Prop Sideshow AVP Temple Guard Mask Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collector_Neo

Super Freak
Reaction score
ifojyp.jpg

Image courtesy: Sideshow Collectibles​

Full reveal on Aug 28th.

Preview page https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=38017

Cheers,
Neo.

Last edited:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THIS IS WHAT I WANTED FOR YEARS.

Caps over.

****ing yes.

9d14356b.jpg

i hope we get the other AVP Ancient mask... and i will be <3

It is the only AVP mask left! (i think?! apart from Scar, without the scar which was an ancient and of course in the earlier parts of the movie)

If they start to do the masks on Wolf Predators wall of masks before AVP ancient #2 i will cry

Lenses look painted as usual, but at least it's one of the better designs. Finally.

One of my most wanted bios...for some reason I'm not very excited though. I guess it's the lenses..paint is dull...idunno.

Sideshow really need to start putting lenses in these things..:slap
It's been let down after let down with the entire AVP line and yet the
cost keeps going up..:(

YES. Not quite as excited as I was for the Elder bio but this is definitely going up on my bio wall. Honestly though I'm one of those people that adores these things to the point of blind love and will buy anything Sideshow throws at me. I think my favorite so far is actually the Steve Wang Stalker bio, even though it's not a part of the original official canon it's still one hell of a design.

Oh and how exactly would you guys like the lenses to be done? I'm not asking that with any bitterness in my heart lol I'm not a huge fan of the cheap painted ones, just wondering what you guys would like to see exactly?

Oh and how exactly would you guys like the lenses to be done? I'm not asking that with any bitterness in my heart lol I'm not a huge fan of the cheap painted ones, just wondering what you guys would like to see exactly?

At least some material that more closely resembles the lens. Not simply painted on.

The prices they've put on these bios are not cheap. The quality should reflect that.

At least some material that more closely resembles the lens. Not simply painted on.

The prices they've put on these bios are not cheap. The quality should reflect that.

I completely agree with you there. This mask looks nice but then you get to the lenses and it just takes the whole piece down IMO. Even if they took something like sunglasses and put a metalic flek to it i think it would look a lot better.

I do love my 1:1 bios so i hope this comes out fantastic

The sad thing is, Ive got the skills to remove the painted lenses from these things and add real mesh/visor ones. But im so worried about when i come to sell the item people would look at it as an excuse to pay less because its been tampered with. I used to do it with recasts all the time but i wouldnt dare with an official. Unless i got one that was half broke, and i was keeping it anyway.

Look at the way the lenses are done for the Predators line. I have Tracker, from that line, and Celtic from AvP. it's not even close as to which one looks better. It seems like such a no brainer!

...so you're buying it to just sell it later?
Yes. I love Predator, i love the AVP ancients in particular. But i do not intend to hold the mask for years. I have had every single officially licenced and majority of the unofficial licenced 1:1 bio's at some point or another. I had 10 sideshow masks at the same time at one point. And ive had the HCG prop weapons too as well as custom weapons ive made myself and a head i still use as a centerpiece.

I buy items i like because i want to experience owning them. Im not a horder and i dont have the money to buy everything i like and keep it without selling a few pieces here and there to make room for the new.

Problem?

Back