Statue Sideshow Avengers Assemble statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know better than to get excited over anything Sideshow announces. LOL!
What they actually deliver to your home never comes close to their marketing pictures.
It'll be a long wait to see in-hand pics. :lol

I really like iron man. And the pose for hulk looks awesome.

almost no chance they are 1/4 scale though...which is a shame.

I really like iron man. And the pose for hulk looks awesome.

almost no chance they are 1/4 scale though...which is a shame.

It's weird, but yeah, I look at these and think 'not 1/4', even though I have no size comparison pics, etc. It's just something about the detail.

Again, could be completely wrong.

This is so bizarro world. You have the Avengers Assemble line by Sideshow which:

Isn't the current Avengers Assemble motif as the cartoon currently carries in culture, which is confusing as hell.
A Marvel Now Cap and Classic Iron Man, which is confusing as hell.
A pre Marvel Now Ribic style Thor
No telling what Hulk

It just seems so all over the place. Their interpretation seems like it's more about cow-towing to the local culture of artists they employ than it is to the actual art it should emulate. See Randy Bowen. Say what you will, those stratagems were straight out of the specific comic artist (ie Walt Simonson's Thor art) with little changes to artistic license.

It's one thing to take artistic interpretation like the current Master of the Universe sculpts, but at least they didn't do Classic cartoon He-Man with 2002 Skeletor.

Keeping in mind that if these were 1/4 (and therefore premium format with mixed media, etc) that a switch out portrait for Cap and removal of the pouch/belt would take you a little closer to a classic Cap.

Sideshow will charge the same price for 1:5 as 1:4. The days of 1:5 comiquettes being just over half the price of a PF are over.

Keeping in mind that if these were 1/4 (and therefore premium format with mixed media, etc) that a switch out portrait for Cap and removal of the pouch/belt would take you a little closer to a classic Cap.

Doesn't have to be mixed media to be a PF anymore. Any 1/4 scale statue is now considered a PF. I'd love a fully sculpted 1/4 classic SSC Cap. That's the stuff dreams are made of for me personally.

Ok 1/5 cool. Not to be THAT guy. But what yall think about price?[emoji848] 300? 400+ hulk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back