Sideshow ALIENS Queen and Egg Chamber Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dam nevermind. not selling my original dio. Wife saw the new statue preview and said there is no way she will have that in her house. Its too disgusting she said. Now I want it even more :(

Miss my original Queen dio. I would never go for this intricate expensive difficult to display and keep clean piece...

seeing this dio just made me think if we are ever gonna see a ht queen. They made the bat and that thing is freaking huge

seeing this dio just made me think if we are ever gonna see a ht queen. They made the bat and that thing is freaking huge

the Bat doesn't require poseability though. People screaming for Queen figures always forget the fact that it would have severe stability issues, only works well as a statue.

I actually am glad I'm keeping the original dio. The action pose is growing on me more than a queen that is just sitting there pooping eggs.

:lol

Yeah, but think back to when you first saw the movie. That scene was so heart thumpingly intense. The slow reveal, the tension, the realization of what it is you're looking at... the shear magnitude.

Hell yeah!
"Contemporaries" like Anderson (such a ____ing hack), Jeunet and the Strauss chumps (Fincher too who I rate but he had other issues) can't create a significant scene that once compares to the first 2 films.

... and the breathing.

I can still hear it.
I cannot wait to see this project finished. I have to know dimensions, and price so that I can figure out if I can get it or not. I have been dreaming of an ultimate Queen Hive Dio since I was a kid.

As much as I hate, now as an adult, how Cameron changed the Alien life cycle from the original intension, there's such a powerful nostalgic essence about the Alien Queen. Particularly, perched in her egg chamber.

I think he changed the life cycle for the better. It makes more sense, I mean a person turning into an egg, c'mon!

Just my personal belief that adding the Queen into the mix no longer makes it a "perfect organism" as Ash described it. It's reproduction is now dependent on having the Queen present to create more eggs. Originally, the Alien could convert any organic matter into new eggs on it's own.

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

While I love ALIENS...the addition of the Queen was a bit of a step backward for the creature.

Cameron did what he did because he based ALIENS on the book of STARSHIP TROOPERS. Hence the "bug" references and hierarchy.

Starship troopers was released in 97. Aliens in 86. You're sorely mistaken guy. LMFAO ATR! :rotfl

:D The one that is mistaken is YOU my friend. The novel "Starship Troopers" from Robert A. Heinlein was published in December 1959. You mean the movie adaption from Paul Verhoeven - that one is indeed from 1997. But originally the novel was ment before.

:D The one that is mistaken is YOU my friend. The novel "Starship Troopers" from Robert A. Heinlein was published in December 1959. You mean the movie adaption from Paul Verhoeven - that one is indeed from 1997. But originally the novel was ment before.

If so I stand corrected! So you mean to tell me Ridley Scott's idea came from Starship Troopers the novel? More or less...

dam nevermind. not selling my original dio. Wife saw the new statue preview and said there is no way she will have that in her house. Its too disgusting she said. Now I want it even more :(

She doesn't make you hide all your stuff in a hive in the basement like me?

If so I stand corrected! So you mean to tell me Ridley Scott's idea came from Starship Troopers the novel? More or less...

No. Member DHarris wrote before, that JAMES CAMERON (who was director of "Aliens") introduced the Alien Queen because he read the novel Starship Troopers (of Robert Heinlein).

Back