Prop Sideshow AVP Alien Egg Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How "hollow" is this piece? And more importantly how does the bottom of the base look, or the area where the egg attaches to the base?

Before I commit to buy one, Im looking into the feasibility of adding a facehugger inside for added effect when lit, so any info would help! :wave

How "hollow" is this piece? And more importantly how does the bottom of the base look, or the area where the egg attaches to the base?

Before I commit to buy one, Im looking into the feasibility of adding a facehugger inside for added effect when lit, so any info would help! :wave

Its hollow bud even the base, ull be shocked how light it is. Its all one piece as well so u cant open it unless u want to break it

Can anyone tell me what they were quoted or paid for shipping? I was just quoted $125 to Indiana......that seems very high.

Its hollow bud even the base, ull be shocked how light it is. Its all one piece as well so u cant open it unless u want to break it

You underestimate the extents I go to in my moddings... :naughty

So its completely hollow. That could be GREAT news, as I could cut a Full circle out of the bottom of the base, insert the facehugger and then re-attach bottom, all without having to do any visible exterior mods. Hmmm...

You underestimate the extents I go to in my moddings... :naughty

So its completely hollow. That could be GREAT news, as I could cut a Full circle out of the bottom of the base, insert the facehugger and then re-attach bottom, all without having to do any visible exterior mods. Hmmm...

U gotta show me when u do that, that would be just sick

Hey guys. Long time lurker ... finally signed.

I received my egg yesterday and was disappointed. I dont like the material it is made of and the what MOST bothers me is you can see this black bottom plastic that the 'granite ceremonial' base does not hide adequately.

I was looking into returning the piece but being in Canada it is not worth my while. I might as well hang on to it and see if it grows on me. If not I will be putting it on ebay for Canadian custombers only.

Like NOgears I got shipped the european adapter which is annoying. I however called Sideshow right away and they will be arranging to send me the correct adapter.

I havent looked at it today so when I get home from work Ill take a second look at it.

Just not happy with it .... to me it just looks .... well .... cheap.

As a frame of reference my small collection includes Sideshow 1:1 Predator 1 bust, Sideshow Alien Queen 1:4 bust, Sideshow Terminator T-800 battle damaged 1:1 bust, Palisades Alien Face Hugger 1:1 bust .... I also have the Sideshow Robocop 1:1 bust on order if it ever shows ...

FYI my holy grail that I have been searching for is Sideshow Alien Warrior 1:1 bust .... I guess I can join the club huh?

Beef

Hmm I was sitting on the toilet and laying my own eggs and I thought to myself 'hmm perhaps the black bottom piece is removable and only there to absorb shock". So I will have to check that out. I think I would be MUCH more pleased with the piece if that were the case. Not having purchased any prop replicas, only busts, I am not familiar with the different manufacturering precautions used to protect the piece.

Again with a second viewing and the removability of the black plastic I may grow to like it.

Kaijuboy,
I had a thought, if you can put a hugger in there maybe some how you can put a little motor in there and make the hugger move.

Hmmm.....

Place a small proximity/motion sensor (like whats on the MR One Ring) on the front of the base, so when it goes off, it triggers a little reciprocating motor to wiggle the FH's tail (and whole body) briefly. Like its twitching when something is nearby.

I LIKE IT!

But I'll have to do some research on getting/wiring a motion sensor...

...and get an egg

...(or a customer) :D

Hmmm.....

Place a small proximity/motion sensor (like whats on the MR One Ring) on the front of the base, so when it goes off, it triggers a little reciprocating motor to wiggle the FH's tail (and whole body) briefly. Like its twitching when something is nearby.

I LIKE IT!

But I'll have to do some research on getting/wiring a motion sensor...

...and get an egg

...(or a customer) :D

LOL
I bet you will be up night thinking about this now heheheheheheheh

Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. My wife's probably not going to be very happy. Also, finding space for this piece won't be easy. The issues I have to contend with for the sake of this hobby...:wink1:

actually you just need a paper hugger and maybe a small wire to create the movement for shadow effect :D

ideas, ideas. :lol

101_4000.jpg
[/IMG]
101_4001-1.jpg
[/IMG]
101_4004.jpg
[/IMG]
101_4003-1.jpg
[/IMG]
101_4002.jpg

This is the latest addition to my alien collection. It's a large, impressive piece. It has some nice detail and goes well with my alien queen 1:1 facehugger. The light-up feature is a nice addition that is not listed for the item. It gives the fiberglass egg a nice orange/yellow glow when it is on. There is a on/off button on the side of the base with a power cord (no battery option). The only problem is that I (and apparently others) received a European plug. I guess I could have called Sideshow about this but I just went to Radio Shack and bought a cheap converter for use in US outlets.

I bought this at a discounted price with free shipping (shipping can be very expensive on this piece because it comes in a box the size of a small apartment:))

Overall, I like the life size Alien Egg from AVP. If you can get it for a good price with reasonable shipping, I would recommend it.

Last edited:
thanks for the photo, iam thinking about buy 4 eggs from sideshow, still trying get a decent price with them, i hope they give me discounts. :dunno

Thanks for sharing the pics Ascello. Looks nice!

I really wanted a 1/1 Alien egg for my collection as well but, I couldn't bring myself to get this egg b/c it's from AvP. I wished SS went with the original Alien egg (Giger's design). That would've sold out easily if they had IMO.

This egg didn't sell too well (to my understanding) so I highly doubt SS will make a different 1/1 egg from another Alien movie. So I'm SOL. Well, unless I get that 1/1 rubber Alien egg on ebay of course, lol

Anyways, glad you like your egg! ;)

Thanks for sharing the pics Ascello. Looks nice!

I really wanted a 1/1 Alien egg for my collection as well but, I couldn't bring myself to get this egg b/c it's from AvP. I wished SS went with the original Alien egg (Giger's design). That would've sold out easily if they had IMO.

This egg didn't sell too well (to my understanding) so I highly doubt SS will make a different 1/1 egg from another Alien movie. So I'm SOL. Well, unless I get that 1/1 rubber Alien egg on ebay of course, lol

Anyways, glad you like your egg! ;)

the original egg was so much bigger though, and I doubt it would've sold anymore than this one. It wold've been a lot more money as well. Looks pretty good to me, but 0 interest.

Back