stem from really wanting to get into this line but being disappointed with their pricing and design choices. I should probably just be grateful I’m saving money.

That's how I'm looking at it. Personally, some of their choices just haven't worked FOR ME. But I can see how they may work for others. The good news is I'll have more money for the pieces I REALLY want.

He’s just mad because he loves this costume while plenty people here don’t.

Yup. Not liking something and saying why is ok. But calling something garbage / crap because its not what YOU wanted is kinda childish imo lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all about opinions. But some of these people on here are acting like the sculptor or sideshow are like betraying them because they produced something different.... Like I said, post your positive or negative opinions. But don't speak as though they are fact and sideshow needs to like scrap this whole project because this one random guy on the forum thinks the "knee pads look ****". (Not talking about you specifically Chronos but you know what I'm saying?)

I'm OK with them scrapping the whole thing and giving us a classic Cap or at least something more comic accurate. The stripes on his thighs, the dog collar, and the knee pads look hideous. Some differences or artistic license is to be expected but this is going too far. It's not one random guy that has a problem with this piece. If someone wants to gush over this piece that's fine. However, there are people that think the costume looks like crap. I'm one of them and have no problem saying so. I want comic accurate costumes, not made up ones. This piece is only one step above the Deathstroker PF because at least they got Cap's musculature right. I think all of the Deathstroker PF is a total loss because of just how bad it looks.

Last edited:
Back