Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL at the paint job on this thing. I'm not usually overly critical on these things, but I could of painted it better, and I don't paint. Two colors overlapping each other and send to client.

Pretty much. It's like SS is telling people nowadays to take their merchandise and finish it themselves cause SS is too damn lazy or too damn amateurish to do it for them. And with SS's prices, that's ludicrous.

The final pic actually looks a bit better than I thought. If I just had that kind of money .....

Mine just arrived today.

Overall happy with the appearance of this. A wash or another application for a more fossilized look is needed however.

That said, has anyone had issues with the telescope not quite fitting as snugly as it should with the space jockey piece ?
Mine seems a little loose fitting than it should be.

The bottom viewfinder on the scope seems to sit a little higher than it should. Some packing beneath the forward portion of it would help its elevation. Its not a deal breaker however.

Not loose enough to fall out either by the way.

Last edited:
$600 for this is out of the question. Bad paint job, questionable fit, and who knows what else. Dang, SS needs to step up.

Price is outrageous for what your getting with this one, on sideshows website they call the space jockey ," a tragic traveler who fell victim to his own lethal cargo', and when I saw the final product I couldn't agree more..

This piece doesn't really represent what the artist H.R Giger created in the original alien film.

He died from a serious head injury back in 2014 and they say it was from falling down a flight of stairs.

What the media failed to report was that this thing conked him over the head and that's how he really died.

Wow..that looks really cheap.For 600$ it needs a lot better paintjob!:(

But the details are nice!So sideshow should sell this guys for 200$ with selfpaintingoption !:wink1:

I ****ing love mine, just delivered today. Bigger than I though it would be. Yeah, of course it doesn't look exactly like the one in the film, but it's so much better than that Pacific Palisades one.
If I had any experiences using washes I'd probable try it, but I don't want to **** it up.
I do think it was overpriced and feel Sideshow should make scale versions of Dallas, Lambert & Kane to go with it at no additional charge to those of us who've already bought one.

I'd love to see a SSC Derelict ship next, the Hollywood Collectables one looks like ass.

nice piece :) alien.jpgalien2.jpgalien3.jpg

Receive mine but has a small tiny chip offered to give me a $60 credit just wondering if you guys would take that or return it for an exchange?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Receive mine but has a small tiny chip offered to give me a $60 credit just wondering if you guys would take that or return it for an exchange?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would depend where the chip is and how big/visible it is but for the price of this piece I would probably return it.

If you want to fix it buy some tamiya flat brown and flat black and colour match it and it should be fine

If it were me id get it replaced (while they still have inventory for replacements).

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It should be returned.
When you spend $600 on a Marquette or any item it should not have any defects . Especially chips/cracks or any sort of damage.
A $60 refund is not good enough.
Sideshows quality control standards have dropped, sadly. But not their prices.

It might be a minor flaw but still should not be there when you purchase something new.

Not to mention the anticipation of having waited over twelve months from pre order ,only to see a poor finish to it.

I would usually agree, but that is just a small patch of missing paint. I'd happily take the $60 credit for that, spend $10 on the paints and cover it over. But everybody is different. My Boba fett PF has several areas of missing paint, I didn't even bother asking for a credit, but maybe I've lowered my expectations too far so I wouldn't hold others to it at all. If you aren't happy, return it of course.

Back