Premium Format Sideshow Bane Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads up boys and girls. A low quantity alert has gone up on the EX Bane PF. Take that however you wish. There are members here that will say it's a sales tactic by SSC. I just wanted to alert anyone here who's on the fence so they can make a decision that works best for them.

batman-slap-robin-low-stock-aler-i-was-keeping-that-a-secret.jpg

I was actually expecting this to sell out fast, at least the EX.

I think the price tag is what kept the EX from selling out quickly. What else could it be? The sculpt is flat out magnificent in every way. This is easily the very best Bane statue I have ever seen.

Yeah the reason this hasn't sold out is simply because there are so many great statues out right now of equal standard. The true die hard fans of Bane would have got this ages ago. I love this piece also. But I'm finding it hard to choose which is priority as I want them all lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the price tag is what kept the EX from selling out quickly. What else could it be? The sculpt is flat out magnificent in every way. This is easily the very best Bane statue I have ever seen.

With what I have observed lately within various forum discussions, I think that the price is indeed a factor, but not the top reason.

I think it's because it's a Sideshow product.

With a lot of Prime 1 and XM pieces of the same scale (but smaller character size) with a standard price of at least $700 selling very well, that tells us that collectors, while hesitant at first, have already become willing to spend as much money on a collectible as long as there is certainty of prototype-like quality in the end and to some extent, lower edition sizes. If this were a Prime1 collaboration piece, same sculpt -- EX would have probably already sold out even if it's maybe at least $100 more.

I lurked around several discussions in various local groups Re: Sideshow's Thanos on Throne and I saw some people bluntly saying "too expensive FOR A SIDESHOW PIECE" often added with "will pass". While they must be regretting that decision now, it's funny how these people find the price too steep but are willing to pay more than twice that for an XM Magneto.

Once released and Bane boasts of terrific paint to match that fantastic sculpt, watch this sell a lot of units fast like $700 is cheap. Then let the doubting on Sideshow's inconsistency be passed on to the next awesome prototype reveal :)

Once released and Bane boasts of terrific paint to match that fantastic sculpt, watch this sell a lot of units fast like $700 is cheap. Then let the doubting on Sideshow's inconsistency be passed on to the next awesome prototype reveal :)

:exactly: It happens with every Sideshow piece that got huge hype. Magneto will be the next one.

Sometimes its just about character vs character. Im not sure its about price either so much as priority. Clearly anyone who bought Thanos and or Mr Freeze could have bought this but didnt.
Bane is a great looking piece still compared to Thanos or Freeze. However, are you a Marvel fan, DC fan or both? 1/4 collector or 1/3 or both?

Ive only room left for 1/4, as a matter fact my next 3 PFs and the P1 DKR fill my room without looking cluttered. If a 1/4 DKR comes Im selling the 1/3, theyre just too big if you didnt start with 1/3.

That being said I have yet to pull the trigger on this, maybe thats my answer not too. Anyway I showed Bane to the wife, who is super supportive of my hobby, and shes like $700 for a fat guy? She cracks me up LMAO. She also calls the DKR Bats fat-batman. LOL. Bless her heart.

Hope SS make 1/4 Frank Miller Bat, will display well w this guy

With what I have observed lately within various forum discussions, I think that the price is indeed a factor, but not the top reason.

I think it's because it's a Sideshow product.

With a lot of Prime 1 and XM pieces of the same scale (but smaller character size) with a standard price of at least $700 selling very well, that tells us that collectors, while hesitant at first, have already become willing to spend as much money on a collectible as long as there is certainty of prototype-like quality in the end and to some extent, lower edition sizes. If this were a Prime1 collaboration piece, same sculpt -- EX would have probably already sold out even if it's maybe at least $100 more.

I lurked around several discussions in various local groups Re: Sideshow's Thanos on Throne and I saw some people bluntly saying "too expensive FOR A SIDESHOW PIECE" often added with "will pass". While they must be regretting that decision now, it's funny how these people find the price too steep but are willing to pay more than twice that for an XM Magneto.

Maybe this is true. However, based on SSC's previous DC PF releases, the QC has been pretty spot on. I can't think of one DC PF that suffered from bad QC issues. I have 9 DC PFs that look pretty amazing to me. I have little doubt production pieces of Bane will look stellar. I waited to pull the trigger strictly because of price. I wanted to clear out my POs and amass as many rewards points as possible. Once my last PO shipped and my RPs cleared, I jumped on Bane right away. With my NRD and RPs applied, I'm on the hook for $480 + shipping. That makes the final bill a little more easy to stomach for me. From the moment I saw the preview pics on Bane, I knew I had to have him in my collection. I'm grateful he didn't sell out quickly because I didn't want to go on a WL for this piece. I just wanted some time to build my RPs to make the price a bit more manageable for me.

