1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't usually go back on materials from proto to production, so I'm guessing they will remain using the (what looks like) leather and fabric. Not sure about the holster though, that could be rubber which would be a bummer.

I would say the likeness is one of the better ones of Ash... I'd say better than the v2 Ash from Beto, but not as good as his most recent. The Iminime might be a bit better, but while it's a very nice sculpt the likeness is off, but quality seems a bit higher.

Definitely like some aspects but can see the points others are making. Honestly, if SS were smart, they'd price this one around Snakes price and I think anyone in the fence would jump in.

This looks great! The head sculpt is the best I've seen, but I agree it's a little off. What is it about bruce Campbell that makes it seemingly impossible to get a perfect likeness?

Beto is the man. SSC's sculpt looks okay. Only thing that's really hurting it is that god-awful ab crunch. I don't know what they were thinking when they designed that piece of s***e.

I'd very much like to get this and have been waiting with bated breath since it was announced. Looking forward to seeing more pics as well as the official ones provided with the preorder. Those ab fangs, though... bloody hell, they're bad.

Looks fine for an SSC figure. Even the sculpt is fine.
Just tell me what's in the set and what's the price...

Beto's Ash is still the best looking figure. However this one by SSC does look really great as far as the pics showed and that won't burn a hole in your wallet ordering it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my chance to own a 1/6 Ash, might end up changing the body. Overall it looks ok but we all know they screw up in production.

I like it a lot though as some others have said i am not too keen on that snake plissken body. I mean the body has nice definition but those weird teeth. They need to change that body. So this is essentially the " Hero From the Sky " Ash as he looks like that at the end of EDII.

Yeah, I never really followed the Plissken thread but what the hell are those fangs on the body? What a stupid idea, is there any point to them being there at all?

To me, this looks like someone bashed together a decent custom, not a licensed official release they're expecting us to drop $200 on. Also, the sculpt is a little too cartoonish for my liking.

True, but with the way people make up prices around here for stuff, a decent custom will be at least 200.

Soooo Sideshow it is. :)

Have to see what the price is / what you get and more pics before I commit. Love the character/movie, but figures are getting so damn expensive that I really need to be sold on it completely to hand overslept my hard-earned these days ;)

Looking at it more, I feel like the left side of the head (right to us) is nearly dead on. Other side with the eyebrow raised looks off. That eye also looks strangely beady and messes with the likeness. Could be the lighting, though.

sdcc2015_sideshow_131.jpg

Shot by Michael Crawford (2015 San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) Photo Coverage for Sideshow Collectibles)

Back