Sideshow BTVS Faith Maquette Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when I unpacked mine for a quick inspection I didn't set her all up, just pulled out the pieces to look for defects. After looking at pics here with the base problems I decided to take her out and set her up. My Faith also suffers from floaty foot syndrome. It looks like the peg is in a little twisted, so the foot that sits on the arm doesn't quite line up correctly, and the statue doesn't seat completely flush. No water in the base, but when I shake it there does appear to be something banging around in there - a tiny piece of poly or something.
The paint apps compared to what I am seeing here though are really really good, no lazy eye at all so I think I am just going to live with it.

To those that are seeking replacement for floaty foot syndrome, is Sideshow having you send everything back or just the base? I wouldn't mind trying a replacement base, but I think the problem is probably in the statue itself, and I really don't want to spin the paint apps roulette wheel. I am also thinking of cutting the peg a little shorter, it seems a little too long and maybe that's why mine won;t sit flush. If anyone feels like measuring their peg and posting it here I would appreciate it. I don't want to risk a dremmeling for naught.

Also just out of curiosity, how does the tombstone fit? Mine is very loose - not really sure if its supposed to be snug, I'm not really afraid of it falling out or anything, just curious what consensus is.

Thanks all!

^
I can't answer that first question as I'm sending mine back for a refund rather than replacing it. Hopefully someone else can help.
The tombstone was snug on mine. Fit just perfectly, no wiggle.

So when I unpacked mine for a quick inspection I didn't set her all up, just pulled out the pieces to look for defects. After looking at pics here with the base problems I decided to take her out and set her up. My Faith also suffers from floaty foot syndrome. It looks like the peg is in a little twisted, so the foot that sits on the arm doesn't quite line up correctly, and the statue doesn't seat completely flush. No water in the base, but when I shake it there does appear to be something banging around in there - a tiny piece of poly or something.
The paint apps compared to what I am seeing here though are really really good, no lazy eye at all so I think I am just going to live with it.

To those that are seeking replacement for floaty foot syndrome, is Sideshow having you send everything back or just the base? I wouldn't mind trying a replacement base, but I think the problem is probably in the statue itself, and I really don't want to spin the paint apps roulette wheel. I am also thinking of cutting the peg a little shorter, it seems a little too long and maybe that's why mine won;t sit flush. If anyone feels like measuring their peg and posting it here I would appreciate it. I don't want to risk a dremmeling for naught.

Also just out of curiosity, how does the tombstone fit? Mine is very loose - not really sure if its supposed to be snug, I'm not really afraid of it falling out or anything, just curious what consensus is.

Thanks all!

I had the same foot peg problem as others have reported. I applied a little more pressure or force on the statue itself; when attaching it to the base, and was able to get the feet flush to the base. The base and statue pieces are fine and nothing got broken or cracked. I am not saying to give this a try, because your situation might be different.

The tombstone on mine wiggles a tiny little bit, but not much. I am not worried about that issue on my piece.

Sideshow is kind enough to offer me a new base, but to be honest, I think I'll let it rest for a bit without Faith on top (she's always on top, so now she has some rest too) and hope the water wil vaporate.

...so my replacement faith arrive....and there's a big dark spot on her nose! sigh! I wish sideshow would inspect the item first before shipping it out.

WOW...it seems like this statue is nothing but problems. I hope when mine ships out in March (still making flexpay payments waiting on my WL to convert) I won't have the problems everyone else is having. Spike seems to be ok for the most part, but Faith is causing trouble....what's new, it's Faith... :thud:

I read on the SF that someone else got a statue and the base was wet. I can't remember what statue it was.

That might have been me and it was this same statue. I just hadn't realized there was water inside the base until I read this thread. I checked it out and, sure enough, my base is filled with water, too. I initially didn't care too much if the surface had just been wet. But, I don't like the idea of water sitting inside the base. I'll definitely take a replacement base that doesn't double as a thermos.

...so my replacement faith arrive....and there's a big dark spot on her nose! sigh! I wish sideshow would inspect the item first before shipping it out.

My replacement arrived with a big scratch on the base, a hovering foot which didn't fit flush on the base, plus a crazy lazy eye. Needless to say, this replacement was much worse than the one I originally wrote in about. What bugs me the most is how I was told this piece was thoroughly inspêcted prior to being shipped out. Sometimes I wonder if the QC in-house is even worse than the QC in China. I was also just told there aren't any replacements left. Wonderful.

