Sideshow announced Military Line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainman

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Rebelscum:

Posted by Jedi_Jake:

In Tomarts Action Figure Digest, durring an interview with a Sideshow representive, it was written that the "Military Line" is in planning and will consist of Clone Troopers, Stormtroopers and Rebel Fighters.

That's a bummer if they are over a year into the 12" license and they are only just now in the "planning" stage and discussing what kinds of characters they will do. I am looking forward to the Military line and it looks like we will be waiting a bit longer for SS to get this line started.

Darklord Dave said:
"Planning" is a relative term.

I PLAN to go to the gym, but is it going to happen? Doesn't look promising. Don't know what this has to do with anything, but I just wanted to get my 400th before bed. :chew :chew

Darklord Dave said:
"Planning" is a relative term.

Yeah, they've been talking about a military line from the get-go... not a huge suprise Stormtrooper and Clonetroopers would be in the mix. I'm sure they've done a bit more than decide who goes into it.

Everyone, including SS knows armored characters will rock! I'm sure we won't be let down.

They've always said no armored characters until next year (meaning 2007) so I don't find this surprising.

I would be surprised if they announced the Military line in November or December... pleasantly surprised.

creature4000 said:
yeah.. the troopers must be inclusive that way we can order more then one.

Yeah, I agree. I might be tempted to order more than one a couple of them.

I'm actually glad they haven't announced this line yet. For some reason the armored characters are the ones I've been most nervous about quality-wise (even more so than Chewie). So I'm glad they're taking their time to get it right before announcing the first of the line. Especially since they like to kick start lines with iconic characters. I'd hate to get a stormtrooper or some other really important trooper like that with production problems they couldn't forsee due to it being the first one.

I'm scared. I know I'm going to want to build an army. God I hope they can keep the cost down on those bad boys. I also wonder what the exclusives will be. I hope I won't need the exclusive for all of them so I can get them from retailers for a little less.

I will probably get 2-3 Stormies and pose them around Suited Vader whenever he comes out. I am not going to go crazy and order 10.

I will probably only order the ROTS versions of the clones and 1 of each color varient.

Atleast we can count of the fact that the beards, hair, and lips won't be too dark on the troopers:cool:

King Darkness said:
Atleast we can count of the fact that the beards, hair, and lips won't be too dark on the troopers:cool:

Their armor will probably have a pink tint to it :lol

King Darkness said:

Yeah, but there will still be plenty of people to go off on the helmet sculpt. Just look at the Medi Stormie. I think controversy is unavoidable when it comes to these figures, tho I don't understand why. I guess it's just because we all care so much about these characters. For some people that translates into a love for SSC since they're (FINALLY) giving us affordable, quality representations of the characters, and for others it translates into nothing being perfect since they know the characters and looks so well.

Anyway...I said before that I wouldn't want them to start the Military line now if the armor wasn't ready to go but, come to think of it, I'd love to see them put out some Rebel troopers (especially pilots) right now. I don't see any reason why those wouldn't be possible.

abstractharmony said:
You've just got to have at least 2 of each.

Assuming of course that they go with generic troopers. I often wonder if they will christen the line with something like Commander Cody as opposed to a standard clone or storm trooper.

Darth Rage said:
Assuming of course that they go with generic troopers. I often wonder if they will christen the line with something like Commander Cody as opposed to a standard clone or storm trooper.

That would be cool with me. I like Cody.

Back