Sideshow Cable Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The body proportions looks odd. Looks like a refrigerator, rectangle.

Oh well.

I was hoping for $699 for the regular. Previously hoped for $645 to $699 for the Ex.

And it looks like a lot of people’s high price guesstimates missed the mark by quite a bit. As there were a lot of $800 to $1000 USD guesses.

Not worth $725

Not many, if any Sideshow pieces are worth the money they’re going for.

I forget exactly which one, but the last piece I thought was of good value was one of the Prime 1 1/3 scale pieces. Think it was the regular for The Batman Who Laughs piece.

I ‘may’ just order the Regular locally, as I really don’t think the Ex is necessary. It’s cool and all, but I can live without it.

Even though it’s priced a little higher than my cut off point, at 21” tall it’s one of the few pieces that I like that will fit in the bottom Besta with glass door cabinets that I have.

And I just looked at the photos and it’s good the piece can be displayed without the cape as a few collectors had hoped for.

Pretty much what I thought it was going to sell at.... I was thinking a little more than Magneto.

Either way it's going to be a pass for me, though I do like the piece.

I hope they release s better posed Deadpool to go with this one day

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Not really feeling those portal effects hopefully it can be displayed without them and still look decent...might pick this up to go with my og deadpool pf

Not worth $725

I agree. However, I do think it's a great looking PF. This is definitely not the sideshowified crap we've seen so much of recently. They did a good job capturing the 90's Liefeld/Lee vibe of the character. Besides the inflated price, sideshow nailed this piece IMO. I'm slightly concerned about the scale though. Cable is 6'8" tall. He should be 20" tall at 1/4 scale. Not sure if this piece measures up correctly. If sideshow is changing $700+ for this PF, Cable can't be less than 1/4 scale.

Not many, if any Sideshow pieces are worth the money they’re going for.

I forget exactly which one, but the last piece I thought was of good value was one of the Prime 1 1/3 scale pieces. Think it was the regular for The Batman Who Laughs piece.

Honestly, the only piece sideshow released recently that I think was a good value is the HULK vs Wolverine MAQ. So many collectors were thinking that MAQ would be a G or more. I was shocked when it clocked in at $650. Two 1/5 pieces at that price point is very fair IMO. Especially when a MASSIVE character like the HULK is included.

I agree. However, I do think it's a great looking PF. This is definitely not the sideshowified crap we've seen so much of recently. They did a good job capturing the 90's Liefeld/Lee vibe of the character. Besides the inflated price, sideshow nailed this piece IMO. I'm slightly concerned about the scale though. Cable is 6'8" tall. He should be 20" tall at 1/4 scale. Not sure if this piece measures up correctly. If sideshow is changing $700+ for this PF, Cable can't be less than 1/4 scale.

In the other forum this has been discussed, and if the Sideshow apples used in the photos are consistent, then the height measurement is definitely incorrect.

Also a lot smaller of a piece than I imagined... 21 inches tall seems a little stubby to me.

Cable is listed at 6'8". So he's 80" tall. That means that the Cable figure alone has to be 20" tall from his back foot to the top of his head to be in true 1/4 scale. Not sure if that's the case with this piece.

Last edited:
This looks really nice! I totally dig it!

My guess is they messed up on the posted measurement. This statue is in scale ...just the number is wrong.

Sideshow have finally fixed the blog and photo post.

47C90A52-3FB5-45FC-9F31-CCCBEFF85F1D.jpeg

Back