Premium Format Sideshow Black Widow Premium format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The REG portrait is growing on me. I think I like it better than the EX.

Totally agree. The EX is actually kind of lame, IMO. It looks almost like a doll face, and honestly does not match the feel of the piece at all. The regular head is totally bad ass and matches her pose and costume.

Wonderful piece- channeling ScarJo all the way...
no EX for me- that HS looks generic and so radically different from the main one

The EX ES isn't too bad. I was thinking around 500, but it's nice that they announced it ahead of time. Honestly, I like it, but just too much going on at the moment to PO.

Sure beats the Wolverine 2500... :lol

Waiting on Magneto now.... if Magneto miraculously ends up being a low ES, do you think he'll sell?

I think Mags will eventually sell out regardless of ES, but obviously, a lower ES would speed things up.

What's your thoughts?

I've got an itchy trigger finger with him.... :lol

I don't know if I can wait for a better 1/4 iteration, and re-posing my Doom cape got me excited about potentially posing Magneto's cape in a different way since he's in flight mode, if I end up getting him. I think if he had a low ES like Widow, some people who aren't sure yet would probably end up pre-ordering just for the limited quantity and potential value. I don't know how Sideshow decides edition size, I would assume given he is the first Magneto 1/4 PF/MAQ to be made, it would be a high one given his popularity.

Widow is tempting but I was never a fan of the character so I'm passing on her, but the statue looks great. The Russian hairstyle reminds me of Cate Blanchett in Kingdom Skull Indiana Jones.

If you open to the new XM Mags, honestly, I would go that route. I know he's not in the classic colors, but man, XM is going to be hard to beat, even with its white suit.

Two changes (IMO) would make this a great statue and an instant buy for me.

1) The breastplate color shine is terrible. This needs to be a black matte paint.
2) The EX head is great except for the straight forehead line between the hair and the forehead.

Unfortunately, since SSC rarely makes changes, I will not be ordering this. It is a shame too because I need a 1/4 Black Widow in my collection.

I agree with you. Probably more about the second than the first point, but it would be better if it were less shiny. However, that exclusive head, once you see that straight line for her hairline I cannot unsee it. I don't like that at all. It's too bad. I was really thinking about this one because I don't have a Black Widow, and she would look great with my black outfitted statue shelf motief (Punisher, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, and Falcon).

I agree with you. Probably more about the second than the first point, but it would be better if it were less shiny. However, that exclusive head, once you see that straight line for her hairline I cannot unsee it. I don't like that at all. It's too bad. I was really thinking about this one because I don't have a Black Widow, and she would look great with my black outfitted statue shelf motief (Punisher, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, and Falcon).

Agreed.

At first my preference would have been to go for the EX, however the more I look at the standard, the more I like it and the less appealing the EX looks.

This has been an interesting one. Following the teaser I was pretty excited and ready to PO. Then the chest plate started to annoy me more and more, but was sort of made better by the EX. However then you pick up on that straight hair line and the generic face becomes far less appealing.

marvel-black-widow-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300484-01.jpg

I love the base, pose and her take no nonsense look. She looks ready to take out anything that challengers her
and that's pretty damn hawt :lol

marvel-black-widow-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300484-33.jpg

She looks awesome here, and I think with the right lighting / backdrop this could look fantastic at night.

VS

marvel-black-widow-premium-format-figure-sideshow-3004841-01.jpg

I get why they did it, the long hair is classic BW, but in comparison, the Standard sculpt is far more attractive on the eye; or at least far less generic (if that makes sense). You compare the 'impact' (or a lack thereof) of the EX to the Standard when in the same pose and the EX doesn't hold up.

marvel-black-widow-premium-format-figure-sideshow-3004841-02.jpg

For me the price tag is probably the main issue I have with her after taking a night to properly think about it.
I keep going from (Standard Version) No -> ok maybe -> yes -> No -> maybe... :thud: :lol

LOL! The standard version has an Angelina Jolie sculpt! It has a refreshing take on her suit, doing away the zipper, but I do not fancy the BW logo shoulder patches on top of the one on her belt. The signature of the black widow spider is the hourglass symbol on its abdomen only! I don’t think a super spy would have more that one logo on her outfit...Oh well, it’s just me...

I think semi gloss on the breast plate would have looked cooler...

LOL! The standard version has an Angelina Jolie sculpt! It has a refreshing take on her suit, doing away the zipper, but I do not fancy the BW logo shoulder patches on top of the one on her belt. The signature of the black widow spider is the hourglass symbol on its abdomen only! I don’t think a super spy would have more that one logo on her outfit...Oh well, it’s just me...

I think semi gloss on the breast plate would have looked cooler...

I agreed above the shoulder patches.
Really think it's Jolie? - I see a familiar face in there, but can't quite put my finger on it. I wouldn't say that's Jolie myself. :dunno

At first I thought that the standard sculpt was poor but now after seeing it from multiple angles the hairdo has grown on me and I really like that determined look with the furrowed brow more than the blank stare on the EX. Plus whenever Widow would show up in the comics that I was reading in the mid/late 80's she always had shorter hair.

The EX almost feels more like Jean Grey cosplaying as Widow.

Ex would be fantastic if it wasn't for that hairline. As it stands I prefer the reg but maybe they'll make it a bit less noticeable

At first I thought that the standard sculpt was poor but now after seeing it from multiple angles the hairdo has grown on me and I really like that determined look with the furrowed brow more than the blank stare on the EX. Plus whenever Widow would show up in the comics that I was reading in the mid/late 80's she always had shorter hair.

The EX almost feels more like Jean Grey cosplaying as Widow.

I'll admit that I was all for the Ex head initially, but when you mentioned the 'blank stare', I actually agree. The regular head looks more realistic and arguably catches the essence of the character more. Hopefully, that 'magic' translates into production.

Back