I already feel bad for magneto[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't. That's a piece that will sell out very quickly if it doesn't have a TBD ES when it goes up for PO. Either way, SSC will sell a ton of Mags PFs. Especially since they have Harbottle sculpting him.

Maybe this is true. However, based on SSC's previous DC PF releases, the QC has been pretty spot on. I can't think of one DC PF that suffered from bad QC issues. I have 9 DC PFs that look pretty amazing to me. I have little doubt production pieces of Bane will look stellar. I waited to pull the trigger strictly because of price. I wanted to clear out my POs and amass as many rewards points as possible. Once my last PO shipped and my RPs cleared, I jumped on Bane right away. With my NRD and RPs applied, I'm on the hook for $480 + shipping. That makes the final bill a little more easy to stomach for me. From the moment I saw the preview pics on Bane, I knew I had to have him in my collection. I'm grateful he didn't sell out quickly because I didn't want to go on a WL for this piece. I just wanted some time to build my RPs to make the price a bit more manageable for me.

Lots of people had qc issues with WW. There's been some Sinestros with leaning problems leading to breaking.

It's good that the ones you got are all good :) So far I have only purchased 10 PFs and to date the only ones that disappointed me with the final product's paint quality are Red Sonja Victorious and the recent BvS Batfleck. Still, it's undeniable that Sideshow's proto-to-final product result is like a roulette, and I think it's a factor with people's Pre-Ordering behavior with their products in recent years. You'd think that after all the competition that's become very popular they'd be more competent, but even 1 rushed Batfleck amongst solid releases like Sonja She-Devil with A Sword, Captain Marvel, and Green Lantern is still an evidence of inconsistency. I mean, they even told people that Batfleck will be released sooner just because their subcontractor in China completed the entire run almost half a year ahead of schedule -- why bother about sending the heads back and give them maybe a couple more months to have them redone? Another company would have done that. Not Sideshow.

Personally, it was my disappointment with the Batfleck PF that made me not GAMBLE a $70 NRD for Bane at our distributor. Thought I'd just wait it out this time and buy it even if it's going to be around $30 more compared to PO price. I'd rather I spend that extra $30 and be happy than end up being disappointed and poorer by $70. I still have hope with Sideshow. Confidence, not so much.

And I think just now I saw a remark on the Mr Freeze thread that he'd spend that much on P1 but not on Sideshow :lol

Anyway, yeah a 1/4 Miller Batman is indeed long overdue. I think Bane is still best paired with Modern Age Batman, though. Miller Batman might end up being even bulkier than the OG Batman PFs and might make Bane appear smaller despite the proper scale.

Lots of people had qc issues with WW. There's been some Sinestros with leaning problems leading to breaking.

I have WW and had no problems with her. I never ordered Sinestro. While their DC line may not be perfect, I definitely think it's much more hit than miss. I have confidence that Bane will turn out great. The sculpt is AWESOME and their really doesn't seem to be a lot of complex paint apps on the piece. That has me hoping for the best.

Last edited:
It's good that the ones you got are all good :) So far I have only purchased 10 PFs and to date the only ones that disappointed me with the final product's paint quality are Red Sonja Victorious and the recent BvS Batfleck. Still, it's undeniable that Sideshow's proto-to-final product result is like a roulette, and I think it's a factor with people's Pre-Ordering behavior with their products in recent years. You'd think that after all the competition that's become very popular they'd be more competent, but even 1 rushed Batfleck amongst solid releases like Sonja She-Devil with A Sword, Captain Marvel, and Green Lantern is still an evidence of inconsistency. I mean, they even told people that Batfleck will be released sooner just because their subcontractor in China completed the entire run almost half a year ahead of schedule -- why bother about sending the heads back and give them maybe a couple more months to have them redone? Another company would have done that. Not Sideshow.

Personally, it was my disappointment with the Batfleck PF that made me not GAMBLE a $70 NRD for Bane at our distributor. Thought I'd just wait it out this time and buy it even if it's going to be around $30 more compared to PO price. I'd rather I spend that extra $30 and be happy than end up being disappointed and poorer by $70. I still have hope with Sideshow. Confidence, not so much.

And I think just now I saw a remark on the Mr Freeze thread that he'd spend that much on P1 but not on Sideshow :lol

Anyway, yeah a 1/4 Miller Batman is indeed long overdue. I think Bane is still best paired with Modern Age Batman, though. Miller Batman might end up being even bulkier than the OG Batman PFs and might make Bane appear smaller despite the proper scale.

Nothing wrong with collecting in a way that makes you feel comfortable. I live in the States so I have no worries about shoddy QC. If push comes to shove and I don't like a piece, I'd send it back. SSC's return policy is straight forward and simple for me. I see that you are an international collector. I can understand that the return process isn't as easy for you.

Back