Statue Sideshow Avengers Assemble statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I enjoyed the J. Scott Campbell line.
This is so bizarro world. You have the Avengers Assemble line by Sideshow which:

Isn't the current Avengers Assemble motif as the cartoon currently carries in culture, which is confusing as hell.
A Marvel Now Cap and Classic Iron Man, which is confusing as hell.
A pre Marvel Now Ribic style Thor
No telling what Hulk

It just seems so all over the place. Their interpretation seems like it's more about cow-towing to the local culture of artists they employ than it is to the actual art it should emulate. See Randy Bowen. Say what you will, those stratagems were straight out of the specific comic artist (ie Walt Simonson's Thor art) with little changes to artistic license.

It's one thing to take artistic interpretation like the current Master of the Universe sculpts, but at least they didn't do Classic cartoon He-Man with 2002 Skeletor.

That is not classic Iron man, the classic suit didn't have sections and joints in the arms and legs, this is a modern suit with a classic styling, much like the XM version.

The classic suit was a skin tight micro mesh armor, yes it didn't make sense but it looked damn sexy on the page.

fn927d.jpg

Yeah I get the Ten percent changes you mentioned... but come on, man. An Iron Man suit with eye holes, the color scheme, the ear muffs, the round hip pads... this style of Iron Man is so much closer to classic Iron Man to anything close to resembling a modern Iron Man going all the back to 1990. You can't come to bat with the fact I'm saying this is Classic Iron Man more than Modern Iron Man. This statue may be great to some and I love you for it... but to try and justify this medium isn't all over the place is kind of strange.

I'm down for Cap. He will look good next to his 1/4 big brothers :D

He'll look small next to his 1/4 big brothers. I also don't like the Marvel Now costume. I'm actually grateful that they went with that costume. If he were in his classic duds, I'd have a very hard time passing on it.

$360 ain't shabby! It's a nice piece, great colors, nice EX..... sureeee, I'm in

Cap looked pretty cool too, really like how these are turning out. Won't be collecting them, but it's nice to see ssc producing them in a friendly scale/price.

They debuted at the same price that 1/4 scales were not long ago (example Doom). Was hoping they would be 300 or less. In a year, we will see these at $450+ if they continue the line.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

They debuted at the same price that 1/4 scales were not long ago (example Doom). Was hoping they would be 300 or less. In a year, we will see these at $450+ if they continue the line.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

i believe it was mentioned that it's a four statue line, so Hulk and Thor are inc and then that's it...but who knows if they will continue with a DC counterpart or more Marvel collections

The Ironman pose looks a lot like the Namor v Ironman piece

And thor's pose looks a little too much like the classic PF

I will collect this line but they need to do Quicksilver Scarlet Witch Giant Man and Namor to keep my interest

Back