Sideshow brown shipper protects enough?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that's left now is to post the in-hand pics when you get it... The pressure is ON!!! :hi5:

Yeah, don't know why they still print SSC on the box, and not only that, what the content is "Hulk vs Spiderman Diorama w/ Lights". Even if an evildoer doesn't know SSC that description has got to pique some interest.

:yess:, that's for sure!

Not accepting returns is the biggest joke. If it is broken If the buyer complains within reasonable time there is nothing you can do.
If you don't accept the return you could be out of your item and the money when the credit card dispute comes through.

Anyway I think Sideshow knows the old way was better than the skin tight shipper box.
I had to wait like 8 months for a replacement from sideshow (they had to make more) for the replacement Elder Predator statue.
The new one I got came with a different style shipper box than the original.
It didn't have the skin tight shipper like the original batch, it had the oversized shipper box with the Styrofoam corners.
The name of the statue was printed on the outside as usual (bad bad)
The packaging of the Optimus Prime maquette is the oversized shipper with the styrofoam corners. I just don't hope that they don't start to throw the box around like madmen...

I really feel that CEETEE do care that I get the statue in the same condition as he packed it into the parcel. He never jumped into the deal by saying "I can ship worldwide". Actually, he refused me in the beginning because he preferred a local buyer (pick up) to minimize/remove the risks of broken statue during shipping. It shows he thinks as a collector, a fellow collector.

I really feel that CEETEE do care that I get the statue in the same condition as he packed it into the parcel. He never jumped into the deal by saying "I can ship worldwide". Actually, he refused me in the beginning because he preferred a local buyer (pick up) to minimize/remove the risks of broken statue during shipping. It shows he thinks as a collector, a fellow collector.
It's also that way, I like it more that someone can see that nothing is wrong and he knows what he's getting... I really hope that you get the statue in the same condition as it will leave here. I would be very disappointed if something breaks during shipping... It will also be a nervous week for me, believe me:gah:

Not accepting returns is the biggest joke. If it is broken If the buyer complains within reasonable time there is nothing you can do.
If you don't accept the return you could be out of your item and the money when the credit card dispute comes through.

Sadly, I have to agree. I wish everyone involved the best, but I would never buy under those terms.

curious why can't it be insured fully?
I was reading another thread where they said insurance doesn't even cover resin items either. WTF!

my opinion: the insurance is mainly for the seller, not the buyer.
Especially if shipping back is not a lot of $.
The most the buyer will be out is the cost of return shipping with signature confirmation...
however the cost of return shipping with signature confirmation could be more than the cost of item itself if it is leaving the country which could be the case here!

curious why can't it be insured fully?
I was reading another thread where they said insurance doesn't even cover resin items either. WTF!

my opinion: the insurance is mainly for the seller, not the buyer.
Especially if shipping back is not a lot of $.
The most the buyer will be out is the cost of return shipping with signature confirmation...
however the cost of return shipping with signature confirmation could be more than the cost of item itself if it is leaving the country which could be the case here!
With the shipping option I'm using there is no way you can insure for the full amount. Like you said I will not ship domestic, it will be international shipping. I have looked into another shipping option but it will run in the hundreds of €...

Just wanna say that the statue arrived in perfect condition! :yess: CEETEE made a fantastic job with the packaging. A hard strong brown box, then bubble between this box and Sideshow brown shipper (which itself was wrapped with bubble). Each part of the statue was fixed with tape to ther styrofoam.

Shame we are soon to move, so there are boxes everywhere and the fact that the base is bigger than my glass cabinett leave me no option to mount all parts together and display him. Well, time will come ... now when he has arrived! :rotfl

CEETEE is truly a gentleman! :clap

Very glad to hear that the statue arrived with you without problems:) Now go on and find a fitting place which is not so easy because of the huge base like you said...

Thanks also from my side for the swift and easy transaction and I am just very happy that it arrived safely at your door.

Back