My replacement arrived with a big scratch on the base, a hovering foot which didn't fit flush on the base, plus a crazy lazy eye. Needless to say, this replacement was much worse than the one I originally wrote in about. What bugs me the most is how I was told this piece was thoroughly inspêcted prior to being shipped out. Sometimes I wonder if the QC in-house is even worse than the QC in China. I was also just told there aren't any replacements left. Wonderful.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

So, what's the next step now?

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

So, what's the next step now?

Either I destroy the pieces or settle for a partial refund. I'm at a point where I think I can live with my first statue but I need the base replaced as both bases shipped with very noticeable flaws. If I can't at least get a base replaced, I would trash the entire piece, get my full refund, start the paperwork to get the duty fees I paid, then cancel the Angel. I'd probably then consider selling the throne ex. It's not like the QC on the throne was particularly amazing either.

Just another day dealing with Sideshow's lottery system of replacements. I don't care what anyone says, those peeps in the returns department are not doing their due diligence as we hear of worse replacements being sent out far too often. And yes, I know, CS says they never get complaints about replacements. It's all in our imagination.

I was also just told there aren't any replacements left. Wonderful.

I'll never believe that from them again after I had an experience with an EX PF that arrived with a broken belt and they told me that there were no more replacements so they'd have to offer a refund or a credit. I took the refund since it was that Emma Frost PF and I was better off with it out of my life, but it was probably a couple of weeks later where the EX was back in-stock on their site and stayed that way for what seemed like a year. I don't know whether they just got a flood of returns within that time frame or if they were just full of it.

But, really, it makes no sense that they can't work something out with you. The REGs are still in stock! The only EX part of this statue is the hand with the knife. Ok, I guess also the decal on the base since it says "Exclusive" on it. Otherwise, they could pull replacements from the REGs. I know that's not how they seem to operate, but they should be thinking a little more outside of the box...

Now I wonder what luck I'll have getting a repalcement base... luckily, everything else with mine is perfect. My Spike statue, on the other hand....

oh man! sorry to hear that.

Well here's my replacement faith

faith3.jpg

now i also had a problem with the 2nd arm attachement, which I forgot to ask sideshow to replace. sigh, wonder if they can still replace it....

faith2-3.jpg

Sorry to see that, Erik. I've had my fair share of QC issues lately as well (ie. Spike.)

Email them and go for another replacement.

Hey all!!!! I just wanted to say hello, I'm a new member here and am working on learning my way around! Been collecting for years just never got on to forums before, I'm looking forward to gettig to know everyone and being able to share the awesomeness of collecting!

~ I will say I'm sorry to see all these issues with Faith. I got mine in last week and she looks amazing, no lazy eye or paint issues. good luck to those of you getting a replacement, I hope the replacement is issue free!

Hey all!!!! I just wanted to say hello, I'm a new member here and am working on learning my way around! Been collecting for years just never got on to forums before, I'm looking forward to gettig to know everyone and being able to share the awesomeness of collecting!

~ I will say I'm sorry to see all these issues with Faith. I got mine in last week and she looks amazing, no lazy eye or paint issues. good luck to those of you getting a replacement, I hope the replacement is issue free!

Welcome! Always glad to see another Buffy fan around. :rock

Why is the painting so bad on that hand/crossbow? I have no issues with the hands and stakes on the Buffy and Spike, why is it so bad on the Faith?

I had a chat with Eliza in Dallas yesterday. I asked her if she had seen or heard about this statue and she did NOT! Interesting that no one in her corner has heard about it and passed it on to her. I told her where to find it, ssc's site.

Interesting when the actors don't even know about their figures. I for one would know EVERYTHING about me.
:lol

I had a chat with Eliza in Dallas yesterday. I asked her if she had seen or heard about this statue and she did NOT! Interesting that no one in her corner has heard about it and passed it on to her. I told her where to find it, ssc's site.

Interesting when the actors don't even know about their figures. I for one would know EVERYTHING about me.
:lol

Hmmm... Too bad you didn't consider getting the statue or base signed by Eliza.
I imagine carrying around the base in a bag wouldn't have been too much trouble?

Hmmm... Too bad you didn't consider getting the statue or base signed by Eliza.
I imagine carrying around the base in a bag wouldn't have been too much trouble?

Wasn't interested in having the bottom of a base signed. If I can't see it, I'm not interested. She signed the top of our tiki base. She was happy to see it. She said "Alright!" All positively. Guess most people just get a photo signed.

Back