Sideshow Alien Space Jockey maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Python you are right.

After reflection it makes more sense.

In this case a paint touch up is simple enough. You have to weigh up if its worth destroying a
perfectly good statue for a replacement over a small paint defect.

I was venting my frustration I guess at what collectors everywhere " had " grown to expect from Sideshow QC and what their now getting.

Understandable, having experienced some really shoddy QC on a few pieces lately, it becomes frustrating. Especially given the extra charges us international folks face! Glad you've come to a decision however.

Has anyone repainted or enhanced the statue in any way who would like to post pics?

Interested to see even simple paint mods done to this statue.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I got to see this in person and i think lighting in particular plays a huge part on how good this statue does or doesn't look. In regular lighting (warm incandescent ) the navigator looks too brown.. bleh, like the proto photos. BUT when white cool leds were on it, it looked alot better imo. The cool white leds made it look more 'bone' like and made the shading look much better as well. That mix of brown and cool white on it makes a pretty nice blend for a more fossilized look tha

Overall the paintbjob does look much better in person and better than i thought it would based on the pics posted.

I might have to reconsider this piece since i display all my statues under cool white leds. Hmmmmm.....

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I got my maquette today... very nice!

20160720_135647.jpg
20160720_135655.jpg

Back