Prop Sideshow AVP Temple Guard Mask Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get that. I mean..that's the mindset I have with food. I buy it, enjoy it for a little while then it's gone. :lol

Kinda defeats the purpose of having a "collection" if everything will be replaced sooner or later.

And then there's the hassle and danger that comes with selling...

I don't get that. I mean..that's the mindset I have with food. I buy it, enjoy it for a little while then it's gone. :lol

Kinda defeats the purpose of having a "collection" if everything will be replaced sooner or later.

He didn't say everything, just some. I have a pretty good size collectible room and even I'm starting to hesitate buying things. I ordered the Darth Malgus PF and I honestly don't know where it's going! Unless if you're filthy stinking rich, you can't keep everything.

Yes. I love Predator, i love the AVP ancients in particular. But i do not intend to hold the mask for years. I have had every single officially licenced and majority of the unofficial licenced 1:1 bio's at some point or another. I had 10 sideshow masks at the same time at one point. And ive had the HCG prop weapons too as well as custom weapons ive made myself and a head i still use as a centerpiece.

I buy items i like because i want to experience owning them. Im not a horder and i dont have the money to buy everything i like and keep it without selling a few pieces here and there to make room for the new.

Problem?

I'm 100000% with you on this. Hubby and I buy and re-sell as well - This is the only way we can afford to keep going in this hobby, and get the chance to own the pieces we want, even for a short time. We would love to keep everything, of course... But budget and space concerns take their toll, it is what it is.

The sad thing is, Ive got the skills to remove the painted lenses from these things and add real mesh/visor ones. But im so worried about when i come to sell the item people would look at it as an excuse to pay less because its been tampered with. I used to do it with recasts all the time but i wouldnt dare with an official. Unless i got one that was half broke, and i was keeping it anyway.
You'll always have a customer! *blink blink*

Was Larja here? :lol

Cheers,
Neo.

You'll always have a customer! *blink blink*
wink wink!
I don't get that.
You dont need to, its my money!
A collection just means a gathering of collectibles. It doesnt need to be the same collectibles all the time.

Ive got a collection of Hot Toys figures. Just because i sell a few here and there to buy a few new here and there it doesnt make it any less of a collection.

Ive got about 100% 1,300 positive feedbacks on ebay, and 100% record on multiple forums. I dont need to worry when it comes to selling.

But anyyyyyyyywayyyyyyyyy.

I've got a feeling im going to end up using my Berserker undermask for this display piece. So ill repaint it, and buy the AVP dread beads that are on ebay. Use the Temple Guard mask. And have a grail display. Though if Hot Toys remade a Temple Guard Predator id be over the moon.

Though if Hot Toys remade a Temple Guard Predator id be over the moon.

They're doing a Scar for sure, though it's hard to tell exactly what scale from the raw sculpt photo they posted last December. I'd imagine the next ones in line -- if they're actually remaking all of them -- would be Celtic, Chopper, and maybe Elder. The Ancients would likely be con exclusives or something... again. :lol

I'm 100000% with you on this. Hubby and I buy and re-sell as well - This is the only way we can afford to keep going in this hobby, and get the chance to own the pieces we want, even for a short time. We would love to keep everything, of course... But budget and space concerns take their toll, it is what it is.
Absolutely nothing wrong with doing this.
The longer I spend in these forums, the more I learn that many of us are in the same situation.
A collection just means a gathering of collectibles. It doesnt need to be the same collectibles all the time.

Ive got a collection of Hot Toys figures. Just because i sell a few here and there to buy a few new here and there it doesnt make it any less of a collection.

:exactly:

yay more masks & clonetroopers, because we just dont have enough pred masks, please sideshow more masks and less 1/4 pred statues :gah:

yay more masks & clonetroopers, because we just dont have enough pred masks, please sideshow more masks and less 1/4 pred statues :gah:

While I do agree, the demand for them must obviously be there. I don't see Sideshow just making bio's to just have them sit around in their warehouse.

There isnt really many more masks to go now though. So they will have to turn to statues unless that start making armour pieces. Which, i dont think they can really do. Theyv'e already did most of the weapons and so has HCG have did some.

They may do a new 1:1 bust or 2. p2 And Scar?

Personally what id really love is a 1:1 Predator bust but like the HCG p1 where its a bust for a masked head. Id love a Berserker bust like the one we got but with the blank face so its just purely used to hold the bio on.

But, sideshow already have 6 statues coming out and only 3 Masks in the works. So its not like the masks are hogging their attention at the moment.

I would love a list from someone far more...observant lol and knowledgeable than I of the possible bios that are still left for them to make. What about that huge wall of bios from AVP 2, have they made any of those? Also...didn't Sideshow say in "Ask Sideshow" that they won't be coming out with the P1 or P2 bios anytime soon? Or am I really that drunk? Lots of questions, most of which have probably already been answered but hey, it's Tuesday night.

i have a feeling that the lens will be just like the AVP scar pred. Paper... Can't wait to see actual pics. when it comes out to actually know for sure... otherwise, this bio is looking great!

it wont be paper it will just be flat silver paint like Celtic and Chopper

The sad thing is, Ive got the skills to remove the painted lenses from these things and add real mesh/visor ones. But im so worried about when i come to sell the item people would look at it as an excuse to pay less because its been tampered with. I used to do it with recasts all the time but i wouldnt dare with an official. Unless i got one that was half broke, and i was keeping it anyway.

That's exactly what I'm worried about as well. I've seen so many wonderfully made over statues, busts etc that never sell on eBay or the forums and if they do it's usually at a discounted price. I don't buy these to sell them later but you have to be realistic and think ahead, if something happened to a family member or there was some kind of emergency and I needed the funds I want to be able to get something back.

Back