Sideshow AT-AT Diorama? Thoughts on one.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow AT-AT Diorama

I recognized that. I can't do anything about it or I would. If a mod wants to change it, it wouldn't bother me a bit. So, you guys can rail on me all you want, but I'd rather stay on topic now that we all know of the case of the missing questionmark. It's a valid complaint, I recognize that as well. And, if you don't have an interest in the topic fine. But, a little maturity and social graces go a long way.

It is funny you call me out when others have been doing the same or worse.

:slap...elitists. SELF SERVING INTERNET BASHING = POINTLESS! :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Really? So Sideshow is making an AT-AT diorama? Or did you fail in posting a correct topic description?

Pssst.... it's the latter. And if you'd spent a bit of time reading the rules and a bit more time poking around before starting a thread, you'd see that you can change the thread title yourself.

Patience and observation go a much longer way. ;):lol

So SS is doing an ATAT Dio????????????

(Hey Avenger, you can hit the edit button on your first post and this will allow you to add in the question mark to the thread title, since you started the thread and all.)

No need to jump down his throat. But you do need to understand that it's a common problem for people to post threads for something that people might be interested to see (sometimes even with exclamation marks!). Then you click through and find out that it's just a "what if?" thread.

I personally am undecided about the whole AT-AT diorama concept. I love the AT-AT (unrealistic as it may be) but there have been a lot of models and toys of it made in various scales, so they would have to do something different to stand out.

No need to jump down his throat. But you do need to understand that it's a common problem for people to post threads for something that people might be interested to see (sometimes even with exclamation marks!). Then you click through and find out that it's just a "what if?" thread.

I personally am undecided about the whole AT-AT diorama concept. I love the AT-AT (unrealistic as it may be) but there have been a lot of models and toys of it made in various scales, so they would have to do something different to stand out.

I think a deuce with a snow speeder tying one up would've been a great entry for their mini dios, but they've since stopped that line. :monkey1

I'm not jumping on anyone for pointing out my mistake, which I've admitted to 3 times now and since corrected after learning I can. People make mistakes and bringing it up is how we prevent them in the future. I am however, jumping on them for using ___ to simulate cussing me out for it, and having no social grace or tact in how they went about it. If someone got excited and felt misled, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to intentionally pull anyone's leg, simply share something I thought was a cool idea and perhaps I could touch base with other like minded individuals. Instead, while I made an error, over half my thread has been about the title and throwing eggs.

On the idea, someone had mentioned an AT-AT that had been destroyed (laying forward in the snow). I thought that was interesting, and different. Might be one way to go about it. A diorama might have been a poor idea. As this thing has hashed out, I've thought I would have been better to talk about something larger like a PF (if you can say that about a vehicle) focusing on a single walker. MR did a nice one standing upright, but I empathize with you on wanting something a bit less stationary and more lifelike. That's one of the things I like about Sideshow. They put heavy emphasis on not just making a statue, but showing the piece in a frame of action, doing whatever it is it does. And, in most cases they do it really well.

Just to be clear, in the first part of my post I was defending you, since I think the response was a little over the top. I'm just explaining it.

Oh. I'm sorry man, I thought you were talking to me about why my error might make someone mad, like people get their hopes up all the time only to be let down to find out it's just a what if post. :) I didn't want you to think I was pushing back because I didn't understand the nature of my mistake.

Oh. I'm sorry man, I thought you were talking to me about why my error might make someone mad, like people get their hopes up all the time only to be let down to find out it's just a what if post. :)

Well I was doing that as well, but the "jumping down his throat" part was aimed at the other people in the thread. Anyway, let's move on...

I think a deuce with a snow speeder tying one up would've been a great entry for their mini dios, but they've since stopped that line. :monkey1

I think this is a great idea. The hard part is the inevitable compromise on how you suspend the speeders. Support wires and rods can be a distraction, but you have to mount them somehow.

Did sideshow do mini dios at one point or are you talking about a different company? I've only been following Sideshow for about 2 years now, so I've missed a lot. I'm particularly sad about missing out on the 4 Alien dios. I can pick them up on ebay, but naturally there's a markup. It will have to wait till after Christmas I guess. :(

I think this is a great idea. The hard part is the inevitable compromise on how you suspend the speeders. Support wires and rods can be a distraction, but you have to mount them somehow.

Not really. If you make the tow-cables out of wire, they'll easily support the weight of mini speeders.

Oh. I'm sorry man, I thought you were talking to me about why my error might make someone mad, like people get their hopes up all the time only to be let down to find out it's just a what if post. :) I didn't want you to think I was pushing back because I didn't understand the nature of my mistake.

Ah the internet, we're you'll never get a reaction between one and nine-thousand. I think it's Assburgers Syndrome.

If they do ever get to doing an AT-AT dio, make it the collapsed one if nothing else.

MR's is perfect. I missed out on that one but, I wouldn't really care for a small diorama. I'd rather have something similar to the studio scale MR piece. Will probably wait for Efx to make one.

MR's is perfect. I missed out on that one but, I wouldn't really care for a small diorama. I'd rather have something similar to the studio scale MR piece. Will probably wait for Efx to make one.

EFX certainly seems to be making some folks happy with the McVader helmet tonight. I'd like to see what they could do myself.

Back