Sideshow announced Military Line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
creature4000 said:
yeah.. the troopers must be inclusive that way we can order more then one.

even as an inclusive edition, you are only allowed to buy one and then buy 2 for the regular.

jlcmsu said:
That would be cool with me. I like Cody.

I'm sure there are a lot of cody fans out there and in here. It would make sense since he could be paired up with the (dare I say it) Ep III Obi Wan, plus they could do a change-o-head as the exclusive.

Darth Rage said:
I'm sure there are a lot of cody fans out there and in here. It would make sense since he could be paired up with the (dare I say it) Ep III Obi Wan, plus they could do a change-o-head as the exclusive.

Yeah, thats a good thought really. He would look good with Obi-Wan. I'd personally go helmet on.

creature4000 said:
yeah.. the troopers must be inclusive that way we can order more then one.

COULDN'T GET PAST THIS FIRST PAGE AND CAN'T HELP BUT SAY HOW MUCH I AGREE. SIDESHOW MUST MAKE THE MILITARY LINE INCLUSIVE. PEOPLE WILL WANT MUTIPLES. THIS SHOULD BE OBIVIOUS. MAYBE IF I KEEP WRITING IN ALL CAPS, I CAN DO MY LITTLE PART IN MAKING SURE SIDESHOW READS THIS AND MAKES IT HAPPEN!!!!!1

TOE said:
even as an inclusive edition, you are only allowed to buy one and then buy 2 for the regular.

Then sign me up for 3 !!! Thats a good round number and more than 2 !!

abstractharmony said:
Personally, I'd like Moff Tarkin to kick off this line.

I don't think I need 3 Tarkins however, so to clarify I mean only generic troopers.

Darth Rage said:

Definitly a Cody fan and a great idea but I'd probably want a Obi-Wan Clone General in his own armor with the Cloak and round lapels. Remember his helmet would be Ep2 version of the Clone Trooper or the one we've seen him most prominately wear. I wonder if SS has the license to do "animated" versions of interchangeable heads, and remember, you have to have one with a mullet and one without.

But hey this is the Military Line not the Jedi line.

adambadadam said:
COULDN'T GET PAST THIS FIRST PAGE AND CAN'T HELP BUT SAY HOW MUCH I AGREE. SIDESHOW MUST MAKE THE MILITARY LINE INCLUSIVE. PEOPLE WILL WANT MUTIPLES. THIS SHOULD BE OBIVIOUS.

Not to me. :lol I'd be afraid of a ton of people ordering multiples with the intent to army build but then cancelling them due to funds close to the time of shipment. I'd be afraid SSC would get stuck with extra product and it having adverse effects on the line down the road. Basically I'm worried it would be just like a "pegwarmer" effect like with mass retail lines.

Honestly I'm a little concerened over Inclusives in general. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great on ordering day/week but I'm afraid of what it could mean in the future. Take Jabba for example. I ordered all 3 pieces but I have no idea if I'm going to be able to pay for it all when it comes down to shipping week. I know that happens with the excusives too but those will have a higher secondary value causing them to be taken by waitlisters whereas SS could get stuck with a bunch of inclusives if there are a lot of people like me.

anti-hero said:
Not to me. :lol I'd be afraid of a ton of people ordering multiples with the intent to army build but then cancelling them due to funds close to the time of shipment. I'd be afraid SSC would get stuck with extra product and it having adverse effects on the line down the road. Basically I'm worried it would be just like a "pegwarmer" effect like with mass retail lines.

Honestly I'm a little concerened over Inclusives in general. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great on ordering day/week but I'm afraid of what it could mean in the future. Take Jabba for example. I ordered all 3 pieces but I have no idea if I'm going to be able to pay for it all when it comes down to shipping week. I know that happens with the excusives too but those will have a higher secondary value causing them to be taken by waitlisters whereas SS could get stuck with a bunch of inclusives if there are a lot of people like me.

Of all the items that could warehousewarm, I think clones or troopers would be the best ones to have a ton of stock of. People will constantly want to add one here and there after they've gotten their first one or few. And there are people who don't buy any of the sideshow figures that probably wouldn't mind a clone or two.

For Stormtroopers, it should be a mandatory 2pack.

For AOTC or ROTS troopers... it should also be a two pack but with different colors in each set. (not random of course)

Commander Cody can be a nice stand alone.

And someone said earlier about the lips and hair not being too dark. Well... all the clones have the head of Jango so they should all have removable helmets. And yah... they can mess that up too. But i hope not.

jlcmsu said:
Bring on the troopres!!

French!?

58.jpg

A generic rebel fighter would also be military and not require much, if any armor.

And when they talk to Toyfare that was most likely months ago - so I'm sure things are well into the planning - heck, they could be "planning" to go into production next week!

Darklord Dave said:
A generic rebel fighter would also be military and not require much, if any armor.

And when they talk to Toyfare that was most likely months ago - so I'm sure things are well into the planning - heck, they could be "planning" to go into production next week!
Well said. I agree.

A cool first figure in the Military line would be the Rebel Fleet Trooper from ANH. These were, afterall, the first troopers of any kind we first saw in a SW flick. They were technically onscreen before even the Stormtroopers.

:chew

IrishJedi said:
A cool first figure in the Military line would be the Rebel Fleet Trooper from ANH. These were, afterall, the first troopers of any kind we first saw in a SW flick. They were technically onscreen before even the Stormtroopers. :chew

That would be a great figure to start off the line with! Not as obvious as a Storm or Clone Trooper and unique as it's never been done before in 12" scale. :rock

FlyAndFight said:
That would be a great figure to start off the line with! Not as obvious as a Storm or Clone Trooper and unique as it's never been done before in 12" scale. :rock

Exactly. And it should be quite easy for SSC to pull off as well. :rock

:duff

Back