Sideshow ALIENS Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, March 8 is the big processing day according to the notice. Long time to wait for such an awesome piece, but well worth it. Hope the production pieces live up to the prototype.

You saw this in person at SDCC? I liked the finish on the piece, there were specked flecks of lighter yellowish paint all over the Alien that I really appreciated and felt gave the whole piece a more lifelike appearance. And of course, the high gloss finish keeps him moist and organic looking. I ordered before driving down to the show, but realized I could keep the order once I saw him in person. This will fit my collection very well.

Long time? I'm essentially waiting for the Alien maquette (and hoping SS does a stellar job on it too), and saving all my rewards points for him.

My dealer let me know that this will arrive next week! I can't wait for this thing!

Pics are already on another forum.

Here are the "in hand" pics...

The paint is a bit lacking on this, but it's a great sculpt.
It's definately not glossy enough though, based on the proto pics.

And a damn nice size too.

P1060096.jpg

P1060111.jpg

P1060119.jpg

P1060097.jpg

P1060098.jpg

P1060103.jpg

P1060122.jpg

P1060124.jpg

It really is an amazing piece but I just cannot justify an $800+ price tag for this piece...

My dealer let me know that this will arrive next week!

That's because I emailed him last night to ask if I could send final payment, as well as more funds for the McVader. He replied with a bit of shock that the maquette was shipping.

:lol

Thanks for the hookup ozz, Bill is awesome to deal with! :D

P1060103.jpg

I am so envious of you sabres if these pics are of yours! I haven't even got an invoice notice yet! I agree it doesn't look glossy enough and it is a shame the diorama has a nicer base with the secreted resin on it and the maquette doesn't.

One question though, is there anything wrong with the top left corner tooth on the inner jaw? It looks like it isn't molded properly?

WTF!!!

How the hell does anybody have this already?! Orders are shipped (supposedly) as they were receaved, and I got my damn order in Friday morning of SDCC, and I haven't even gotten the final processing email yet. WTF is this crap? How do they have this already?

Now that I'm done crying about not being one of the first to own this, I agree, the paint apps are disappointing, especially now that it's obvious the teeth are not chromed. It already wasn't really accurate, though I liked it anyway, but without the glossy surface it's pretty blah. On the upside though, I had toyed with the idea of repainting into screen accuracy anyway, and now there's no super shiny paint job stopping me.

The Aliens were actually a boney brown and black in color, not too far off from how Palisades painted theirs, so that the high contrast details showed up well in the dark shots.
dvd3.jpg

Actual screen-used suit. This one actually makes me like the Sideshow proto paint job better.
img1.jpg

How cool would this pose have been?
aliens_warrior_cg_sm05.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, I don't own this.
I passed as I could not justify the price for what I was getting.
No yet anyway.

These are from a collector in Asia.
He got his because he's close to the factory or something like that.

WTF!!!

How cool would this pose have been?
aliens_warrior_cg_sm05.jpg

This is how it should have been done!
Hopefully the Resurrection and Alien maquettes are at least standing up, and I would be happy enough for one of them to be in that pose but Aliens is my grail. I love this statue but the diorama is actually better than this in a lot of ways except size ofcourse.
It is a lot of money I think for a statue that from the photos is the same size as the Hellboy 2 PF and doesn't even have clothing, yet alone a clear dome or complicated base.

Nope, I don't own this.
I passed as I could not justify the price for what I was getting.
No yet anyway.

These are from a collector in Asia.
He got his because he's close to the factory or something like that.

Thanks mate. That guy is lucky - I have been looking forward to an "Aliens" statue this size for 15 years the wait worse near the end!
I feel a little short changed on this too but I can't pass on anything Alien or Predator.
After the Diorama Sideshow should have hit this out of the park but it is like it's a step back not a step up from that design....They could have at least scaled it with the Alien 3 for the price point and added to the base with the hive pattern or an egg.
If I'm not happy with the paint on this I will custom it or by the looks of things at least gloss it like I did my CM Alien.

I wanted to be able to pick this up so badly when saw it announced at comic con from across the pond. Looks great to imo. sucks that will never be able to have it grace my shelves with its appearance:monkey2

That's because I emailed him last night to ask if I could send final payment, as well as more funds for the McVader. He replied with a bit of shock that the maquette was shipping.

Cool! He's drop shipping it to you, right? You might get it faster than I do if that's the case!

that pose rocks. i would have bought this in a heartbeat if it looked like that pic above.

Word of mouth is a good thing :D . Ozz didnt know the dealer was close to him until I told him :lol

Back